Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I had a ticket, I didn't go and I didn't miss it [MERGED THREADS]

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
I have been a fan for 35 years and a sth at Withdean since the first day and will continue to do so but the club is haemorraging fans at an alarming rate and that cannot go on any longer without at least try to find the reasons and redress it

Uncle Spielberg, your posts are always well written and well thought through.

I do not know how you keep bothering to answer less than courteous posters, but you have my admiration for doing so. Either we end up fighting for the club we love or give up and give it over to a handful of idiots.

Also good call from the chap who said Attila should speak to the board about how many feel.

I have been a fan for 35 years and a sth at Withdean since the first day and will continue to do so but the club is haemorraging fans at an alarming rate and that cannot go on any longer without at least try to find the reasons and redress it

Erm...... although that 'well written' sentence struggles to make sense, even to my alarmingly humungous brain, I wonder if you would care to offer a suggestion as to how to 'redress it'.

C'mon moron, you can DO it

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Without wanting to cause offence NMH , HEY WHY DON'T YOU JUST f*** OFF YOU STUPID SELF OPINIONATED LITTLE SHIT. Even someone of your limited intelligence may understand where I am coming from.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Uncle Spielberg, your posts are always well written and well thought through.

I do not know how you keep bothering to answer less than courteous posters, but you have my admiration for doing so. Either we end up fighting for the club we love or give up and give it over to a handful of idiots.

Also good call from the chap who said Attila should speak to the board about how many feel.

Steady, this is US we're talking about here.

Seriously, I don't think it's Attila's place to be the fans' representative to go and talk to the board. Anyone can contact any member of staff at the club, and air their grievances. And if I have a grievance, I would want to do it myself.

I'm sorry for Portlock who doesn't feel as though he has been treated with the grace he feels he deserves, but I disagree when he says the club don't listen - or rather, I haven't had the same experience as him. I have the same amount of access to the club as anyone else, and I usually feel - even if the answers I get are not necessarily the ones I want to hear - that I have been listened to.

That's not uberfandom, it's more a sense of courtesy which I feel I have received in a way which, unfortunately for Portlock, he feels he hasn't.

What makes YOU so important? While you been chosing to throw your toys out of the pram, my 16yo son has been encouraging as many of his mates to come along and enjoy the Withdean experience - and they do. That is what is IMPORTANT to me, not a few grumpy old hectors who can't be bothered any more.

Some nice ones on here T and glad to see that the 'Billy' Mafia is up and running at The Weald.
Happy New Year by the way.

But you are still reading the fans internet discussion board ;)

I know . It's really annoying me. I thought I was over them, but I obvuously need more therapy:bigwave:

But my main worry is that I did not miss not going yesterday!

and if I, with a 3 yr ST in my back pocket, canot summon up enough enthisiam to go, then what price BHA selling a ticket to anyone for £27

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I have been a fan for 37 years and a STH at Withdean since the first season and will continue to do so.

I love the fact that DK and the board/shareholders are willing and able to put millions of pounds of their own money into the club that I enjoy watching, to rescue us from oblivion.

I love the fact that they have, after an almighty struggle which must have driven them to the point of despair on many occasions, secured the future of the club at a new community stadium.

I love going to watch the Albion play in Div 3 (League 1 or whatever you call it).

I love seeing young players mixed with the experienced pros.

I love seeing the success of the club in attracting a new generation of fans, despite the grim reality of the Withdean experience - with hundreds and sometimes thousands of young parents and children in the Family Stand - blowing their hooters and having a great time.

I love seeing my son and his mates coming along and enjoying what has always been a source of great pleasure to me.

I love it when we play well against decent opposition.

I love it when we win.

I love watching the best football available like Arsenal on the TV.

Sure there are many things that could be better - but for goodness sake - lets not get into some wrist-slitting depression about it. Being an Albion supporter has never been an easy road, and it isn't now, but that doesn't stop it being being fun for me.

Up the Albion!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Trouble with Attila is you tend to get the "I spoke to Dick" posts which are a bit boring and also give the wrong impression.

I suggest the club starts a proper consultation working with fans on how jointly initiatives can be input to regain fans if the club perceive this is such a big issue.

If the club don't then we will just carry on losing fans hand over fist as paying top dollar for 3rd tier football is clearly not acceptable to some fans pockets.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Titanic you sound like Kevin Keegan.

But good for you mate.

Supporting a football team is all about the ups and downs.......

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I hope I never get disillusioned. I still look forward to every game, whatever division.

After years as a STH at the old ground, and years marching, leafleting, lobbying, and painting the bridges of Sussex... when the battle to oust those wankers was won and the club was safely in the hands of DK, I too gave up!

I was just exactly like you sound now. I couldn't be arsed with Gillingham. Only went once and that in the away end for the Fans Utd game with Donny. It was awful. The Albion came back to Brighton. I still didn't go. I used to watch Burgess Hill Town most weeks, and others went to the pictures or shopping (like Bas) I completely lost interest in the Albion. And I didn't miss it.
It struck me one day when I was actually at Halifax Town v Orient, on the same day that the Albion were home to York. Why the hell had I gone to Yorkshire, when Yorkshire had come to Brighton?

But I'd lost interest. I didn't care about the Albion any more. They weren't the team I'd supported since 1968. Different kit, players, manager, ground. Some one suggested that perhaps I had hated Archer and Bellotti more than I loved the Albion. f***ing shook me up I don't mind telling you. Could they be right?

Then someone got me a ticket for the 3rd Division championship game at Withdean and I went along. I saw all my old friends, the same old faces and they seemed not to resent my absence but who were pleased to see me. Not quite prodigal son you understand, but along those lines.

The next year I shared a ST with a mate. The next I got my own.

I haven't missed more than a couple of home games since. I've been to eight away games this year and wouldn't miss the piss pot game on Tuesday night for all the Johnstones paint in Fuckup DIY.

Ten years ago I would never have believed that I could have given it up.

Seven years ago I would never have believed I would go back.

BUT I AM BACK. As keen as ever.

And I am quite sure that you too will be back some day. Because as we told that bastard from Mellor, players and chairmen come and go, but the fans will always be there.

I look forward to seeing you back there............when you're ready.
We'll keep it going in the meantime for you.

:albion2::ascarf:

Now THAT is a POST Sir!!

It brings a tear, excellent expression of passion.

You saved the club, not alone granted - but yourself in that realisation, and for others to love 'ALL Albions' of future, whoever may care for, and with The Albion.

:ascarf: :clap: :albion2:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Trouble with Attila is you tend to get the "I spoke to Dick" posts which are a bit boring and also give the wrong impression.

I suggest the club starts a proper consultation working with fans on how jointly initiatives can be input to regain fans if the club perceive this is such a big issue.

If the club don't then we will just carry on losing fans hand over fist as paying top dollar for 3rd tier football is clearly not acceptable to some fans pockets.

The club is in constant contact with the fans - via The Supporters' Club.

That then raises the issue of 'how representative of the fans is the Supporters' Club?' The club can't constantly talk to every individual supporter, so it would need a representative group - alternate to the SC - to talk to the fans.

But if you ask 500 fans their view on, say, 10 different issues, you are going to get something approaching a bit of a mess in return.

The ball is therefore in the fans' court to try and arrange some semblence of organisation to represent the biggest possible majority's points of view, with the added pressure of ensuring that they are not seen as the club's poodle.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Jesus..I think I will go for a walk into the woods with my revolver!

Fair enough if you have lost interest in the Albion, (Although I suspect this has less to do with the standard of football, rather the environment we watch it in.)

I've said it before and am forced to say it again. WE DID NOT ASK TO, OR DESERVE TO BE, PLAYING AT A MUNICIPAL RUNNING TRACK. Our club were the victims of corporate greed which nearly destroyed us. We have endured huge hardship and have prevailed.

If BHAFC owned Withdean and were wilfully making us play in substandard facilities it would be a different story, but they aren't so it isn't.

Fair enough, if you've had enough, do something else. What is the point of coming on here crapping on about it?, I don't particularly like paying stupid money to sit in the pissing rain listening to a bunch of hatchet faced pricks tutting and complaining about the ground, who would? but it is about so much more than just that.

I go to games because I support Brighton and Hove Albion, and to desert them now in their hour of need, just before we get to the promised land, Well you can if you want mate, just do it quietly eh?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The club is in constant contact with the fans - via The Supporters' Club.

That then raises the issue of 'how representative of the fans is the Supporters' Club?' The club can't constantly talk to every individual supporter, so it would need a representative group - alternate to the SC - to talk to the fans.

But if you ask 500 fans their view on, say, 10 different issues, you are going to get something approaching a bit of a mess in return.

The ball is therefore in the fans' court to try and arrange some semblence of organisation to represent the biggest possible majority's points of view, with the added pressure of ensuring that they are not seen as the club's poodle.

The supporters club is a very small minority and why should you have to pay to join something else to be heard.

What is wrong with the stakeholders (STH) ?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Barry Izback .... we iz pleased you iz back. Excellent post. Hope some doubters will read it and be reconverted!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

That's a bit harsh on Attila. Surely all snippets from DK are useful, we all love the Albion, and personally I don't care what the source is, so long as there is one.

There have been suggestions on ATC about how the club can attract new fans, or just importantly, inspire old ones to return. If anyone has any good ideas why not post them there. The Insider does a pretty good job at passing things on as far as I am aware.

I am only going to pay top rates IF I get to see Mr Hairy's pink shirt on a regular basis.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes, I do, especially since I was thinking of sinking to saying the same of you :bigwave:

----> :rant: <----- :salute: :laugh:

Well at least we can agree on something :), Happy New Year to you.

Steady, this is US we're talking about here.

Seriously, I don't think it's Attila's place to be the fans' representative to go and talk to the board. Anyone can contact any member of staff at the club, and air their grievances. And if I have a grievance, I would want to do it myself.

I'm sorry for Portlock who doesn't feel as though he has been treated with the grace he feels he deserves, but I disagree when he says the club don't listen - or rather, I haven't had the same experience as him. I have the same amount of access to the club as anyone else, and I usually feel - even if the answers I get are not necessarily the ones I want to hear - that I have been listened to.

That's not uberfandom, it's more a sense of courtesy which I feel I have received in a way which, unfortunately for Portlock, he feels he hasn't.

I have to say that I concur with US on this one.

as a gold member 3 yr STH,(that's a payment of £1200 to you) I should be getting uberfandom treatment from the club.....................

So far the club have not delivered to me on ANY of the promised additional benefits of the gold membership -

no club newsletter
no free DVD
no invitation to buy extra home tickets at substantial discounts for family and freinds

theyy're keen enough to know me when season ticket renewal comes arounbd. but after that........ watch out for the tumbleweed

and the others have hardly been worth troubling people for...

a free ticket for a JPT game v Barnet (oooooh wow, they were like god dust wern't they)

More glass totally empy grumpiness i'm afraid.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here