Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If it rains and I sit near the front will I get wet? For crying out bloody loud...

D

Deleted User X18H

.... what will they ask next?

If its too dark after evening games will someone walk me to the station?

If I drink to much beer or fizzy pop will someone burp me?

If I hurt my penis will someone rub it better?

SOMEONE HAS JUST SPENT ALMOST A 100 MILLION POUNDS STERLING ON A NEW STADIUM FOR US. JEEZ:angry:

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Dont give a shyte how much the stadium cost. When i went to the hut to buy my season ticket the women guaranteed i wouldnt get wet sitting in row H in the WSL. It turns out i am. Its absolute bollox, i was happy to sit anywhere in the WSL but went on her reccommendations. Now ill be getting wet like the previous 6 years ive spent at the Withdean. Absolute Joke

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
.... what will they ask next?

If its too dark after evening games will someone walk me to the station?

If I drink to much beer or fizzy pop will someone burp me?

If I hurt my penis will someone rub it better?

SOMEONE HAS JUST SPENT ALMOST A 100 MILLION POUNDS STERLING ON A NEW STADIUM FOR US. JEEZ:angry:

That made me giggle

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Don't worry Tim, the rain won't bother, people already think you're a bit of a (ahem) drip.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dont give a shyte how much the stadium cost. When i went to the hut to buy my season ticket the women guaranteed i wouldnt get wet sitting in row H in the WSL. It turns out i am. Its absolute bollox, i was happy to sit anywhere in the WSL but went on her reccommendations. Now ill be getting wet like the previous 6 years ive spent at the Withdean. Absolute Joke

Have you SEEN how high the roof is ?
Did it not occur to you that being 8 rows from the front, there is a fair chance (if the wind is blowing towards you) that you might still catch a few spots ?

Christ up a stick, some people really can moan for England.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

1290549983_10.jpg

:lolol: :lolol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

And at what point did you actually think a member of staff would be able to control the way the wind and rain blew ? :dunce:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Ah diddums

Take a f***ing COAT and MAN UP

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Are you bloody SPECIAL or SUMMINK?

I've read some serious bollocks on here over the years.

This is by far and away the winner, and it had serious competition.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
So how exactly is that rediculous. You ask someone who works for club to pick you a seat where im not going to get wet. They tell you, this is a seat where you wont get wet. So i go with that. She works for the club and its her job to advise these sort of things. Yet because im going to get wet its my fault because i took her advice. You silly bunch of mugs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So how exactly is that rediculous. You ask someone who works for club to pick you a seat where im not going to get wet. They tell you, this is a seat where you wont get wet. So i go with that. She works for the club and its her job to advise these sort of things. Yet because im going to get wet its my fault because i took her advice. You silly bunch of mugs.
Because you haven't looked at the seat you were given and thought "But that's only 8 rows from the front. What if she's wrong? I best play safe and move a handful of rows further back seeing as not being rained on is so important to me"

Tremendous stuff, this.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Im sitting in row H and was assured by the women in the hut who sold me my ticket theres NO way i would be getting wet. After fridays downpour im worried. However if the roof as some have said isnt yet completely finished this could solve the mystery

amex-stadium.jpg

In fairness, you can quite clearly see from this pic that the roof is barely finished - there's still a bloody great hole in the middle.
Are they filling it all in, or is it going to be retractable ? I can't recall. No wonder people are confused.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would guess that the only place guaranteed to stay dry is WSU, even then they may get a bit wet wind and size of raindrop dependent.

And the fact that there has been a web cam for all winter would give you a fair idea of what gets wet and what doesn't.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

To be fair to her, you won't get wet

when it's not raining !

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Because you haven't looked at the seat you were given and thought "But that's only 8 rows from the front. What if she's wrong? I best play safe and move a handful of rows further back seeing as not being rained on is so important to me"

Tremendous stuff, this.

So whats the point in her saying, you definitely wont get wet if you sit here. Hindsight is a fantastic thing but if a reprasentative of my club who's job is to best advise people where to sit and what viewing experience they will get and where tells me im not going to get wet why would i not believe her. Thats her job ffs
Cant believe im getting shit for suggesting shes the one whos fuc*ed up and i shouldnt of believed her. Blinding

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

You HONESTLY believed the club have created a system upon which they could accurately determine the EXACT seat where the rain would not reach? HONESTLY?

HONESTLY!?

D

Deleted User X18H

So whats the point in her saying, you definitely wont get wet if you sit here. Hindsight is a fantastic thing but if a reprasentative of my club who's job is to best advise people where to sit and what viewing experience they will get and where tells me im not going to get wet why would i not believe her. Thats her job ffs
Cant believe im getting shit for suggesting shes the one whos fuc*ed up and i shouldnt of believed her. Blinding

I think it's firstly for asking a ridiculous question on ATC and secondly because you're from Lancing. But......its close.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here