Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we LOSE on Friday.....

KinkyGoehring said:
You could say the same for the pro mcghee fans

Maybe, but our faith in the manager has been rewarded two seasons in a row now, so we're entitled to be f***ing SMUG :D

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I dont think he can be blamed for WHO he has bought, generally they have been OK, its the type of player he has bought.

He seems to want to buy yet ANOTHER striker when what we are actually crying out for is a creative midfielder to provide SERVICE, we bang on all day about how poor the strikers are but that really should be equally shouldered with the midfield who could in turn blame the defensive for punting the ball 200 ft in the air anytime it comes anywhere near them rendering it impossible to start decent attacking moves on the deck, that to me is when it all looks a bit back of a fag packet from McGhee.

Another striker will come at a premium when we could pick up some decent midfielders at better money, after all Jake, CKR and even Trolley deserve just a little bit more service than they are getting right now, and on their day, and more importantly with decent service are as good as the strikers of the other bottom or so 8 clubs.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Maybe, but our faith in the manager has been rewarded two seasons in a row now, so we're entitled to be f***ing SMUG :D

Funny enough most of us anti mcghee nazis are only really upset this year.
And even if you dont like it there is a growing number of people wanting to see the back of mcghee

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
KinkyGoehring said:
Nicolas as well, if i recall he begged for the funds to sign him and now doesnt play him.

It appears he doesn't try too hard and hasn't impressed in reserve games, this is only hearsay I might add, but if that's the case why should he play him? He was no better than Charlie on the brief glimpse I had of him this season.

Repugnant Toad said:
Besides, you miss my point - it's not just that Turienzo looks like being a collossal waste of money, it's that McGhee chose to spend that money on a striker - and not even a target man at that.

I'm genuinely suprised that he didn't think a defender was a greater priority, a decision we've paid for.

Reid is a good footballer. He's not in his best form at the moment but I genuinely don't feel an honest but limited trier like Nathan Jones would have done any better than he has. Has Nathan been tearing up trees for struggling Yeovil, I saw he got an own goal last week. Watson was never an option, you can't sign a player who has been near permanantly injured for 18 months, surely you can see that.

McGhee has been constantly looking for a leftback but hasn't found one. The criteria is that he has to be a better than what Reid is doing at the moment. If he'd have signed an inferior player just to get a leftback in, people like you would have been the first to get on his back for a bad signing.

Contrary to what you say, I think most Albion fans back McGhee is his desire to bring in a new striker. They can see that CKR and Jake are not quite ready yet and that Leon has never been prolific at this level of football.

KinkyGoehring said:
And even if you dont like it there is a growing number of people wanting to see the back of mcghee

Well, Rougvie has changed his avatar, I'll give you that :)

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
London Irish said:
Well, Rougvie has changed his avatar, I'll give you that :)

*SAKE* would you stop banging on about that EVERY two minutes, unlike others who go for the personal attacks on Players/Management I actually havent got ANYTHING against the bloke.

Jesus I used to chant his name for 4 seasons as a kid, including a very sodden night in Gothenburg against Real Madrid.

I just want the ROT to stop.

Rougvie said:
what we are actually crying out for is a creative midfielder to provide SERVICE,

Seb Carole IS that man.

Rougvie said:
*SAKE* would you stop banging on about that EVERY two minutes,

Sorry :)

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Silent Bob said:
Did he? ???

Harding left of his own accord, he wasn't let go.

Watson is not good enough, and is unable to play left back despite being left footed.

Nathan Jones is hardly a Championship left back either.

I do not think that anybody disputes all of that but where the problem lies is that knowing that those 3 had left why did he not seek a replacement earlier in the season or even pre season.

With Dodds recent history he wasnt going to play every game during this season.

I also believe that the problems lie deeper in that MM has brought on some of the problems with his poor use of or lack of use of substitiutes.

The final argument on this is what employer expects his workers to do a job but does not provide the neccessary equipment i.e in our case the players, to be able to do the job. It is no use saying we have no money it is the boards duty to provide the money somehow if they expect their employees to do their job properly.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
It appears he doesn't try too hard and hasn't impressed in reserve games, this is only hearsay I might add, but if that's the case why should he play him? He was no better than Charlie on the brief glimpse I had of him this season.

I think that should be taken with a pinch of salt, how annoyed would you be if you were dropped for no reason?

BensGrandad said:
I do not think that anybody disputes all of that but where the problem lies is that knowing that those 3 had left why did he not seek a replacement earlier in the season or even pre season.

He did. I can remember hearing McGhee speak at the Supporters Club AGM prior to this season beginning. He was clear then that he was looking for someone to provide competition for Mayo.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
[
I personally like Nicholas and feel that he should get a run in the side soon. Invariably he will get at least one start because Hammond is one booking away froma ban and it can't be long before he will get that - 20 mins into the game against Hull?

As MM says the man with the shirt keeps it lets see after QPR on Boxing Day or at the most Luton away on 28th Dec..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
London Irish said:
He did. I can remember hearing McGhee speak at the Supporters Club AGM prior to this season beginning. He was clear then that he was looking for someone to provide competition for Mayo.

Are you trying to tell me that at that time when there was numerous players released by their clubs of varying ages and standards he could not find ONE who was better than playing a right sided midfielder who can't kick with his left foot at left back.

What about Chris Powell at West Ham who cant get into the side because they signed Konchelsky at his age how many clubs want him but he is better than we have.

I noticed that you only picked one of the three reasons to take up on.!!!

Last edited:

BensGrandad said:
Are you trying to tell me that at that time when there was numerous players released by their clubs of varying ages and standards he could not find ONE who was better than playing a right sided midfielder who can't kick with his left foot at left back.

That's about the size of it.

Chris Powell sounds like a nice idea but whether it's a realistic one, well :shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sorry but I cant believe that there wasnt a single full back available.

The case is probably proved with Watson as MA gave him a trial at Coventry and sent him packing and he is now playing for Woking Non Contract I believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here