Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm cancelling my Argus subscription as from now

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I sent an email to the editor today (I'm sure I will not receive a reply) asking if they will print an apology to Tommy Elphick (of course they won't). I agree they need the Albion more then the Albion need them. The club should ban them.

They have every right to report the news, it is the way they went about it that is the problem. I won't buy the paper again, which won't worry them bearing in mind where I live, but I used to buy one at the ground sometimes, and if enough Albion fans stop buying the paper they might actually get the message.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I wish we could get the editor sacked, That front page is well out of order. Using the club badge as a bullet point between the names of the accused is so wrong and a picture of the Amex. They are trying to accuse the club of being involved with what has happened. If I got accused of shop lifting would they blame the company I worked for. :wanker:

I will make sure no one in my family buys this paper from now on.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Couldnt believe it when I walked into the shop this morning. Massive blue print for every player along with club crest and they even dropped bloody Bournemouth in it with cookie as well.

I shall never buy this tin pot paper again, and would urge any local companies to boycott using there advertising space.

Last edited:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I wish we could get the editor sacked, That front page is well out of order. Using the club badge as a bullet point between the names of the accused is so wrong and a picture of the Amex. They are trying to accuse the club of being involved with what has happened. If I got accused of shop lifting would they blame the company I worked for. :wanker:

I will make sure no one in my family buys this paper from now on.

This

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Already said i will no longer buy the Argus. and the part .. Exclusive by EMILY WALKER, wound me up big time as well.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Nothing to do with Naylor.

Have been tweeting with a couple of Argus employees who see nothing wrong in the front page and that it's just down to people who 'hold different views on the story and it's presentation'.

Can't see there will be anywhere bear enough people boycotting it to make much of a difference

DanielT

I'm cancelling my subscription. have wanted to take my copy up to Argus house, rip it up at the counter, but I don't think they'd care

(I'd bag it neatly up for recycling of course, or else they'd print my name as a litterer)

D

Deleted member 18477

No need for the stadium picture or club crest! A bit of Shitting on your own doorstep comes to mind!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A few prominently placed anti Argus banners for next weeks televised game wouldn't go amiss either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here