Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I know why Cox was dropped

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
it gets worse every day on here,thats half the attraction isnt it?how people can jump on the wagon when noone knows the facts is the norm:rant:

To be fair - its probably always been this way - its just that we now (in the last 10 years or however) have an outlet (NSC and chatforums) to voice an opinion that was hitherto only for chat at the pub or between mates....

The interweb is a great thing don't get me wrong, but it gives alot of people a platform (not only in football) to voice their often daft - sometimes dangerous opinions...

Probably the reason Harty struggles to get people to call in on the fans phone in - its far easier (not to mention being anonymous) to schlepp home and type out a tirade of abuse on here.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Interesting, Bozza. So, overall, it's fair to say Cox is an arrogant little fucker who thinks he's "it" when in fact he's a mediocre third division footballer. I don't dislike many of our players, maybe only 3 or 4, but this guy really is a DICK.
1 He's certainly not a mediocre player.
2 Thankfully Wilkins disciplines the players not nsc.
3 Most 20 year olds can be arrogant. I certainly was and I suspect you were. You're probably right about the bloke but what good comes from such a negative post.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's great the way some people are so 'in the know'. Comes from reading such classic literature as The News of the World I bet.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Gotta love all these armchair/plastic Withdean seat managers who are passing judgement without actually knowing what happened here and how he behaves usually behind the closed doors of the changing room....of course you pickers would all behave absolutely impeccably if you were in the squad wouldn't you...

I Like to think I would. This goes for all footballers, not just Coxy. is it too much to ask that they look after themselves and maybe don't drink, or go out too much during their careers? A dinner out with the Mrs now and then is fine, but out with the lads, on a Wednesday, is not on.

It is a sort career, something footballers like to churn out when it suits them, well why not try and prolong that career for as long as possible by staying fit, focused and out of trouble? Look at the older players today and they all seem to have followed this path and are reaping the rewards.

Coxy has time to learn, let's hope he does. Giggs (not that I am comparing them ability wise) had a few incidents" when he was younger, but a few choice words from Sir Alex certainly did the trick and look at him now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
After the shoe-throwing incident at the CSS gig on Friday, there was only one course of action left to Wilkins. If only he'd thrown the LEFT boot...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have it on good authority that the trouble stemmed from a training ground altercation where Cox said to Wilkins that he was not Happy.

Wilkins then asked him which one was he then ?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Whats this a young lad out having a drink on a weeknight with friends? Whats the world coming to I remember when lads spent wednesday nights reading stories to the elderly and putting in the hours at the community centre!

Don't understand these witch hunts against players so what if he is a little cocky so are countless other lads his age not to mention other players at other clubs.

He is a talented player, ok he has had a few bad games this season but no different to some of the other players in the squad. He is learning the game and the expectations that come with that and in Wilkins think he's in very safe hands.

Some people are we not happy unless we are having a pop at all of our players??!!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Whats this a young lad out having a drink on a weeknight with friends? Whats the world coming to I remember when lads spent wednesday nights reading stories to the elderly and putting in the hours at the community centre!

Don't understand these witch hunts against players so what if he is a little cocky so are countless other lads his age not to mention other players at other clubs.

He is a talented player, ok he has had a few bad games this season but no different to some of the other players in the squad. He is learning the game and the expectations that come with that and in Wilkins think he's in very safe hands.

Some people are we not happy unless we are having a pop at all of our players??!!!!

The point is that NOBODY should be givin' it the large one in Haywards Heath FFS. There IS a certain minimum level of dignity that must be maintained. Especially when representing the club. And especially in Haywrds Heath :lol:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The point is that NOBODY should be givin' it the large one in Haywards Heath FFS. There IS a certain minimum level of dignity that must be maintained. Especially when representing the club. And especially in Haywrds Heath :lol:

Well money does not but you class you have that bit right!!

D

Deleted member 2719

Bloody hell. He has one bad day and we all want to lynch him. My 2 boys accosted him in Churchill Square asking for an autograph. He was with a few mates all his age. Couldn't have been nicer and more patient.

Coxy is a legend in the making. And Albion through and through. Let's not hound him out the club eh?

Well said that man there are some cheap pathetic childish jokers on here trying to destroy the lad.
Wilkins will sort him out.
I have done silly things in my 20's 30's and proberly will do in my 40's!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
On many a Wednesday night Coxy is standing alongside the pitch at Worthing when the reserves are playing, to cheer his team mates.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
one of his ex-girlfriends reckoned he was incredibly up himself

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I like the one about him not being allowed into a club as he looked underage, when he said to the bouncer "Do you know who I am?" the bouncer responded with a "No, go away".

:lol: :lol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
People still continuing to put the boot in then...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here