Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] India v England Test Series

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
In other news, I just happened to see that West Indies are 392/6 chasing 395 to win in the last innings against Bangladesh in Chattogram. I'm not familiar with most of the Bangladesh attach but generally that's really good going to chase that many on a last day pitch in Bangladesh nowadays. Unbeaten double hundred for Kyle Mayers on debut.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In other news, I just happened to see that West Indies are 392/6 chasing 395 to win in the last innings against Bangladesh in Chattogram. I'm not familiar with most of the Bangladesh attach but generally that's really good going to chase that many on a last day pitch in Bangladesh nowadays. Unbeaten double hundred for Kyle Mayers on debut.

They won by 3 wickets. Incredible achievement, with an inexperienced side, after conceding a 170+ first innings deficit.

Bangladesh were an opening bowler down (Shakib Al Hasan bowled just 6 overs in the first innings, didn’t bat in their second knock, and couldn’t bowl at all in the last) but irrespective, it’s a brilliant win. Fair play to them.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Root is such a good captain with field positions at times but I don’t understand what he’s doing here, this is the perfect time for an Archer burst and the defensive fields for the spinner? Odd.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good day again - doing much better than I expected.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Nobody up and watching this morning?

In my still half asleep mode this morning I completely forgot this was on C4 and by default put Sky Cricket on. Watched 5 minutes of SA V Pak before I realised I was watching the wrong match :facepalm:

Anyway, Leach makes the breakthrough: Ashwin c Buttler b Leach 31

Ind 305-7

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A good morning for England

Nadeem c Stokes b Leach 0 (Ind 312-8)
Ishant c Pope b Anderson 4 (Ind 323-9)
Bumrah c Stokes b Anderson 0 (Ind 337 all out)

Superb catch by Stokes for the last wicket.

Follow-on not enforced.

England lead by 241

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'm surprised England haven't enforced the follow on. Root being a bit too cautious again ?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I'm surprised England haven't enforced the follow on. Root being a bit too cautious again ?

If you’re surprised, you can’t have watched much test cricket in the past 20 years.

England were always going to bat again.

The only way they weren’t, is if they bowled India out for less than 200 and had less than 60 overs in the field at the them. Even then I’d have still fancied us to bat again.

Last edited:

Jul 20, 2003
Nice situation for Buttler to be batting in :)
I was hoping Stokes might kick off but perhaps a bit rusty, or just one of those things. Anyway, swing away Jos, swing away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here