Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we LOSE on Friday.....

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Spiros said:
The bit I would agree with is 'the players aren't good enough'

That's the frustrating thing - I think the players are good enough, at least most of them. However, by failing to bring in players in defensive positions to fill in the glaring gaps, McGhee has made us a much weaker team than we should be.

The Turienzo thing is not only infuriating because it appears a waste of a lot of money; it's a waste of money on a player who plays in a position we don't need! McGhee has already admitted he's not a target man, but we've already got Knight and Kazim-Richards who like to drop off the front man - why did we need to spend 150k on another one who isn't slightly proven???

It's easy to say we've been unlucky when we haven't got points out of games we should have done so in, but I think the truth is more that we've been unable to because of McGhee's bizzarre antics in the transfer market.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Repugnant Toad said:
, but I think the truth is more that we've been unable to because of McGhee's bizzarre antics in the transfer market.

Currie
Henderson
CKR
Frutos
Carole
Blayney

the only ones who can be considered bizarre are Turienzo - NSC KNOW he cost 150k- the reality is we don't have a clue how much he cost. So far an unmitigated disaster though I agree

Chaigneu - well he was understudy to the current Chelsea goalkeeper at his previous so worth a punt i would have thought, not worked out but we have had 3 quality keepers lined up in front of him.

Don't think overall the signings are that bizarre given the fact that we are probably the least attractive option in the Championship, and not many recognised quality players want to come here.

How many of the above had you heard of before they turned up here????

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I'm not disputing that some of McGhee's signings have been decent ones - the point is that he has chosen to throw money at the attack, whilst virtually neglecting the defence. Even if Turienzo is a success, we've still had a situation where we've gone half the season with two midfielders playing full-back, and being endlessly exposed - and McGhee let three left-backs go in the summer!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
dwayne said:
Hull have won their last 2 games, we've won 2 all season.

That is all.

Must be our turn to win then

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A large part of the trouble IMHO is that McGhee WAS a lucky manager (nobody more gobsmacked than himself to beat Swindon in the play-off semis - take a look at his face when we won that second leg at Withdean, and listen to him pretty shamefacedly apologising to Andy King for turning over Swindon TWICE against the run of play). Luck seems to be evening itself out now tho, bigtime. And no Adam Virgo to dig him out of the hole.

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Is it just me or am I detecting a real wind of change from NSC'ers.

Oh dear Bobble Irish WONT be happy.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Repugnant Toad said:
McGhee let three left-backs go in the summer!
Did he? ???

Harding left of his own accord, he wasn't let go.

Watson is not good enough, and is unable to play left back despite being left footed.

Nathan Jones is hardly a Championship left back either.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Rougvie said:

Nothing that 3 points won't change as it becomes " we can still make the playoffs"

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Rougvie said:
Nope. It's still the same old suspects harping on. :wave:

Spiros said:
The bit I would agree with is 'the players aren't good enough' but we know we can't afford much better so McGhee has to do the best he can with what little he has available, also knowing that if we get a good offer for a decent player (a la Virgo or Currie) they will have to be sold.

The fact that McGhee kept us up last season was a seriously good piece of work. OK he doesn't get every decision right but he gets far more right than wrong. If the 'McGhee out' bandwagon gets rolling he will jump long before he is pushed and we'll be a lot worse off for it.

Agree with all that, except of course there is no "McGhee out" bandwagon at all and there won't be because most fairminded fans know the contraints the manager is working with.

The people who are sniping at him now are exactly the same people who sniped at him the year we went up in the play-offs and when he kept us up last year - it's an unchanging cast of the usual suspects.

What you get is the same old dialogue of the deaf, the same old cliches being repeated from season to season, and lo and behold, we've even got the "our season is over" one being resurrected in preparation for any possible setback against Hull :)

Silent Bob said:
Nope. It's still the same old suspects harping on. :wave:

:D

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Rougvie said:

Oddly enough, the more games we go without winning, the fewer satisified Brighton fans there will be on NSC. It isn't rocket science.

Still, if we win a couple of games over Christmas, perhaps you'll change your avatar back to the one with you acting all CHUMMY with our current promotion-winning kept-us-up-last-season manager.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:
and lo and behold, we've even got the "our season is over" one being resurrected in preparation for any possible setback against Hull :)
It's almost worth losing against Hull, just to see the OTT reaction from some of these people. The fact is, if we lose to Hull, we'll probably still be no more than 1 point from safety after the weekend matches. :D

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
managers are excellent at ruining the form of otherwise good players, likewise they can get good form from one legged paraplegic terrapins sometimes.

everyone knows the situation, its f***ing boring hearing about it, and the fact its still an excuse

my opinion is that Magoo is the worst proper manager we've had for a long time and I think if we have money to spend it would be better put to use on a decenbt manager and not a player we don't necessarily need.

sorry, I'm not a magoo out preacher per se, I just don't and never have rated him for BHA.

zefarelly said:

my opinion is that Magoo is the worst proper manager we've had for a long time

Bloody hell, what does the bloke have to do? Win the champions league? He deserves a medal for getting us into this division and keeping us here last season given the circumstances. In what way is that a failure exactly?

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
zefarelly said:
managers are excellent at ruining the form of otherwise good players, likewise they can get good form from one legged paraplegic terrapins sometimes.

everyone knows the situation, its f***ing boring hearing about it, and the fact its still an excuse

my opinion is that Magoo is the worst proper manager we've had for a long time and I think if we have money to spend it would be better put to use on a decenbt manager and not a player we don't necessarily need.

sorry, I'm not a magoo out preacher per se, I just don't and never have rated him for BHA.

You seriously think he's worse than Jimmy Case and Jeff Wood?

And you're NOT a "magoo out preacher"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here