Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] India v England Test Series

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is truly bizarre...... If England decided to bat for say 15 overs or whatever then fine but score some runs doing it. I haven’t heard one reasonable explanation from a commentator or ex player about this.

We’re aiming for time/a certain number of overs to bowl them out I reckon.....it’s not really bizarre. Not what I would do personally but it’s understandable......if we get them 9 down tomorrow and run out of time Root will look a bit stupid though.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We’re aiming for time/a certain number of overs to bowl them out I reckon.....it’s not really bizarre. Not what I would do personally but it’s understandable......if we get them 9 down tomorrow and run out of time Root will look a bit stupid though.

You can always give yourself a few more overs to bowl a side out.. Putting a time limit on it like the commentator has suggested might be the reason, only because he and everyone else is perplexed.

Anyway it’s still there to be won easily enough.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
India have a good record batting last at home, they are used to waring, tough conditions. Not aiming at having as many overs as possible at it is really bizarre IMO, all we are doing is ensuring they will batten down the hatches and play defensively all day tomorrow.

This tactic is do not lose, instead of going for the win.

Buttler now out, still no declaration, 410 odd ahead :shrug:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Yes. 80 overs plus 20 overs.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Surprised DRS made that decision so quickly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Come on Jof do something magic, pretend your back at the county ground and hit some runs

Jofra must be the most over-rated batsman in the history of world cricket.

How he bats ahead of Leach, or in fact anyone, is an utter mystery.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've reached the point where I'm actively hoping for England wickets to fall.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What was the message there from the dressing room? "Leave the next ball"?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This is painful and totally unnecessary. A lead of 350 was plenty. We may still win but I wouldn't put any money on it. I hate these cautious approaches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here