Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] India v England Test Series

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
England's openers are both walking wickets, and I'm not convinced about whatshisname at 3 either.

Spinners are dodgy. Why was Bess suddenly bowling full tosses, and neither are consistently accurate enough.

Pace attack is ok but ancient. If both Anderson and Broad are out, there could be trouble - everyone else keeps getting injured.

But apart from poor openers, an unconvincing number three, dodgy spinners, and a fragile pace attack, we're doing fine :lolol:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Sibley is not a walking wicket, what total rubbish, he’s showed more application than most of our other batsmen, all the other players remark about Sibley that he’s a relentless hard worker, when he identifies problems in his game he works day and night to improve them.

Burns played his first test after a serious injury and looked good first innings before his brain fart.

Root Stokes Pope is a phenomenal middle order, all good players of spin.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sibley is not a walking wicket, what total rubbish, he’s showed more application than most of our other batsmen, all the other players remark about Sibley that he’s a relentless hard worker, when he identifies problems in his game he works day and night to improve them.

Burns played his first test after a serious injury and looked good first innings before his brain fart.

Root Stokes Pope is a phenomenal middle order, all good players of spin.

Indeed. Burns and Sibley have both shown decent application and desire to bat long.

And a middle order set up to play spin, that can afford to omit Bairstow, is quite something.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Who is UP ?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No team should reach 300 on this pitch really. Turn and bounce, yet sitting up for the quicks. A few premature shots. It's only the twelfth over.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just come down from bed and turned on.. So, no play today and so they are showing the First Test again?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just come down from bed and turned on.. So, no play today and so they are showing the First Test again?

Yeah, from the third day...

It's a bowler's paradise.

Stone very impressive. Bowling straight and tight line then allowing the pitch to hold or push. Leach getting turn and bounce. Ali doing little except for that ball.

Rohit's '**** it' attitude seems to be the way to go so far.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yeah, from the third day...

It's a bowler's paradise.

Stone very impressive. Bowling straight and tight line then allowing the pitch to hold or push. Leach getting turn and bounce. Ali doing little except for that ball.

Rohit's '**** it' attitude seems to be the way to go so far.
I think Moeen Ali does not have to do much more for this Test, THAT ball might have won the match already.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A decent start by England, after losing the toss they have reduced India to 106/3 at lunch.
I was really impressed with Olly Stone's opening spell and it was worth getting up just to see Kohli's reaction after getting clean bowled by Moeen Ali.

The wicket looks as though it's starting to break up after only one session. This match certainly won't be going to the fifth day.
Let's have another 3 wickets in this middle session and England will be feeling very good.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
And great to see a crowd at the ground.

What a ball my Moeen.

Kholi thinking he’s WG Grace! .... That ball may have bowled me but I’m not walking. The crowd are here to see me bat, not watch you bowl...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks like the game is slowly swinging India's way. Two dangerous, batsmen I that could take the game away from us this session.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Moeen comes on and suddenly Sharma looks uncomfortable.... Any ideas on Roots fielding position? Silly Long On?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Sleeping on and off from 4 but what a delight to catch all the wickets particularly the last.
Great that we can make 4 changes from a winning team without an obvious loss in strength. Not sure I’ve witnessed that since first watching as a tweeny in the 70’s. Graham Potter for England!

Shame about Sharma and Local lad Rahane looking for a return to form.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Morning everyone, looks like India making a better effort with the bat, Rohit just got his Ton, well played Sir...

148-3

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I’ve cracked before the pitch. £25 4-1 first Test. £100 winnings put on England Second Test 11/4.
Just put £280 on India 2/5 which will put me back where I started unless the impossible draw happens.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I’ve cracked before the pitch. £25 4-1 first Test. £100 winnings put on England Second Test 11/4.
Just put £280 on India 2/5 which will put me back where I started unless the impossible draw happens.

You’d be gutted if there’s a tie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here