Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm going to stick my long neck on the line - England to win Euro 2012

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Good post. Yes I was wrong, we didn't win the tournament. But we did a lot better than many were saying in this thread.

Come on England.

I'm sorry? I haven't ONCE posted on this thread yet you decide (funnily the day after we go out) to 'mention' me?! I stay away from NSC on the whole when it's England talk as I am a supporter of my Country and don't like the attitudes. This is a fine example - a poster like you (despite i see having egg all over your face with the previous predictions of failure) trying to bask in our going out to point score. Do me a favour.

For what it's worth I thought we had a good tourno all in all with the circumstances and lack of preparation etc. To remain unbeaten having played Italy and france is very good. I admit we were second best last night but fought bravely and most importantly gave our all and stuck together. Most definately one for the 'optimists' this tourno. Funny how you and others were all 'England this, England that' until we're out. Laughable.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good post. Yes I was wrong, we didn't win the tournament. But we did a lot better than many were saying in this thread.

Come on England.
I'll take it from [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] as I wrongly thought he was gloating on this thread, but not you. You bounced this yourself with the word FAIL against anyone who thought we might struggle, the second we won against Sweden - despite the fact that result could easily have been very very different. And really, we did well to get out of the group but we didn't look remotely like winning it. Italy proved we are very much a second tier footballing nation.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I had us in the semi's, for which there was a fair few descenting voices.

On balance I'm taking the points victory.
My miss is a lot more tapered, than there chagrin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here