Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm cancelling my Argus subscription as from now

Danny 4

Apr 10, 2008
The names needed to be afforded to the fans.. to clear up the confusion and halt the rumour mill that would have otherwise existed. The way the Argus makes such
a sensation of events is wrong and that has been an issue in other areas its reporting in the past...hopefully all parties will be cleared.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I wonder if the the rag will be selling on the concourse next Saturday?

Of course it should be, but the best answer for those who disagree is simply not to buy it, but just walk by (without comment as the person selling it probably has nothing to do with the editorial side of things)

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I'm cancelling my male dominatrix sessions with Naylor as from now ... it's just wrong to carry on.

YOU SLAG!!!! he told me I was the only one. Cancelled anyway!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Wholly inappropriate journalism from the Argus - now that I've seen the actual front page and it's crass approach to the story, I shall be boycotting the paper as well.

Feb 14, 2010
I have not seen it and so wont comment either way except to say:-
1. Printing names seems fair enough because a free country needs a press to print what has happened.
2. If they have made an offensive front page then they have shot themselves in the foot
3. Competition for the argus would be better than a boycott
4. Andy Naylor doesn't understand the Albion and he never has. He was surprised by the demand for season tickets (I wasn't, all i had to do was remember the 70's / 80s or better still talk to my family about 30K crowds in div 3). He doesn't "get" the palace rivalry. Really? How long has he been here? He bleats on that the clubs are 35 miles apart. And? So are Liverpool / Man U, so are Leeds/Man U. Barca/ Madrid are a fair way apart but the bloke still thinks you have to be in the same city to be a rival!
5 Andy Naylor also seems to take an obvious position to cause a story and its tiresome. A paper worth reading has some idea of when you say something because it has to be said, but also does not say something just because you think it might make a splash. Otherwise the paper becomes like the kid that cried "Wolf".

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I haven't read whole thread and only just seen the cover and I have to say, it's appalling. At first glance it looks like some kind of Albion souvineer edition which apart from being unfair to the alleged perpetrators is also masively disrespectful to the alleged victim. The Argus have done themselves no favours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here