Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If it rains and I sit near the front will I get wet? For crying out bloody loud...

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
f*** me!! What a total retarted question that is!

If it raining you will presumably get wet walking to and from the game?

And how often are you going to be sitting there when its raining and the wind is blowing in your direction?

Next you'll be moaning that your not sitting in the sunshine for the end of season games!

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
She shouldn't have recommended that seat if you wanted to stay dry but surely a little bit of common sense would tell you you're gonna get wet anywhere in the lower half on a windy day

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
I'm sitting at the back of WSU but like getting wet so does anyone want to swap seats so i can?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
So how exactly is that rediculous. You ask someone who works for club to pick you a seat where im not going to get wet. They tell you, this is a seat where you wont get wet. So i go with that. She works for the club and its her job to advise these sort of things. Yet because im going to get wet its my fault because i took her advice. You silly bunch of mugs.

To be fair mate, YOU are the one being ridiculous here.

You realise that you might get wet if you sit 8 rows back from the front and instead of phoning/e mailing the club to see if they can sort it out, you come on to an internet messageboard and mouth off, implying that you have to be told by someone else that if it rains you will get wet.

Brilliant.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So whats the point in her saying, you definitely wont get wet if you sit here. Hindsight is a fantastic thing but if a reprasentative of my club who's job is to best advise people where to sit and what viewing experience they will get and where tells me im not going to get wet why would i not believe her. Thats her job ffs
Cant believe im getting shit for suggesting shes the one whos fuc*ed up and i shouldnt of believed her. Blinding

I bet you believe those people that knock on your door every few years asking for your vote as well :facepalm: In fairness, if you were given bum information why don't you just ask to move ? It would be a whole lot easier than getting ripped to shreds on here !

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
water_on_road.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
40.gif

"Although happy with the three points, Coleby1007 was somewhat underwhelmed by the experience on his first day at the Amex".

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Did it not occur to you that this woman was a salesperson so would be inclined to tell you what you want to hear?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Coleby1007: I want a seat where I won't get wet when it rains.

Woman: Certainly sir. If you wouldn't mind just standing on that street corner over there, I'll come and get you in a minute. I promise you, you won't get wet while waiting for service, as the chance of a black Audi driving past and into that f***ing massive puddle is almost ZERO.

Five mins later...

car-shower.jpg
:thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

this is a Rain's Eye View, with an attack vector from NNW. other cunning attack might come from NE, which will expose even more of the West Stand to the rain's heinous wet. Really on reflection the club where quite negligent to not provide seat by seat analysis on the probability of rain coverage.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Everyone seems to be missing the correct answer!

When the original planning application was put in, we asked for only vertical rain. Prescott bollocksed it, and LDC and Falmer PC managed to sneak in a clause allowing slanting rain, the bar stewards...

So we know where the blame lies...

Boo! Hiss!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Dont give a shyte how much the stadium cost. When i went to the hut to buy my season ticket the women guaranteed i wouldnt get wet sitting in row H in the WSL. It turns out i am. Its absolute bollox, i was happy to sit anywhere in the WSL but went on her reccommendations. Now ill be getting wet like the previous 6 years ive spent at the Withdean. Absolute Joke

So you just blindly accepted the advice of some DORIS who works in the ticket office. Sorry but it's your own fault, you need to use your own brain in life.

If you asked the architect who designed the roof or someone with a good knowledge or wind and rain patterns in the area I'd say you had a very small point, but you asked a lady who works in an office.

Every time you get soaked next season think back to this moment and let it be a reminder of how it's up to YOU to find things out for yourself.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Can I just say, I'm glad I'm not going to be sat next to him for a whole season. Just imagine the incessant moaning about EVERYTHING.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't even think you'll get wet much - it will have to be a very certain angle - prob 1 in 4 chance of getting wet if it does actually rain isn't there? I'm no Michael Fish though...

PS - Ridiculous thread :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here