Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If a teacher fiddled with your kid?

What would you do if a teacher fiddled with your kid?

• Forgive and forget. Everyone makes mistakes and deserves a fresh start.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Strongly worded letter to the PTA.

Votes: 15 83.3%

• Total voters

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
This is the trouble, people see themselves as the bosses of their childrens teachers rather than seeing the teachers as providing them with a service.

Imagine having 30 odd people who think their your boss as well as your actual bosses.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You hav'nt quite got the hang of this have you Nibble? The moral of the story is if you bollock a kid for doing something unsafe then why a couple of minute's later bollock them for refusing to do the same thing that they were in trouble for in the first place? Not to mention the fact that the teacher would've put herself in a position of risk which goes against her own work safety policy.

But getting a child to move supervised down the aisle to another seat is safer than risking them standing on seats again. I have to go, see ya all laters

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
So you mean a teacher had to make a split decision between leave disruptive kid who may cause more safety issues out of their sight or bring him closer to where they can see him momentarily putting him in a slightly unsafe position. All this while also keeping an eye on a coach full of kids?

Well gezz, I can't think why the school backed her up.

Imagine if they had left him there and he took his belt off again and caused himself an injury. You would probably say the teacher should have moved him to where they can see him.

I can see where your coming from Les but it's a bit stupid throwing words like un-safe at me and then telling me they acted in a very un-safe manner themselves. That does'nt mean I excused what my son done though because i did'nt.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I admit the school should have said it was difficult situation but not necessarily apologised.

Think about this, if you read about a boy injuring himself on a school trip because he was moving down the coach because he was disruptive enough for his teachers to feel it necessary to move him you like most people would probably say what an idiot he was.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Right fella's lets talk about a teacher mistake that springs to mind, my son gets banned from school trips for being un-safe, his crime? he was a twat and undone his seat belt on a coach to stand up and show off in front of his mates! silly mistake when his dad works in transport safety because he knows how serious i take it. Teacher then starts telling me how brave she was taking her own seat belt off while she went to the rear of the coach to try and drag my son down to a seat at the front of the coach. He's allready been shouted at and is sat down belted up again when the teacher shouts at him again to undo his seat belt and walk down a moving coach to another seat. Obviously the cheaky little fucker refused to move because he'd allready been told it was unsafe. I tried to point out the error of the teachers way but they would'nt have it that the teacher done anything wrong!
The only "obvious" point being made is that your "cheeky little fucker" refused to move a second time because he was going to be moved nearer the teacher and away from his mates!

Whatever you opinions on the teacher's actions, I hope you didn't make it obvious to your son. Because that teacher needs to be able to exerting her authority on your son, and you'd be undermining it if you did IMO.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The only "obvious" point being made is that your "cheeky little fucker" refused to move a second time because he was going to be moved nearer the teacher and away from his mates!

Whatever you opinions on the teacher's actions, I hope you didn't make it obvious to your son. Because that teacher needs to be able to exerting her authority on your son, and you'd be undermining it if you did IMO.

I know exactly what he was up to Simster I am his dad after all. ( I hope!!) And yeah it was spoken about after he had left the room.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
this was quite a funny thread until Bulldog joined in to be an uber patronising twat

then again, who am i to comment, I imagine he got a degree from the UNIVERSITY OF HARD KNOCKS, a BA hons in REAL LIFE

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
this was quite a funny thread until Bulldog joined in to be an uber patronising twat

then again, who am i to comment, I imagine he got a degree from the UNIVERSITY OF HARD KNOCKS, a BA hons in REAL LIFE

Well I did say I was bored today!

DC Rules

Could It Be Forever?
Sep 19, 2006
If you had a problem at your child's school, then you need to write the Governors not the PTA. The PTA are a group comprising mainly of parents, that are involved with fund raising, organising events etc. They have absolutely no say over the way the school is run. Those sort of issues are dealt with by the Governing Body.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm a railway signalman whats your's?

By having kids Les you have to open your mind to a lot of things in life and that also includes schooling. I'm sure you probably think of me as the type of parent who goes barging into schools shouting my mouth off but in reality you could'nt be further from the truth.

He`s not likely to have kids now is he.:safeway2:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I taught for a long and wearisome number of years until retirement,and finished relatively high in the profession.In that time I saw teachers who were so good I wished I could be like them.Many people felt I was a good teacher,and I hope I was.

Sadly,I came across quite a few teachers who should have been drummed out,but as I said earlier in the day,it is very hard to get rid of a poor teacher.Often,the only hope is to place them where they can do least damage,and of course parents cannot be appraised of such situations.

So when teachers are,shall we say,sussed,it is hard to get them out,that is unless they have broken the law,and their institutions will close ranks to protect themselves.No head wants it known that there is a dud in his school doing damage to pupils/students.

And do not forget that teachers stand in loco parentis,which means that their actions should reflect those of the parent.It is a position of trust and authority which,sadly,does get abused from time to time.

All I want as a parent is to have any such mistakes rectified,apology made,and any teacher involved directed to a career they can cope with.

Tell me all your teachers were excellent.Thought not.

And my views are personal,and reflect the damage done to one of my children who needed medical attention and counselling after being bullied at school by a teacher who is still in situ.Not a lot of loco parentis there,Les.Nibble and others.

Most schools are brilliant and do a good job often in difficult circumstances,and that is because most teachers are caring and extremely hard working.But even the most apologist of teachers works in the knowledge that there are some in post who would be happier and better suited in an easier job.

Rant ends.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here