Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If a teacher fiddled with your kid?

What would you do if a teacher fiddled with your kid?

• Forgive and forget. Everyone makes mistakes and deserves a fresh start.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Strongly worded letter to the PTA.

Votes: 15 83.3%

• Total voters

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Maybe ignorant to you Les but as i've allready pointed out when you have kids of your own you might just see things in a different light.

What? By having kids I will suddenly become a reactionary who makes crass generalisations about a whole profession. I imagine a fair amount of people on here with kids will find your views ignorant.

Out of interest what is your profession?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I could'nt find any so I popped down to co-op instead, I agree with you about the narrow mindedness so maybe now your back you can re-educate Les a bit?

Yes re-educate me so as I to can see in a reactionary, myopic manner.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
What? By having kids I will suddenly become a reactionary who makes crass generalisations about a whole profession. I imagine a fair amount of people on here with kids will find your views ignorant.

Out of interest what is your profession?

I'm a railway signalman whats your's?

By having kids Les you have to open your mind to a lot of things in life and that also includes schooling. I'm sure you probably think of me as the type of parent who goes barging into schools shouting my mouth off but in reality you could'nt be further from the truth.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I'm a railway signalman whats your's?

By having kids Les you have to open your mind to a lot of things in life and that also includes schooling. I'm sure you probably think of me as the type of parent who goes barging into schools shouting my mouth off but in reality you could'nt be further from the truth.

Signalmen, they're all well lazy. Everytime I get a train it's delayed because of a signal failure.

Being aware of things doesn't make you open minded.

I'm an admin assistant. However come 2 weeks I will also be a student as well. Fill your boots.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I see no need to re-educate Les as I agree with his standpoint. I know many teachers and I can honestly say that they listen to parents objectively and try to help them as much as they can. However as a signalman I am sure you know more about signal operation than passengers just as teachers know more about educating children schoolasticaly than parents do.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Signalmen, they're all well lazy. Everytime I get a train it's delayed because of a signal failure.

Being aware of things doesn't make you open minded.

I'm an admin assistant. However come 2 weeks I will also be a student as well. Fill your boots.

You forgot leaves on the line, wrong kind of snow and stale BR sandwiches as well Les! And on the subject of ignorance if you knew anything about my job you'd know that the main reason we have signalmen is to stop trains.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I see no need to re-educate Les as I agree with his standpoint. I know many teachers and I can honestly say that they listen to parents objectively and try to help them as much as they can. However as a signalman I am sure you know more about signal operation than passengers just as teachers know more about educating children schoolasticaly than parents do.

And I know my kids better than any teacher ever will do but it does'nt stop them trying to tell me otherwise!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
You forgot leaves on the line, wrong kind of snow and stale BR sandwiches as well Les! And on the subject of ignorance if you knew anything about my job you'd know that the main reason we have signalmen is to stop trains.

And there you go, my assumptions prove wrong because I have never been a signalman and don't know any.

However you seem to presume to know how a whole profession acts without having been a teacher or having worked with any.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
And I know my kids better than any teacher ever will do but it does'nt stop them trying to tell me otherwise!

I'm sure you do know your kids very well but kids behave very differantly around other people and a teacher has to consider 20-30 other kids when teaching a class whereas parents usually just deal with 2 or 3. Sometimes just because people do not like what the teacher is telling them about their chlidren it doesn't make it untrue.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm sure you do know your kids very well but kids behave very differantly around other people and a teacher has to consider 20-30 other kids when teaching a class whereas parents usually just deal with 2 or 3. Sometimes just because people do not like what the teacher is telling them about their chlidren it doesn't make it untrue.

I do know my kids will behave differently around other people and I do know they're not little angels and when they are in trouble at school they are in trouble with me as well. But going back to the origional point, if I do my bit as a parent in admitting my kid has done something wrong and punishing them then why cant the teachers have the balls to admit when they have made mistakes? And believe me they do make mistakes just like the rest of us.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I do know my kids will behave differently around other people and I do know they're not little angels and when they are in trouble at school they are in trouble with me as well. But going back to the origional point, if I do my bit as a parent in admitting my kid has done something wrong and punishing them then why cant the teachers have the balls to admit when they have made mistakes? And believe me they do make mistakes just like the rest of us.

I am sure that teachers make mistakes but what kind of mistakes are you referring to? The kind of mistakes that result in an accident or serious consequences are extremely rare because the teachers ar so well supported and risk asessments etc are carried out. Also many teachers are aware of the consequences of these kind of mistakes and do their damndest to avoid them. When these mistakes occur teachers will usually have to hold their hands up.

If you mean mistakes as in thinking one child has misbehaved when in fact it was another then these mistakes are even rarer because a teacher gets to know the children over the course of their time in their class and constantly watch the class like a hawk. A teacher is very unlikely to accuse a child of something if they are unsure of the culprit.

Really teachers are very good at what they do and a lot more mindful than you think. They have usually spent years teaching large classes and become very aware of what to look out for. I am sure there are a few bad eggs out there as in any profession but again, most teachers have your childs' interests at heart.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005

What sort of mistakes?

Last week one of the kids in my Mum's class punched her and then said you can't touch me or I will get you done. Now if she makes a minor mistake is it better to admit it and have her authority undermined when she has to already deal with shite like this or just gloss over it?

I can understand where you're coming from but think about it from the other side. Teachers are in a precarious position and yet they are judged by such high standards.

Also I know both my parents have apologised to pupils they may have told off wrongly and I also had 2 teachers apologise to me at school when I was told off wrongly.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Right i'm back now, I had to switch user accounts so little bulldog could check on some of his school work, Did'nt seem right saying no and i'd hate to be the kind of parent who stands in the way of his sons education! Now where were we? Oh yeah i've got a problem with authority.

On the contrary nibble, I spend my working life in a position of authority it's just the people who abuse they're authority or those that just hide behind they're job title's that I have a problem with. If you've got the balls to work in a position on authority then you should have the balls to admit when you've got it wrong.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Right fella's lets talk about a teacher mistake that springs to mind, my son gets banned from school trips for being un-safe, his crime? he was a twat and undone his seat belt on a coach to stand up and show off in front of his mates! silly mistake when his dad works in transport safety because he knows how serious i take it. Teacher then starts telling me how brave she was taking her own seat belt off while she went to the rear of the coach to try and drag my son down to a seat at the front of the coach. He's allready been shouted at and is sat down belted up again when the teacher shouts at him again to undo his seat belt and walk down a moving coach to another seat. Obviously the cheaky little fucker refused to move because he'd allready been told it was unsafe. I tried to point out the error of the teachers way but they would'nt have it that the teacher done anything wrong!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ok. I think I get the story. Why did the teacher ask him to move to another seat. To keep a better eye on him?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
So you mean a teacher had to make a split decision between leave disruptive kid who may cause more safety issues out of their sight or bring him closer to where they can see him momentarily putting him in a slightly unsafe position. All this while also keeping an eye on a coach full of kids?

Well gezz, I can't think why the school backed her up.

Imagine if they had left him there and he took his belt off again and caused himself an injury. You would probably say the teacher should have moved him to where they can see him.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Ok. I think I get the story. Why did the teacher ask him to move to another seat. To keep a better eye on him?

You hav'nt quite got the hang of this have you Nibble? The moral of the story is if you bollock a kid for doing something unsafe then why a couple of minute's later bollock them for refusing to do the same thing that they were in trouble for in the first place? Not to mention the fact that the teacher would've put herself in a position of risk which goes against her own work safety policy.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I am making a move now but I have to say that the teacher seems to have done what she knew to be right for the rest of the kids on the coach on that one. Anyway, Im sure this will rage on but I must adjourn and start my weekend. Buckle up kids, its rough out there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here