Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm going to stick my long neck on the line - England to win Euro 2012

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
my accum for first 6 games

Football Euro 2012 Poland v Greece Full Time Result 08/06/2012 17:00 Draw @ 23/10
Football Euro 2012 Russia v Czech Republic Full Time Result 08/06/2012 19:45 Russia @ 6/5
Football Euro 2012 Netherlands v Denmark Full Time Result 09/06/2012 17:00 Netherlands @ 4/7
Football Euro 2012 Germany v Portugal Full Time Result 09/06/2012 19:45 Germany @ evens
Football Euro 2012 Spain v Italy Full Time Result 10/06/2012 17:00 Spain @ 8/11
Football Euro 2012 Rep Ireland v Croatia Full Time Result 10/06/2012 19:45 Croatia @ 5/4

87/1

Unlucky with the accumulator by the way. The rest will probably come in as well. Perhaps the Dutch needed a bit of English grit & determination....

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We also hadn't won in Norway since 1966. I think Roy's experience in the region is going to be a major plus. I think we'll beat Sweden and Ukraine, and lose or draw to France
The other thing is, despite what you may have heard, we are NOT 'shit', 'rubbish', 'crap'. etc etc. Indeed there is very little in terms of ability between this team and the lot that went to the 2006 World Cup; it's just the bi-polar nature of England fans who can only deal in extremes that make us sound worse than we are. We will not lose 5-2 to France on Monday (which is what happened to Alf Ramsey in his first competitive game), we might well lose but I can still see us sneaking out of the group in second place. Then our quarter-final opponents will think "Oh good, England! Wonder who we'll play in the semi-final?" And you never know, maybe a chance to get past the Euro quarters for only the third time in our history?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
seems like the FA are not as convinced. already booked flights home the day after our 3rd game against Ukraine ???

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4364236/Roy-Hodgson-thinks-England-are-good-enough-in-spite-of-90-F-heat.html

As have every other team. You look pretty silly if you go out and are stranded there!!!

They have hotel rooms booked through to the day after the final.

Every team in the competition has the same plans.

Today is the beginning of winning the Euro's. The trophy is coming to this green and pleasant land. And I won't change my mind even if we lose today.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Lots of embarrassed faces on here. All those that said we would lose to France hang your heads in shame.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lots of embarrassed faces on here. All those that said we would lose to France hang your heads in shame.
Share the love G.
It's way to early to starting smugging posters, but at least we still have bounce potential, which is a relief.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How about we wait and see how far we get. Those who predicted a France win were ONE goal out. You've predicted England will win the tournament FFS.

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
ladbrokes odds were 475/1 and 500/1 at a 5-1 score

I'm looking forward to the tournament as a whole but ready to jump on the England bandwagon. I do fear we are going to get a hiding from the French though. I mean, like a 5-0 hiding.

So, expectations low is an understatement for me.

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
hmm

I reckon we will draw with France. People seem to think we will leak goals, which is a bit odd considering we have unquestionably one of the best keepers in the world.
Sweden - And when was that win against them? Oh yes, a few months ago. If we turn up we can beat them, otherwise another draw, don't think we'll lose.
Ukraine - Good chance they'll be out of contention by this point, they are absolutely relying on one 35-year old. Can win this one.

That's where.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We lose to France so we have to win 2 loseable games to even make it out of the group stage.

This daft idea that we might just have a chance will be quashed once France have spanked us 3-0 on Monday.

France LOSE
Sweden DRAW
Ukraine DRAW

I had England losing to France, drawing with Sweden, and beating Ukraine, finishing second. But I'm not hugely confident about it.

Failures galore!!!! :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

What really get's my goat though, is that after the game I went out happy with the result and the performance, stick 5Live on and Alan Green is giving it large on how poor England were, mainly focussing on Woy's tactics. Just because the twat was one of those with his nose stuck up Redknapps arse, he and his 5Live team are clearly going all out negative on whatever England do. I don't get what their expectations are!? Do they think we've suddenly turned into Germany or Spain and are going to tear teams like France apart? You only have to look at recent tournaments (not even at the last friggin Euro's!!) to realise this was a decent start by England, and something to be positive about.

Alan Green always has an agenda, he really is a fat Northern Irish prick who despite being in a great job, and spending his whole time studying the game knows f*** all about it.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Reckon we have a 3/4 chance of getting through the group.

Then 1/3 of beating Spain / Italy.

Then 1/3 of beating Holland / Germany.

Then 1/3 of beating Spain / Italy / Holland / Germany / France.

Makes it about 1 / 36, say 3% overall.

Was being generous to us as well.

OK, so the chances are now slightly better, but still miniscule

1/2 of beating Italy.

Then 1/3 of beating Greece / Germany.

Then 1/3 of beating Spain / Czech / Portugal / France.

So 1 in 18, or 6% being generous.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know I will be slaughtered but unlike everyone else I think we have a real chance.

The team is more together than I have ever seen them before and regardless of talent I think that is worth a lot.

Flame away!!!!! :)

Gotta love it.
You chaps and [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] have forgotten to bounce this thread. How odd. And yet you were so quick to do so after we got out of the group.

We certainly did better than I for one expected, but failed abysmally (as predicted) once we came up against one of the big boys. I'd call it a score draw between the pessimists and the optimists. We were probably the 6th or 7th best side in the tournament.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You chaps and [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] have forgotten to bounce this thread. How odd. And yet you were so quick to do so after we got out of the group.

We certainly did better than I for one expected, but failed abysmally (as predicted) once we came up against one of the big boys. I'd call it a score draw between the pessimists and the optimists. We were probably the 6th or 7th best side in the tournament.

We did much better than I expected. We could call it a success if the football we played wasn't so inept, turgid and limited.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We did much better than I expected. We could call it a success if the football we played wasn't so inept, turgid and limited.
The football wasn't inept or turgid in the first two (or even three) games at all. We were only exposed as inept, turgid and limited after the first 20 minutes last night, which is not surprising as the big 5 or 6 nations are on a completely different plane to England.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
All the while England scraped wins over Sweden and Ukraine it was plain to see they weren't playing well, giving away chances regularly, but you had to give them the benefit of the doubt as they were getting the results. They would have needed a much bigger slice of luck it beat a team better than Sweden/Ukraine though, although it was almost miraculous they made it to penalties last night.

Until they learn that's it better to keep the ball rather than let the other team have it for most the match, then they will always come up short, a long way short too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here