Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we LOSE on Friday.....

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Icy Gull said:
If we lose on Friday I'm not bothering to look on here for a couple of days, wrist slashing and abuse will be rife :ohmy:

I'm gonna sit in a dark room listening to radiohead and thirteen senses.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Redhead said:
I'm gonna sit in a dark room listening to radiohead and thirteen senses.

Leonard Cohen, Dory Previn and Coldplay for me

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I think McGhee is struggling - lack of funds, poor decisions, players in wrong positions - its what he does look at millwall when he was there.

But its December and we are still in touch with safety, its hardly as bad as 3 years ago when we were 12 points behind or whatever it was. Also remember we overtook Hereford all those yeras back when we were dead and buried and in the conference in January.

Keep the Faith as the poison dwarf said

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
We've got Knight, McCammon, Robinson, CKR, McPhee and Turienzo to fill two strike spots and we're playing a right midfielder at left back.

That tells a story in itself.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Re: Re: If we LOOSE on Friday.....

The Auditor said:
There havent been that many "shit" performances....admittedly results are not satisfactory ...but at the start of the season 4th from bottom was our target and that is still achieveable
That is how I see it. I wish he hadn't spunked the El Turi money, but I'm delighted he brought in CKR, Carole and fruity, we beat Palace on a fraction of their budget and are still just a point from safety.

McGhee's tactics are often questionable but to be in this position two and a half years after he took over, having sold £2m worth of players through financial necessity is good enough for me.

I actually think we've been unlucky or careless with some of the results and that we are in a false position. Even if you disagree with me, surely McGhee's track record at this club means he deserves our backing all the while we're in with a fighting chance of staying up?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
southstandandy said:
We only need 10 or 11 wins to stay up - still 23 games to go - keep the faith !

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
southstandandy said:
We only need 10 or 11 wins to stay up - still 23 games to go - keep the faith !

We need one more point or possibly the same points and a better goal difference than 3 other teams. We are well in touch and almost on target, but it's more fun and probably easier to take the piss and dismiss the limitations we have

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Icy Gull said:
We need one more point or possibly the same points and a better goal difference than 3 other teams. We are well in touch and almost on target, but it's more fun and probably easier to take the piss and dismiss the limitations we have

wher is the smilie where it looks as though someone is sticking their tongue out?

Dont get me wrong, i am only taking the piss, however I do think this will come down to the wire. I have said many times with the players we have at the moment, we are capable of staying in this division....lets face it we have mullered sides and got nothing, ie Sheff Utd at home, and with a tad more luck we would have converted at least 5 or 6 of the draws into wins. We would then be over half way up.

My concern is that we play people out of position and teams exploit this...ie harty and reid. We have full backs at the club ( el abd, mayo etc ) but we do not play them in their positions. I really dont understand why

Re: Re: Re: If we LOOSE on Friday.....

Simster said:
surely McGhee's track record at this club means he deserves our backing all the while we're in with a fighting chance of staying up?

Exactly. Yes he has made mistakes, but all managers do. As long as we are in contention MM deserves our support purely on the back of his achievements at this club.
We will stay up.

Last edited:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
dave the gaffer said:

My concern is that we play people out of position and teams exploit this...ie harty and reid. We have full backs at the club ( el abd, mayo etc ) but we do not play them in their positions. I really dont understand why

On the surface it appears that McGhee has focussed all his attention on the strike force and attack since preseason and beyond when it was pretty much accepted by all that we also needed strengthening in central midfield and defence.

We have a strange situation whereby we can field a full team made up of forwards and wingers yet one injury in midfield or defence weakens us quite badly.

This folly looks set to continue in the new years transfer window.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
zefarelly said:
if we loose on Friday its an unacceptable run of form.

our aim must be to stay in this division.

If DK has made that clear then Magoo and the players know what needs to be achieved.

our record thus far is absolute bollocks, if we'd won a few of the draws we'd be better off,

I don't buy this 'we played well and where unlucky to loose' bollocks, thats defeatist , either the players or the management aren't good enough, or both !
The bit I would agree with is 'the players aren't good enough' but we know we can't afford much better so McGhee has to do the best he can with what little he has available, also knowing that if we get a good offer for a decent player (a la Virgo or Currie) they will have to be sold.

The fact that McGhee kept us up last season was a seriously good piece of work. OK he doesn't get every decision right but he gets far more right than wrong. If the 'McGhee out' bandwagon gets rolling he will jump long before he is pushed and we'll be a lot worse off for it.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
dave the gaffer said:

Mayo I sort of understand, complete lack of pace and abysmal distribution. In his defence he never hides and he is a left back. MM must be close to giving him a recall surely as reid has better pace and that's about it at the moment, a totally out of form player.

El Abd I like but he's a bit of a loose cannon sometimes but then so is Harty.

With the midfield misfiring and the forwards, except CKR as a sub, completely lacking in confidence and composure in front of goal we
need to find something to turn a competant and workmanlike side into one with a bit of flair in front of goal. What's happened to the crucial goals Hammond used to score?

January's signings, either loan or permanent hold the key to us staying up imo. If MM can't bully, cajole or beg the right 2 or 3 players who will stay injury free we are f***ed imo.

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hammond IMHO has gone backwards since missing those easy goals earlier in the season, but with the injuries to carpenter and the fact that MM does appear not rate Nicholas, he has had to play him.

I am not expecting players in until at least the end of jan. the expensive and good ones tend to go at the beginning of the window with the left overs going at the end.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I would be very suprised if we see anyone come in . This season I have lost count of the times my hopes have been raised that we will get another loan / permanent player in following hints by the board / manager / press
To stay up I think we will have to do it with what we've got. If we lose to Hull it won't be relagation but the writing will certainly be on the wall.
I hope we can hang in there until the last few games of the season as then anything can happen. I think by the new year we will be very much clearer as to our destiny. The key to staying up is still going to come down to home form, something we need to address starting on tomorrow.

Infernal Optimist

Aug 15, 2003
Who was our best players last season?

Currie?
Virgo?
Cullip?
Harding even? (Well OK maybe not!)

We have sold 4 of our better players, just late enough in the season to stay up. ie The last day.
We brought in about £3m

We have spent £150k on replacements (OK, probably badly). We have brought in Carole, Frutos, CKR who will probably be the next ones to be sold if decent offers come in. Anyone think Carole and Frutos are not decent replacements for Currie and Harding/Jonesy?

All three of these will show the club a profit. Hopefully, we will sign Henderson, maybe a big lump upfront and another defender.

Yes we are in the bottom three, but we are in touch. If the new signings gel we have a decent chance of staying up in a division that is better than it was last year.

Lastly, for all those who want McGhee out. Who the hell do you think will want the job?

We have made changes and found good managers several times over the last few seasons and with just the one exception DK has got it right everytime. How likely is that to continue?

If someone can identify a manager, available, willing to work with next to no budget, at a shit hole of a stadium, with the likelyhood of having to sell his best players everytime they show some ability and with supporters who expect, what a play-off challenge?

Please post all suggestions, I for one cannot wait to see them...

PS The 1st one that suggests George Burley gets a cyber dig...

:lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
withdeanwombat said:
The next 8 games?

But if we are loose on Friday some nappies or some Immodium could do the trick.

If (big if)we lose,however..........

Thanks, that saves me from correcting people!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If we LOSE on Friday..... we'll all get up on Boxing Day morning thanking baby Jesus that we can get out the house and go to football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here