If we LOSE on Friday.....

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
That's about the size of it.

Chris Powell sounds like a nice idea but whether it's a realistic one, well :shrug:

All these names are well known players, whats wrong with paul mayo?

or even rahman coming back as cover?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I doubt we will sack McGhee as it would eat up the limited funds we have.

We have also been in far worse positions - let's see what happens after the Southampton game and where we are until then stay positive.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
That's about the size of it.

Chris Powell sounds like a nice idea but whether it's a realistic one, well :shrug:
He's not even at West Ham for starters. He's played 13 games for Charlton this season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
KinkyGoehring said:
All these names are well known players, whats wrong with paul mayo?

or even rahman coming back as cover?

Paul Mayo has been around the lower leagues for years I am not sure that he could make the jump rom Lincoln to Championship.

Scored a penalty against us when we lost to Lincoln a couple of years ago.

Rehman is in the first team squad at Fulham and plays occassionally. They allegedly refuse us Pearce so thay are unlikely to agree to a loan for Rehman now.

I think our best solution is an 'old timer' like Chris Powell for the remainedr of the season or a youngster from a top premisership to give him experience.

I would like Kelly of Tottenham who doesnt get much of a look in.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
dave the gaffer said:

My concern is that we play people out of position and teams exploit this...ie harty and reid. We have full backs at the club ( el abd, mayo etc ) but we do not play them in their positions. I really dont understand why

Mayo last played against Norwich and he had a mare. I would love to see the Prince return but reports from reserve games indicate he is not staking a claim, so McGhee will continue to play Reidy there.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BensGrandad said:
Paul Mayo has been around the lower leagues for years I am not sure that he could make the jump rom Lincoln to Championship.

Scored a penalty against us when we lost to Lincoln a couple of years ago.

Rehman is in the first team squad at Fulham and plays occassionally. They allegedly refuse us Pearce so thay are unlikely to agree to a loan for Rehman now.

I think our best solution is an 'old timer' like Chris Powell for the remainedr of the season or a youngster from a top premisership to give him experience.

I would like Kelly of Tottenham who doesnt get much of a look in.

Mayo was good at watford, and lets be honest he is better than having hart at right back

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He went on a free, West Ham released him.

I'm sure MM was asking Premiership clubs if they had ANYONE they were willing to loan out. It's not as easy as it sounds.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Rougvie said:
Not guilty, he ALWAYS had my backing in the past, but the tinkering of this season and the most unbelievable excuses have ensured that my patience is waring VERY thin.

People said exactly the same last season, especially during the six game losing streak.

I also think the fixture list hasn't helped where we have already played 7 out of the top ten teams away from home (and only lost one of them)
This gives a false picture of the league. On comparible fixtures we are only 1 point difference from last season.
Ok there isn't a 'Rotherham' languishing at the bottom but there are still enough clubs to make a fight of survival for us.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
London Irish said:
Contrary to what you say, I think most Albion fans back McGhee is his desire to bring in a new striker.

I don't.

If he can bring in someone who really is going to score 20 goals a year at this level, that's one thing, but how realistic is that? More likely, it'll be someone who represents a significant gamble. We have enough of them, especially when other areas of the team cry out for proper reinforcement.

As for Watto, what would have been wrong with a short-term deal? I certainly think Jones would have been better than Reid, who is a player I like a lot, but is simply gash at left-back.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
We have got some hard games comeing up in january, southampton away will probabily be a draw as both teams seem to like doing that this season, then we have leeds and sheffield united. I know we won both the corresponding fixtures last season, but i can't see us getting many points out of them 3 matchs so i feel that we HAVE to get 6 points from the hull and millwall games. Not just to get points but will stop them from getting 3 points each, and can drag hull back in to the relegation fight. We went on a good run last season over the christmas so hopefully we can get as many points on the board as possible.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Yorkie said:
This gives a false picture of the league.

Hardly. We're where we deserve to be on our performances - for every Reading, Sheffield United and Leeds, we've failed to beat Crewe, Coventry, Derby at home.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Repugnant Toad said:
Hardly. We're where we deserve to be on our performances - for every Reading, Sheffield United and Leeds, we've failed to beat Crewe, Coventry, Derby at home.

We haven't played Millwall yet but have played Palace and Reading twice.
Btw we didn't lose to the fellow relegation strugglers either.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not believe that our need is for a striker any more than it is for every other club in the championship, possibly excluding Reading. We are all looking for a 20 goal a year man.

I believe that we URGENTLY need to find a left back and a replacement for Chippy from whatever means and at whatever cost.

The money to do this must be found by any means possible, either beg, borrow or a steal it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yorkie said:
People said exactly the same last season, especially during the six game losing streak.

I also think the fixture list hasn't helped where we have already played 7 out of the top ten teams away from home (and only lost one of them)
This gives a false picture of the league. On comparible fixtures we are only 1 point difference from last season.
Ok there isn't a 'Rotherham' languishing at the bottom but there are still enough clubs to make a fight of survival for us.

How does the table give a false picture? the table cant lie. your are were you are on merit.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
BensGrandad said:
I do not believe that our need is for a striker any more than it is for every other club in the championship, possibly excluding Reading. We are all looking for a 20 goal a year man.

I believe that we URGENTLY need to find a left back and a replacement for Chippy from whatever means and at whatever cost.

The money to do this must be found by any means possible, either beg, borrow or a steal it.

Very true. Hopefully Chippy will be the replacement for Chippy, when he's back.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Repugnant Toad said:
Very true. Hopefully Chippy will be the replacement for Chippy, when he's back.

He's resumed training.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yorkie said:
He's resumed training.

Unfortunately he may take about 6/7 games before he is back to his best by which time we could be so far adrift that we will be sunk.

I think we need an experienced midfielder on loan now for 1 or 2 months until he is back.

Harry Rednap may help us out as he is obviously going to bring in more players to try to stay in the Premiership and will then have some surplus.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BensGrandad said:
Unfortunately he may take about 6/7 games before he is back to his best by which time we could be so far adrift that we will be sunk.

I think we need an experienced midfielder on loan now for 1 or 2 months until he is back.

Harry Rednap may help us out as he is obviously going to bring in more players to try to stay in the Premiership and will then have some surplus.

Todarov?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here