Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we LOSE on Friday.....

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
I think we are going through a bad patch, it cant get any worse, we will again this season, where better to start than at home to Hull.

I think that Mcghee will be given till the end of January to produce some points, which i think he'll get, but if by January we are a drift at the bottom and we cant buy a win, that is the time to look for some one else, not off the back of a 5-1 drubbing from promotion certs.

All down to who (if anyone) he brings to the club in January, i'd like Hendo, a Left Back and a centre midfielder. On the basis Kuipers isn't as good as Henderson for me, Mcghee clearly doesn't rate Mayo and is destroying Reids confidence by playing him there, and Hammond has fallen apart since the misses at Sheff Utd and Leicester.

Like D:Ream said Things canonly get better!!!:clap2:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I was always pro Magoo up until this season. Two wins this season is not good enough. He obviously cant coach our GLUT of strikers where the goal is.

Magoo OUT :angry: :angry: :angry:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
it cant get any worse

it did last year - lost 6 in a row

2 years before it was 12, this is just a slight blip in comparison

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I was always pro Magoo up until this season. Two wins this season is not good enough. He obviously cant coach our GLUT of strikers where the goal is.

Magoo OUT :angry: :angry: :angry:

If he was a woman would he be a SLUT FACED WHORE:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: ?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
London Irish said:
The people who are sniping at him now are exactly the same people who sniped at him the year we went up in the play-offs and when he kept us up last year - it's an unchanging cast of the usual suspects.

Not guilty, he ALWAYS had my backing in the past, but the tinkering of this season and the most unbelievable excuses have ensured that my patience is waring VERY thin.

As I said before, he gets till the end of January, if things dont improve by then, then he has to go.

Rougvie said:
Not guilty, he ALWAYS had my backing in the past, but the tinkering of this season and the most unbelievable excuses have ensured that my patience is waring VERY thin.

As I said before, he gets till the end of January, if things dont improve by then, then he has to go.

Fair enough, you are one of the few exceptions, as your changing avatars have faithfully chronicled :D

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Buffing all day stil won't shine sh*t, and that's the long and the short of it. And all a manager can really do is buff....

The club aren't exactly shit -- that's not fair to a lot of people -- but BHA in their present incarnation are a lucky and hard-working League One club, have been for three or four years, and will be for another year or two anyways.

You could have God on the touchline, the Holy Ghost scouting, and Lazarus as physio, and still finish the year at 39 points, and 23rd place.

Give my cat Max 14 million quid to spend on salaries, and he'll get you promoted....

When you share table space with teams that spend 1/3 of BHA's total wage bill just on agents' fees you're always going to be hanging on by your fingernails.

Bums-in-seats (i.e money, i.e. players)

21 Luton Town 99301
22 Millwall 96514
23 Crewe Alexandra 84275
24 Brighton & Hove Albion 72874

Table:

21 Sheffield Wednesday
22 Brighton & Hove Albion
23 Crewe Alexandra
24 Millwall

Change one, you change the other.

Last edited:

Rougvie said:

Fair enough. I don't agree with you but I guess thats the point of a message board, reasoned discussion. I think our dealings in the transfer window plus our luck with injuries will make or break our season.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Silent Bob said:
Did he? ???

Harding left of his own accord, he wasn't let go.

Watson is not good enough, and is unable to play left back despite being left footed.

Nathan Jones is hardly a Championship left back either.

Pedant!

Either way, three went out, and no real left-back came in to replace any of them. Whatever your opinions, and I happen to think that both Jones and Watson would have made us substantially stronger this season, it's hard to overlook the fact that McGhee invested heavily, probably excessively, in attack, while neglecting defence. It's hard to believe an experienced manager could so easily lose sight of the bigger picture.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
RexCathedra said:
Change one, you change the other.

That's a slightly simplistic view.

David Platt had £8 million to spend at Forest, and where did it get them? Don't get me wrong, staying up would be some achievement, but it's one I think we should be capable of. It's not like we haven't had money; it's still less than most of the other clubs, but we have had it. Where McGhee has chosen to invest it, though, is the questionable area.

Repugnant Toad said:
That's a slightly simplistic view.

David Platt had £8 million to spend at Forest, and where did it get them? Don't get me wrong, staying up would be some achievement, but it's one I think we should be capable of. It's not like we haven't had money; it's still less than most of the other clubs, but we have had it. Where McGhee has chosen to invest it, though, is the questionable area.

You still harping on about this one transfer and neglecting all the other ggod players he's brought to this club?

The manager who never makes any mistakes in the transfer market doesn't exist. It's an immature fantasy of yours.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Besides, you miss my point - it's not just that Turienzo looks like being a collossal waste of money, it's that McGhee chose to spend that money on a striker - and not even a target man at that.

I'm genuinely suprised that he didn't think a defender was a greater priority, a decision we've paid for.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
You still harping on about this one transfer and neglecting all the other ggod players he's brought to this club?

The manager who never makes any mistakes in the transfer market doesn't exist. It's an immature fantasy of yours.

His transfer record is a wee bit patchy. Yes there have been the Currie's, Reid, Carole, Frutos, Henderson, McShane and CKR will be a success.

Some like Iwelumo did a job. Benjamin was always likely to get goals.

But then there have been the fairly awfuls such as Molango, Turienzo (at present), Dolan, Yeldell, Jones (the goalie), Shabaan.

I guess with some the jury is still out, such as Dodd (who should be useful), Jarrett, Blaney and to an extent McCammon (there I said it, but I still feel I will be correct with my original statement in the long term).

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
"In a second paper (Rick Audas, Stephen Dobson, and John Goddard, (2002), “The impact of managerial change on team performance in professional sports,” Journal of Economics and Business, 54, 633-650), Audas, et al (2002) attempt to ascertain whether the removal of a manager affects the team’s performance.

They find that after correcting for mean-reversion, teams that remove a manager in mid-season following a string of poor results actually experience even worse results following the manager’s departure, leading one to question why these decisions are so frequently made."

Link

Last edited:

Uncle Buck said:
But then there have been the fairly awfuls such as Molango, Turienzo (at present), Dolan, Yeldell, Jones (the goalie), Shabaan.

Interesting you can only mainly point to a few emergency loan fill-ins, innit?

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:

What you get is the same old dialogue of the deaf, the same old cliches being repeated from season to season, and lo and behold, we've even got the "our season is over" one being resurrected in preparation for any possible setback against Hull :)

You could say the same for the pro mcghee fans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here