Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I know why Cox was dropped

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...I don't think dropping them is right, after all, we pay to see the team do well whenever possible, and if key players are dropped, then we are at risk of being denied that. What right does the manager have to do that?

I know it's the season of goodwill and all that, but have you been at the Advocaat?

Surely you can see that, in the long run, team discipline, respect for the manager and your colleagues, and a decent work ethic are far more important than allowing these immature and cossetted youths a free rein?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I know it's the season of goodwill and all that, but have you been at the Advocaat?

Surely you can see that, in the long run, team discipline, respect for the manager and your colleagues, and a decent work ethic are far more important than allowing these immature and cossetted youths a free rein?

Quite. If Cox has over stepped the mark then he should be dropped, it happened to Robinson earlier in the season and El-Abd had some issues towards the end of last season, but both are still involved.

If fans want a say in who plays, the Ebbsfleet is the team they should go and support.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I guess my POV is not popular. Let's say that 4 or 5 of the players get in a bust up after a match, or in training, are you advocating (see what I did there) dropping half the team, just to prove a point.

I can see the press conference now, "Sorry we lost the game against [insert team name] but several of the players were dropped due to a bit of indisipline which am not going into detail about, so we had to play inexperienced and youth team players and a without a goalie because I don't trust our 2nd choice but at least they will have learnt their lesson"

(And no, we don't get the option to choose the team at Ebbsfleet either)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I guess my POV is not popular. Let's say that 4 or 5 of the players get in a bust up after a match, or in training, are you advocating (see what I did there) dropping half the team, just to prove a point.

Perhaps, in that case, verbal Warninks would be sufficient?

Or more likely, the manager would need to assess what the root of the problem was, and deal with that as appropriate.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
From the limited amount of info that can be gleaned here (and in the Argus), I think Wilkins has dealt with this perfectly well. If there was a bust-up after the Forest game, and Cox then subsequently refused point blank to apologise afterwards in training, then Wilkins was right to omit him from the squad. He's the boss, what he says goes, if you don't toe the line then you don't play. Simple.

From what Wilkins has said, it all seems to be done and dusted now. No need to drag it out any longer. He's dealt with it, Cox has been disciplined, he knows he's not an automatic starter for the team, now hopefully everyone can put it all behind them and get on with getting us PROMOTED. No big deal.

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
Absolute rubbish Superphil, the manager has got to have complete control of the team, and if anyone disrespects him then they have to pay the price simple as that.

Look at Beckham and Stam versus Fergie

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The latest rumour going around Haywards Heath, and I must stress is only a rumour, is that Dean Cox is the most disliked player at BHA as he is so far up his own arse and the club tried to off load him last January window and will try again this one. The only person he gets on with is JR. Do not know if it is true or not but would add weight to the rumour on another thread we are trying to get Currie.

stig

I hate Tim and Matty B
Mar 27, 2007
this thread is such a joke.
lets face it, some people MAY know the truth as to what happens, but others are just completely talking out of their arses. weather you believe me or not, i do know the reason dean cox was dropped, and it was nothing to do with his popularity. i cannot believe a player who so clearly has passion for the team he supports and plays for is slated because of gossip.what does he have to do to get support from his teams 'fans' in a difficult stage of his career? he is 20 years old, if i was 20 and playing for the albion i would be a little stuck up. how do people expect things like this thread to make our team better?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
The latest rumour going around Haywards Heath, and I must stress is only a rumour, is that Dean Cox is the most disliked player at BHA as he is so far up his own arse and the club tried to off load him last January window and will try again this one. The only person he gets on with is JR. Do not know if it is true or not but would add weight to the rumour on another thread we are trying to get Currie.

im sorry, i know you said its only a rumour, but that is BOLLOCKS

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
y do people make complete bollocks up! aint u got nothing better to do?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Demonstrably wrong, but that's a side issue.

If it's only a rumour - and a pretty spiteful one seeing as you don't know for sure - why post it? What purpose have you served by posting that, apart from to be just that little bit more destructive?

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Demonstrably wrong, but that's a side issue.

If it's only a rumour - and a pretty spiteful one seeing as you don't know for sure - why post it? What purpose have you served by posting that, apart from to be just that little bit more destructive?

well said! what is the point!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Some people are far too obsessed with hanging onto rumours about players or getting to 'know' them via various methods, asking them invasive or awkward questions, attempting to be one-up on the next fan. Perhaps it is all about elevating their 'fan status'

All I care about is what happens on the pitch and that the players want to play for the club. The rest of the politics should be left up to the club to deal with, without having gossip merchants salivating over a bit of information.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Because it kicked off bigtime in the dressing room after the Forest game. Not gonna say how I know, but I promise you I do.

So he deserved to be dropped for being a jumped up little twat.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Fraser, Robinson and Cox were all involved in it. Just thought I'd shed some light, not trying to give it the biggun, just making it all a bit clearer so people can stop defending him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here