Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we LOSE on Friday.....

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
My earlier post about 10 wins required from the second half of the season was'nt a piss take. We have been close on a number of occasions to winning games, and many teams find some form in the run in and get wins from seemingly impossible games. Remember Sheffield Utd away last season ?

If we can get the win against Hull, then I think with some of the following games coming up (Millwall/QPR) it's not unreasonable to think we can still win many more games in the second half of the season. Plus if MM can get the Target Man and extra defensive cover we're looking for in January, I still reckon we'll stay up.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
KinkyGoehring said:
whats the point he has followed every possible line.:jester:
We don't want to gamble on unproven players, we can't wast what little money we have, I DEMAND PROVEN QUALITY PLAYERS for PEANUTS. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Facts remain the same as when MM joined us;
1; No money for players, having to sell our better talent, a squad retaining players more of good 1st division standard than good Championship standard (which would be challenging-for-Premier-Div. standard!).

2; This team is back into the Championship by teeth-skin, and have stayed there by the same margin.

3; A few new players in, for practically no dosh - to replace a couple of our better players. These have to get fit, fit in, and get better. A couple of our squad we hoped for more out of, which hasn't transpired...yet.

4; Though surviving the costs of inquiries and petitioning for Falmer, and though we got approved, it isn't over yet - plus we haven't been able to strengthen the team since getting that approval.

5; Many fans expect miracles, and have high expectations. Some give the opposite of support, and question McGhee and the team's worthiness. We need these fans to be replaced with better supporters.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
NMH said:
Facts remain the same as when MM joined us;
1; No money for players, having to sell our better talent, a squad retaining players more of good 1st division standard than good Championship standard (which would be challenging-for-Premier-Div. standard!).

2; This team is back into the Championship by teeth-skin, and have stayed there by the same margin.

3; A few new players in, for practically no dosh - to replace a couple of our better players. These have to get fit, fit in, and get better. A couple of our squad we hoped for more out of, which hasn't transpired...yet.

4; Though surviving the costs of inquiries and petitioning for Falmer, and though we got approved, it isn't over yet - plus we haven't been able to strengthen the team since getting that approval.

5; Many fans expect miracles, and have high expectations. Some give the opposite of support, and question McGhee and the team's worthiness. We need these fans to be replaced with better supporters.

:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
southstandandy said:
My earlier post about 10 wins required from the second half of the season was'nt a piss take. We have been close on a number of occasions to winning games, and many teams find some form in the run in and get wins from seemingly impossible games. Remember Sheffield Utd away last season ?

If we can get the win against Hull, then I think with some of the following games coming up (Millwall/QPR) it's not unreasonable to think we can still win many more games in the second half of the season. Plus if MM can get the Target Man and extra defensive cover we're looking for in January, I still reckon we'll stay up.
We are NOT going to win nearly half of our remaining games, thats just clearly not going to happen. Forget it. The way its going, we won't even need to anyway. Its quite amazing that with only 2 wins on the board all season, we arn't already dead and buried. Fortunately for us, there are a batch of teams who are also absolute PONY, so as long as that continues, we won't need a dramatic upturn in form. Forget setting specific points targets - out aim just has to be to stay in touch with 21st place, and be in with a chance of overhauling it in the run-in. If we need a win on the final day to stay up, I'd take that right now.

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
You seriously think he's worse than Jimmy Case and Jeff Wood?

And you're NOT a "magoo out preacher"?

no not at all, I was referring to Adams, Taylor and Mr VD Copout . I don't think reference to anyone else or prior to our residency at Withdean is relevant to give him credit.

I don't expect him to do do any more than keep us in the division, although I would appreciate a little more

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
BensGrandad said:
I believe that we URGENTLY need to find a left back and a replacement for Chippy from whatever means and at whatever cost.

The money to do this must be found by any means possible, either beg, borrow or a steal it.
Get real - we have the lowest crowds in the division and therefore the lowest income. McGhee has to rely on the youth team, bargains and 'ones for the future' because WE HAVEN'T GOT ANY MONEY

Micky Adams has more at his disposal at Coventry and yet is faring little better than we are. Peter Taylor is only 5 points better off at Hull - the same club that have a spanking new big stadium and far more money than we have. If either of thiese revered former managers - and I was a big fan of both - were at Withdean last season we'd be in league one now

McGhee represents our best chance of staying up in our current situation.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Spiros said:
Get real - we have the lowest crowds in the division and therefore the lowest income. McGhee has to rely on the youth team, bargains and 'ones for the future' because WE HAVEN'T GOT ANY MONEY

Micky Adams has more at his disposal at Coventry and yet is faring little better than we are. Peter Taylor is only 5 points better off at Hull - the same club that have a spanking new big stadium and far more money than we have. If either of thiese revered former managers - and I was a big fan of both - were at Withdean last season we'd be in league one now

McGhee represents our best chance of staying up in our current situation.

For 150k you could have got a left back

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
KinkyGoehring said:
Who exactly? First you have to find someone better than we already have. Then you have to persuade him to accept peanuts to play in one of the worst grounds in the country. The only decent left back I've seen mentioned is Chris Powell and anyone who thinks he'd come anywhere near playing for us is dreaming, even if we could afford the wages of a recent England international

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
KinkyGoehring said:

For the umpeenth time point me in the direction of any CREDIBLE proof that it was £150k :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here