Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I had a ticket, I didn't go and I didn't miss it [MERGED THREADS]

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well while we're all speculating on Storer 68's state of mind.
I reckon he fancies a nice plate of spag bol for his tea tonight. Then later on he'll sit down and watch that Harry Hill programme he recorded the other night. He'll probably be feeling a bit tired after the first day back at work though, and will turn in at around 10pm. Then tomorrow, following a good nights sleep, he won't feel quite so gloomy about the Albion, and by the afternoon he will probably go online and order a Seagulls commemorative mug, a set of Albion darts flights, and a ticket for Mansfield.

Storer 68's rehabililtation will then be complete.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
After watching the Albion since the 50's I took a break from going to watch the them for 10 years in the80/90's. Family, money, lack of enthusiasm for football in general. Then in the late 90's it all came back . Season Ticket Holder ever since.
so, don't despair. Sabbacticals happen. Storer 68 will be back.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
On a serious note having read his thread if people of his standing as an Albion fan are beginning to waver it is a sad day for the club.
*For younger posters and 'new' supporters Storer 68 was one of the original fanzine editors, And Smith Must Score, from 20 years ago and 100% Albion through and through.

And you REALLY need a new thread to write that, what was wrong with http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?t=116901

Need to make sure your opinion is heard? :bla::bla:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I've read the entirety of this thread, with well-reasoned constructive opinions on the scenario you find youself in Mr Storer68.

I've considered it fully and after a lot of thought I think I've found the answer.

Get to the ground earlier and have an extra couple of pints.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I reckon we've all had spells of giving up or just 'wavering'. Hopefully he'll be back after a break.

I also lost interest in the late 80's under Lloyd and couldn't even be bothered with London games. Like many, I came back during 'the troubles' when the thought of not having a club became a step too far.

Don't burn your bridges, take a break but keep the faith.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
All will be well when the missing STH DVD arrives at Storer68 mansions :clap2:

Chin(s) up mate, I've not got my DVD yet either :(

Hope to see you back at Withdean soon, hurling abuse at residents in cars :lol:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
What makes YOU so important? While you been chosing to throw your toys out of the pram, my 16yo son has been encouraging as many of his mates to come along and enjoy the Withdean experience - and they do. That is what is IMPORTANT to me, not a few grumpy old hectors who can't be bothered any more.

Obviously with nearly 10,000 posts you will have ‘thrown toys out of your pram’ far more than I (nice chose of words by the way....if you wanted to come across as a hypocritical ‘idiot’ as Dr Badger had already pointed alluded to – but you just couldn’t resist opening your big mouth could you?). Clearly in your world I’m out of order for feeling a bit aggrieved by the lack of common courtesy and loss of earnings I’ve received after pumping £600+ into the club’s coffers each season (not accounting for my not inconsiderable match day expenses like travel). If football is a product, clubs are now businesses which makes us mere customers as is always being touted these days, then when the ‘service’ isn’t good I have every right to complain. Regardless, you've completely missed the point of the thread and given the enormous evidence there is for people voting with their feet, your comments are unbelievably stupid. I have therefore reached the only possible conclusion one can make in the circumstances – please stick your idiotic comments up your arse. Sideways.

PS your son wasn't even in out of nappies when people like me were fighting to save the clubs existence. So a little more respect chum.

All will be well when the missing STH DVD arrives at Storer68 mansions :clap2:

Chin(s) up mate, I've not got my DVD yet either :(

Hope to see you back at Withdean soon, hurling abuse at residents in cars :lol:

What hacks me off is that the DVD is already at S68 towers, and she's only a blue member...............:D:laugh::laugh:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Glass half empty? probably. But that what comes I thnk of having the seen what the club CAN achieve, has achieved and at the moment is (IMHO) NOWHERE NEAR achiveing.

BHA has given me some of the most enjoyable times I have had, and I'm sure yesterday's game was most enjoyable - (bet some of you weren't thinking that before stoppage time) I felt the same when walking out of Priestfeild 10 years ago after a cracking 4-4 draw v Colchester. And a last gasp win against a team third from bottom who had lost 13 out of 23 games

But its the whole general atmosphere of malaise that surrounds the club at present. High prices being charged so substandard entertainment with the club pleading poverty at every opportunity. Of course we know why but that doesn't make it anymore palatable.
Totally understand how you feel about bha,i could easily go everyother week if i wanted.Lost interest about 3 years ago and have been to about 4-5 games in 3 years.I also done gillingham week after week and supported the albion since 1986ish.
I moan and criticise all the time on here as im fed up and frustrated with the club in a whole,11 years homeless and been skint since i have supported them.The club is to exspensive for what we get.The chairman or board don't have any money and we get the begging bowls out here and there.You are correct in saying that we don't get anything back from the club:nono:

Fans have done marches,paid stupid ticket prices and contributed to the 40 note fund.Then you get average football and get soaked,so how on earth do we get 6k doing this everyweek:eek:

Fair play to them i say as its fantastic support considering the circumstances,the falmer delays are really pi££ing me off,over a year before we can even start building:nono:

BHA are the most skint and frustrating football club ever,all i want is a board with money and ambition and the fans to be appreciated instead of being taken for a ride month after month:drink:

You are not in the minority as maybe 10,000+ are simular to you and me:drink:

Personal circumstances (I love that phrase) are one thing, hurtling off over yonder hills shrieking "I just don't care about you anymore, Patricia!" is another. Albion fans are family and the spat of said lover is a jilting wrench considering what a spiffing chap he is and how long he's been a part of things.

I like to occasionally flout my indifference in a manner best moulded by the right honourable monsieur Valder - "ooh, you're not good enough for me, I'm going shopping", I minced during much of McGhee's fall from genius and the coma of last season, but I always knew I'd come tiptoeing back in the same way a cat might after a few days without tuna. To leave for good would be starvation.
I've known Mr Banana in times when he's been at least as dismissive as Storer 68's first post. And now he's back.

There is hope, Patrick. Keep the faith.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Please Harty don't use this as your theme for the next phone in. IE "Long term fans deserting the Albion . What should be done?" Might i suggest. "Is not it great that on a cold New Years Day nearly 6000 went to a crap stadium to watch the albion grasp a last minute equaliser in an entertaining Division 3 match"

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I have been a die hard Albion fan since the early 70's and when they went to Gillingham as a temporary home my enthusiasm dwindled so much that I didn't see one game home or away during that period. But, my enthusiasm has been rekindled since they have returned 'home' and like all of us I can't wait for the first game at our new stadium.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I used to be a 30 game a season man a few years back, now i am a 5 game a season man if I'm lucky and its the Withdean negativity, the outrageous cost for me and my son and a lack of tolerance for the endless moaning thats done me. Oh for terraces so you can just walk away and stand with the happy souls, but I know when I will come back soon, its a cycle and at the moment Im on the darkside, but there is a light and it never goes out once this bloody club gets under your skin, I hope youll be back Storer68

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here