Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I know why Cox was dropped

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
The general view of a lot of people on here is that he is an 'arrogant twat', personally I think he is in the top 5 players we have at this club, lets hope he apologises for whatever he did and then maybe he can play on the right of midfield with Jakey on the left, maybe that will bring him back to form.

It'll take a lot from him to change peoples opinions on him but lets hope he does prove them wrong.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It was interesting to see the fantastic reception Fraser got when he was subbed near the end yesterday. The guy has come a long way in the last year, and is beginning to really contribute. If indeed it was Fraser who Cox had the altercation with, I hope Cox is not trying to get into some sort of "either he buggers off or I do" type challenge. Because if so, I think Cox may be a little more expendable than he thinks. It would be a great waste if he ends up going down the Leon Knight route, but there's more than one decent midfielder in our squad at the moment.

Oh, and by the way, O'Callaghan showed a helluva lot of class yesterday - PLEASE let's sign him!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Decent enough player on his day but prone to bouts of petulance on the pitch.

Don't see why people always have a pop about his height and take the piss out of him for being small though.

Fair enough criticise his performance etc but leave the guy alone regarding his height etc...

On the pitch he needs to work on his defensive play a lot and is not always the most consistant player but certainly can be a match winner when on form.

I think, were Cox at a club with more resources he would have been using far more sparingly in the first team - limited to the odd start and 20 minutes off the bench before a run of games in the reserves etc.

Not only would this have protected him physically, and mentally, but also may have kept his ego in check a bit more.

As it is at Brighton he has been playing almost every game at a young age.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Interesting, Bozza. So, overall, it's fair to say Cox is an arrogant little fucker who thinks he's "it" when in fact he's a mediocre third division footballer. I don't dislike many of our players, maybe only 3 or 4, but this guy really is a DICK.

That is not what Bozza said, and your slating of him is getting a little bit tedious.

I speak to Coxy on a semi-regular basis. He wears his heart on his sleeve and he was genuinely pissed off after the Forest defeat. His not signing the autographs was down to a certain level of immaturity on taking the defeat personally. He will grow up from that. Aside from that, you are well wide of the mark. His attitude, his pride and effort in wanting to play for the club are superb, he has been working hard on the pitch all season, and he has been far from 'shit' as you called him, and he certainly not a dick.

Put it this way, I would never even consider sponsoring the kit of someone with the attributes you assign to him. So when you know EXACTLY what he has been disciplined for, then you can enlighten us, and sit in judgement on him.

This is the Coxy I know; cocky - yes; confident - pretty much; proud to wear ths stripes - definitely; immature - not usually, but has been known to lapse; arrogant little fucker who thinks he's it - absolutely 100% not.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
That is not what Bozza said, and your slating of him is getting a little bit tedious.

I speak to Coxy on a semi-regular basis. He wears his heart on his sleeve and he was genuinely pissed off after the Forest defeat. His not signing the autographs was down to a certain level of immaturity on taking the defeat personally. He will grow up from that. Aside from that, you are well wide of the mark. His attitude, his pride and effort in wanting to play for the club are superb, he has been working hard on the pitch all season, and he has been far from 'shit' as you called him, and he certainly not a dick.

Put it this way, I would never even consider sponsoring the kit of someone with the attributes you assign to him. So when you know EXACTLY what he has been disciplined for, then you can enlighten us, and sit in judgement on him.

This is the Coxy I know; cocky - yes; confident - pretty much; proud to wear ths stripes - definitely; immature - not usually, but has been known to lapse; arrogant little fucker who thinks he's it - absolutely 100% not.

With all due respect the way a teenage lad talks to someone of your age and the way he handles himself in a pub surrounded by his peers is likely to be very different.

I doubt he is as bad as many on here are making out but there is no smoke without fire.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
With all due respect the way a teenage lad talks to someone of your age and the way he handles himself in a pub surrounded by his peers is likely to be very different.

I doubt he is as bad as many on here are making out but there is no smoke without fire.

I have never met Coxy 'in the pub surrounded by his peers'. What on earth made you think I had? Hanging about with a group of cocky 20-year-olds is not really my idea of fun, you know.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Gotta love all these armchair/plastic Withdean seat managers who are passing judgement without actually knowing what happened here and how he behaves usually behind the closed doors of the changing room....of course you pickers would all behave absolutely impeccably if you were in the squad wouldn't you...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have never met Coxy 'in the pub surrounded by his peers'. What on earth made you think I had? Hanging about with a group of cocky 20-year-olds is not really my idea of fun, you know.

That was my point...

Just because he is polite and nice when he talks to you does not mean he does not give it the biggun and act like a spoon when he is out with his mates etc...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

You should try going down 'the square' in Haywards Heath on a Wednesday evening if you want to see him and his like or worse still go down there on a Friday night. Yo could never imagine you would see so many cocky little arseholes in one group in your life.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If - and it's a big IF - he does that, then of course he deserves his slating, especially if it's on a Friday night.

But what he does in his own time (out on a a Wednesday, for instance) is his own decision, unless it's an issue which directly affects the club, such as being under a direct instruction on curfews etc. Now if anyone KNOWS he is doing that on a Friday night, or acting specifically against club rules, then I'll might well join in on the 'dick' calls myself, and trust that he'll sort himself out.

However, it still remains that his professional attitude and the effort he puts in while working in Brighton & Hove Albion's own time is, as far as I can witness, still generally pretty good.

So can anyone confirm this 'Friday night' bit for a fact, or are we going to lynch him on the back of a circumstancial suspicion?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
That was my point...

Just because he is polite and nice when he talks to you does not mean he does not give it the biggun and act like a spoon when he is out with his mates etc...

& the difference between him & 99 per cent of other 20 year olds is?

For fucks sake he is, after all, barely out of short trousers of course he,s going to be a pratt at times, we've all been there

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Bloody hell. He has one bad day and we all want to lynch him. My 2 boys accosted him in Churchill Square asking for an autograph. He was with a few mates all his age. Couldn't have been nicer and more patient.

Coxy is a legend in the making. And Albion through and through. Let's not hound him out the club eh?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Interesting, Bozza. So, overall, it's fair to say Cox is an arrogant little fucker who thinks he's "it" when in fact he's a mediocre third division footballer. I don't dislike many of our players, maybe only 3 or 4, but this guy really is a DICK.
ive always found him very helpful to my son and his mates,at every home game,he always stops and chats to the autograpg hunters,and at the seagulls footy club likewise

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Gotta love all these armchair/plastic Withdean seat managers who are passing judgement without actually knowing what happened here and how he behaves usually behind the closed doors of the changing room....of course you pickers would all behave absolutely impeccably if you were in the squad wouldn't you...
it gets worse every day on here,thats half the attraction isnt it?how people can jump on the wagon when noone knows the facts is the norm:rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here