Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If it rains and I sit near the front will I get wet? For crying out bloody loud...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
How does anyone know yet, where they will sit will be wet or not?

Has there been an experimental event held there in a rainstorm? I don't get it. ???

Have you not heard about "ramp up for rain" event. It's the reason we had to give our mobile number to the club. At some time in June as soon as it starts to rain the club will send out a text and anybody in the area flash mob style will go to the ground and sit in their seats to see who gets wet

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I think Colby has raised a very important issue, however, since rain most typically arrives on the prevailing Sour-westerly, them feckers in the East stand are the ones that need to keep their ponchos handy - probably as far back as row J in a force 6, row M in force 7, Q in force 8 & T in force 9. If we get a force 10, we'll be all be wet as the fecking roof will be off ....

This to be known as the AmexBeaufort scale for poncho indication.

Perhaps we should ATC will umbrellas be permitted in rows A-H ?

garethlewes

Nov 9, 2010
amex-stadium.jpg

In fairness, you can quite clearly see from this pic that the roof is barely finished - there's still a bloody great hole in the middle.
Are they filling it all in, or is it going to be retractable ? I can't recall. No wonder people are confused.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Made be laugh, USE COMMON SENSE PEOPLE, also how many times in the season is it going to rain anyway, there is all the hot days in August and September and then the hot days start again in march.Sso really 5 months and say every other weekend for games thats 10 games and its not 100% guaranteed to rain.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
:) Ha Ha, made my morning reading this. I thought there would be a few replies and i wasnt dissapointed.

Wind your neck in

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
there is all the hot days in August and September and then the hot days start again in march.Sso really 5 months and say every other weekend for games thats 10 games and its not 100% guaranteed to rain.
Will those in the East stand put in complaints that they are sunburnt because they weren't warned to take suncream?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Will those in the East stand put in complaints that they are sunburnt because they weren't warned to take suncream?

I have very delicate skin and too much sun might burn my face sitting in the east stand. I wasn't told about this when I bought my seat, its an outrage that the sun should shine during daylight hours when I am trying to watch football. Actually I am in row Q so I might even get wet at the same time. I have no idea how I will possibly cope with this. Add to that the fact they will expect me to wear a coat to keep warm in winter rather than heating my seating area for me I am just not happy and considering not going to this new shambles of a stadium.

c-c-c-sider

Feb 25, 2011
Southwick
Well I just hope that when people chose seats either side of the goals they were warned they may get hit by the ball??? Lol

I would hate to think that people would have to guess what happens in a football stadium

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing

WOW your really are a massive Cun,t arent you. Continually giving it the big man around campus sitting behind your keyboard. Lets have it straight shall we I bought 2 season tickets one for me and one for my Grandad, an 82 year old man who has been following the Albion long before your mum was wiping the sh1t from you balls. He has the eyesight of a mole and is pretty frail and weak. So thats why i asked for some advice on how close to sit, so that he has the best view while not sitting in the pissing rain. Its fine for me to sit in the rain but its more of a risk for my 82 year old grandad to do it. Hence me being pi55ed off that he has now signed up for the most expensive ticket in the stadium and he is still not guaranteed staying dry upon the reccomendation of someone at the club. The fact is shes not a salewoman as everyone going in there is to buy their tickets, she doesnt have to sell the stadium to us.

Yes some of the replys have been pretty funny and ive had a good laugh as myself, im not too bothered about getting wet and have done for the past 6 years, plus its all abit of a joke but you sir are just a complete prick.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Dont give a shyte how much the stadium cost. When i went to the hut to buy my season ticket the women guaranteed i wouldnt get wet sitting in row H in the WSL. It turns out i am. Its absolute bollox, i was happy to sit anywhere in the WSL but went on her reccommendations. Now ill be getting wet like the previous 6 years ive spent at the Withdean. Absolute Joke

Jesus christ, if you don't like it then f*** Off!

WOW your really are a massive Cun,t arent you. Continually giving it the big man around campus sitting behind your keyboard. Lets have it straight shall we I bought 2 season tickets one for me and one for my Grandad, an 82 year old man who has been following the Albion long before your mum was wiping the sh1t from you balls. He has the eyesight of a mole and is pretty frail and weak. So thats why i asked for some advice on how close to sit, so that he has the best view while not sitting in the pissing rain. Its fine for me to sit in the rain but its more of a risk for my 82 year old grandad to do it. Hence me being pi55ed off that he has now signed up for the most expensive ticket in the stadium and he is still not guaranteed staying dry upon the reccomendation of someone at the club. The fact is shes not a salewoman as everyone going in there is to buy their tickets, she doesnt have to sell the stadium to us.

Yes some of the replys have been pretty funny and ive had a good laugh as myself, im not too bothered about getting wet and have done for the past 6 years, plus its all abit of a joke but you sir are just a complete prick.

Will your 82 year old Grandad be drinking with you untill 11 then off to Oceana or will you leave him sat in the rain?

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Will your 82 year old Grandad be drinking with you untill 11 then off to Oceana or will you leave him sat in the rain?

:) He lives in Falmer, He probably would be up for it if hes not too wet

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I`ve just been informed that as the WSU is built upon the Eurasian teutonic plate and there is a chance that if it were to collide through the Oceanic crust with the Mid-Atlantic Ridge northwards to the Gakkel Ridge that there could be a earthquake of magnitude 7 and upwards on the Richter scale.

I would have never gone for the TOP TIER if I had known this but sat in the WS lower or even the East stand.

No one told me any of THIS at the presentation.

I`ve just been informed that as the WSU is built upon the Eurasian teutonic plate and there is a chance that if it were to collide through the Oceanic crust with the Mid-Atlantic Ridge northwards to the Gakkel Ridge that there could be a earthquake of magnitude 7 and upwards on the Richter scale.

I would have never gone for the TOP TIER if I had known this but sat in the WS lower or even the East stand.

No one told me any of THIS at the presentation.

and has anyone told us how we will be protected from the oncoming tsunami.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here