I am not interested in BHAFC anymore.

Maybe falling out with the Albion is just a temporary thing:

"Nothing's changed, I still love you, I still love you,
Only slightly, only slightly less than I used to."

Falmer can't come soon enough.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
6000 were there (at full prices) with very few visiting fans (which is pretty much how it has been for all of the Withdean years).

Why so grumpy ?

#

It was New years Day....! In the 40 odd years I,ve watched the Albion, Boxing Day and New years day football have always been watched by above average crowds.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Stadium presentation is coming soon. I think you'll change your mind about the club's ambitions then.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why does it matter if people come and go - eveyones' personal circumstances change from time to time and nothing can be done about it.

Falmer will generate a whole new fan base as proved with clubs like Reading providing we are successful

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Why does it matter if people come and go - eveyones' personal circumstances change from time to time and nothing can be done about it.

Falmer will generate a whole new fan base as proved with clubs like Reading providing we are successful

Or maybe we will end up in administration like a lot of teams who have built new grounds.
Reading have Madjeski who bankrolled it , who do we have :angry::angry::angry:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

Personal circumstances (I love that phrase) are one thing, hurtling off over yonder hills shrieking "I just don't care about you anymore, Patricia!" is another. Albion fans are family and the spat of said lover is a jilting wrench considering what a spiffing chap he is and how long he's been a part of things.

I like to occasionally flout my indifference in a manner best moulded by the right honourable monsieur Valder - "ooh, you're not good enough for me, I'm going shopping", I minced during much of McGhee's fall from genius and the coma of last season, but I always knew I'd come tiptoeing back in the same way a cat might after a few days without tuna. To leave for good would be starvation.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Ive completely lost interest aswell.Yesterday was my first home game of the season,i could have made more effort to get to a lot more,but frankly ive lost all motivation to follow the albion

That's an amazing post. I for one am not the slightest bit dismissive. What brings you to that? Have you gone off football in general, or just the Albion?

What brings me to that ?

Hmmm, been thinking about that. It maybe footbal in general but that for me is BHA.

After watching the Albion for 31 years (apart from the feeling that I just can't take much more of watching Wilkins' team anymore -don't worry we all have this feeling about teams) going to Withdean now just feels like a CHORE rather than someting I really want to do.

and I am coming to the conclusion that we are just doing too many things on the cheap to be confident about the future of the club. Yes I know we have been here before, but I worry that the business of football has left us far behind. I worry that Falmer will now be too little tooo late to sustain anywhere other that Div3. We are rapdly losing connection with the rest of the league - teams like MK Dons (FFS!) are more of the furture of Engliah lower leage football that we are now.

The problem with the attitude of three of the replies (and others on this site) is that we have a dwindling band of supporters and you are hostile and dismissive of anyone who isnt 100% loyal to whatever crap is dished up by the club.

I am not often to moved to write but you are idiots. Some people - and I know many - used to go every match as recently as last season and cannot now be motivated to go. This is a serious problem. In the past these people would have been angry - now they have lost interest. This suggests something is wrong with the football and /or the way the club is run. Ask why people are turning away?

Ignore it and dismiss it at your peril - or you few who dismiss anyone with a different view will be sitting on your own watching conference football in a crowd of 1500. I, for one, do not want that and will still speak up (for now - soon maybe I will give up too.)

Shame you don't post more often.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
For those of you who have lost faith/interest etc. I hope you change your minds, if not now, then when the new stadium is delivered. If you don't to go right now, so be it, but don't lose interest in the Albion.

I firmly believe the board are doing as well as anyone could be, excepting the multi-billionaire who has not yet made himself known. As for their attitude to the fans, again, I personally believe they have nothing but the utmost respect for the fans.

We've heard it all before, but the board do the very best they can in difficult circumstances, can you imagine how tough it is, knowing that even a sold-out, full price match, would still cost them money due to the cost of renting Withdean. Perhaps some pressure could be put on B&H Council to get them to waive the rent, or at least reduce it vastly, to allow the board, and the club, to make the most of the next 2 years we are there. I know it's fanciful, but I thought the Council were 100% behind the Albion, seems to me they are, but with their bank account details, not their support for the Club.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
The number of people feeling like Storer and Dr Bandler is a real concern that the club and other supporters ignore at their peril. I know of many who have come to the same conclusion during the past three seasons, people who had been going to games regularly since the 1960's in some cases. I've been watching the Albion since 1980 and I have felt like it too at times lately. I keep going because I love watching football, love the Albion and it gives me a day out and some quality time away from the women with my dad and my brother.

The stadium can't come soon enough but it will not solve the problem at a sweep. We've lost a generation of supporters who will need to be enticed along. Some of the stay-away fans would be bringing their sons and daughters by now. I hope and pray it all works out, we get the stadium built, climb the leagues and play football that will attract the floating masses but I'll believe it when I see it.

#

It was New years Day....! In the 40 odd years I,ve watched the Albion, Boxing Day and New years day football have always been watched by above average crowds.

Surely 5963 is NOT an above average crowd.............

I beg you pardon...... it IS an above average crowd - I hadn'r realised that we sre averaging no more than 5,000 home supporters a game. FFS

Withdean Stadium
Average attendance (2007/2008) 5229
Capacity 6960

Last edited:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
For those of you who have lost faith/interest etc. I hope you change your minds, if not now, then when the new stadium is delivered. If you don't to go right now, so be it, but don't lose interest in the Albion.

I firmly believe the board are doing as well as anyone could be, excepting the multi-billionaire who has not yet made himself known. As for their attitude to the fans, again, I personally believe they have nothing but the utmost respect for the fans.

We've heard it all before, but the board do the very best they can in difficult circumstances, can you imagine how tough it is, knowing that even a sold-out, full price match, would still cost them money due to the cost of renting Withdean. Perhaps some pressure could be put on B&H Council to get them to waive the rent, or at least reduce it vastly, to allow the board, and the club, to make the most of the next 2 years we are there. I know it's fanciful, but I thought the Council were 100% behind the Albion, seems to me they are, but with their bank account details, not their support for the Club.

But if the Council waive or reduce the rent then that is a loss to the Council Taxpayers and the deficit will result in either higher council tax or cuts elsewhere in the City's services.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If Bournemouth had sold out there allocation, then the figure wouldn't look too bad.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Post-Falmer blues I reckon.

People are impatient for things to "happen" as we don't have anything to fight for any more.

On the ticket pricing front nothing will happen prior to the close season as the club aren't allowed to change their pricing structure by Football League regulations. They are allowed to do four specials like the Gillingham match, so expect to see more of those before the end of the season.

The stadium, people should stop expecting the diggers to move in instantly, for crying out loud potential contractors have still to formulate their bids yet!! And the detailed plans are still being drawn up (note the consultation article in the match programme regarding a social club anyone?). It will be built when it is time to do so.

And as for players, have people forgotten we forked out £75k for Forster in the summer, and had a fee agreed with Ipswich for O'Callaghan? It seems that money is available for players, and just because one player doesn't think a year and a half contract is long enough it doesn't mean we'll never sign another player ever again!

I don't know what some of you people's expectations are but we are an average team in an average league, and I for one am happy to tough out another couple of seasons in the shit-hole until our new ground is built... and am looking forward to the cup match on Saturday, which I'll be seeing with Dad and Little Sister.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
What brings me to that ?

Hmmm, been thinking about that. It maybe footbal in general but that for me is BHA.

After watching the Albion for 31 years (apart from the feeling that I just can't take much more of watching Wilkins' team anymore -don't worry we all have this feeling about teams) going to Withdean now just feels like a CHORE rather than someting I really want to do.

and I am coming to the conclusion that we are just doing too many things on the cheap to be confident about the future of the club. Yes I know we have been here before, but I worry that the business of football has left us far behind. I worry that Falmer will now be too little tooo late to sustain anywhere other that Div3. We are rapdly losing connection with the rest of the league - teams like MK Dons (FFS!) are more of the furture of Engliah lower leage football that we are now.

You're right about Withdean. It's horrible. But it's better than Gillingham, it's all we've got for now, and I'm far happier watching this team than the one of ten years ago and am 1000% more optimistic about the future of the Albion than I was ten years ago.

I can assure you that many of us wouldn't have worked our gonads off for ages for the love of the Albion if we didn't think the new stadium would happen once planning permission was given! And I am very confident that once we get there the crowds will come flooding back. There are plenty of precedents for this elsewhere.

We simply can't spend money we haven't got - the alternative would be to put the future of the Albion in jeopardy. Dick Knight has the utmost respect for the fans: he knows if it wasn't for us, he wouldn't be there. The most contemptible thing any chairman could do would be to commit funds we haven't got to silence short term disillusionment and leave us up sh*t creek without a paddle in a couple of years.

Equally, I know a lot of people are pissed off, I know things aren't ideal..but I guess my feelings are the diametric opposite of yours.

All the best anyway and I hope your enthusiasm comes back....

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Don't mean to be rude Storer68 but you do seem a glass half empty kind of chap. Your posts generally tend to be of the grumpy old man variety. Perhaps it's not just footie you're tired of.

You did miss a great game yesterday. I get fed up of BHA at times but it's walking away from Withers having witnessed a 1-0, 1-1,2-1,2-2 and then a 94th minute winner that really puts a big smile on my face.

Seeing all the crowd as happy as Larry is a great feeling.

Come on mate. Cheer up eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here