Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I know why Cox was dropped

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I think Coxy can be his own worst enemy. He's been involved with the Albion since he was 8 years old, and now obviously feels part of the woodwork, which isn't entirely his fault. He comes across as sulky when he's not doing well and rather cocky when he's on form. A little bit of maturity is needed for him to realise his full potential. I hope he can achieve it before he slips into the 'Leon Knight' permanent attitude. He's been given a lot of support even during his poorer spells and he needs to start appreciating it. I hope he does.

Well summed up.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Apparently Cox and either Fraser or Elphick had a argument (with a few punches) after the Forest game.

Wilkins had them both in, Cox refused to apologise, so Wilkins dropped him.

Fact....or rumour.....?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Probably Fraser, if that's the case, seeing as Elphick is injured and unlikely to have been around after the Forest game. It wouldn't be the first time he's had a fight and shown a shocking attitude. Why doesn't he get some Leon Knight treatment? Oh yes, of course, it's because he's from Brighton and showed some good form over a year ago.
Because he works hard?
Because he makes tackles?
Because he has "passion"?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
And those things are a satisfactory substitute for skill and goals, not forgetting attitude, are they?
Well Leon Knight's perceived attitude problem was that he did none of those things on the pitch. In truth his disruptive behaviour off it was far worse.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Cox shows a shit attitude, not for the first time
What shit attitude has he shown?

And when has he before?

All you know is that he's been left out of one game for disciplinary reasons. Not what he has done. The accusation of having shown a bad attitude before is frankly baffling.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
He is one of the gems in the team and a potential matchwinner.

Sure, he seems to have an inflated ego but Wilkins, who has known him for years, should know when to bring him down & when to build him up.

Wilkins say's the matter is now closed. Cox lost his place & the team did fine without him, no one is bigger than the team.

If coxy learns and fights for his place back then we will have all benefitted.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
What an idiot. I know we don't know what he's done, but the boy needs to grow up.

"I know we don't know what he's done but I'm going to judge him regardless of the lack of facts or evidence. BURN HIM :flameboun"

:lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It does appear Coxy does like to give it the large I am. I hve a good source he was in Haywards Heath and went into his local and some lads were sitting where he likes to sit, Coxy strolls up and tells them to move and say " do you know who I am ? ", obviously they said no to which he replied I play for Brighton and they said so fecking what.

Also the abuse before the game last season was down to him larging it in Town a few days before.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have seen him in the bars in Haywards Heath on a Friday night on more than one occasion.

Not very often on a Friday night as every other week they are away in a hotel. He is usually about up to Wednesday nights but you will not see him in HH very much any evening after that.

Why cant people just leave him alone, he is young, well known bound to be popular with the local girls.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
After the Forest game he was on his way to the Players' Lounge (ie The Sportsman) and was approached by a steward and asked to sign a couple of autographs for a few (like 3 or 4) kids who were waiting with their parents. Cox didn't break stride and said something like "not today, I don't have time" and continued into The Sportsman.

I know this made it back to Wilkins. It would seem harsh if this was the sole reason for him not playing, but it may be a contributing factor.

For the record, O'Callaghan followed shortly after Cox and took the trouble (and I use the term loosely) to stop, sign the autographs and pose for a photo. It only took a minute or two of his time but it made a few kids very happy. And he's not even a Brighton player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here