Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I had a ticket, I didn't go and I didn't miss it [MERGED THREADS]

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Although I dont get to many games now as I live in midlands for work im just as pasionate (sp) as ever. You'll see me on a sat afternoon in the staff room drooling over ssn desperate to hear news of scores. Only done it six months and going nuts. I can understand people negativity but weve got a new stadium around the cornor and hopefully on straight and narrow finance wise just. I can see alot of fans coming back myself inculded for falmer. ive already told my boss im leaving in august 2010 dont care what job I have to do so long as I can pay rent and st at falmer! Ill be happy

D

Deleted member 2719

"Look into my eyes not around them"

When i count to ten you will believe that Dick Knight has got us Falmer he will get us the finacial backing to build this club back up from it's 10+ year demise and we will then be fighting and competing on a level playing field as everyone else and playing the big clubs who will bring big support to see Falmer and that will create a magical atmosphere and it's only .....

2 Years away.

:falmerspi:falmerspi:falmerspi:albion2::albion2:

KEEP THE FAITH

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Last edited:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Keep the faith, we'll move into Falmer in two years time. Then hopefully we'll see more investment into the club. DK needs to come out and speak to us all, the fans phone-in is a good way, but I would rather have a AGM this month. So we could find out what is going to happen involving The Falmer Road Show, players in & out during this window.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I used to be a 30 game a season man a few years back, now i am a 5 game a season man if I'm lucky and its the Withdean negativity, the outrageous cost for me and my son and a lack of tolerance for the endless moaning thats done me. Oh for terraces so you can just walk away and stand with the happy souls, but I know when I will come back soon, its a cycle and at the moment Im on the darkside, but there is a light and it never goes out once this bloody club gets under your skin, I hope youll be back Storer68

That is actually a cracking point and one that should not be allowed to fall by the wayside.

On the terraces, if there was a moany old twat you could move away ( normally after your half time bovril).....in all seater ticketted stadiums, if you are stuck by one ( there was one that sat in front of me a couple of years back) the constant moaning can get tedious and at the end of the day, footy is a hobby, and it should be enjoyable, like making an Airfix Lancaster Bomber.....

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Now is the time for marching,
Now let your hearts be gay,
Hark to the merry bugles
Sounding along our way.
So let your voices ring my boys,
And take the time from me,
And I'll sing you a song as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea!

We're the men from Sussex, Sussex by the Sea.
We plough and sow and reap and mow,
And useful men are we;
And when you go to Sussex,
Whoever you may be,
You may tell them all that we stand or fall
For Sussex by the Sea !

Oh Sussex, Sussex by the Sea !
Good old Sussex by the Sea !
You may tell them all that we stand or fall,
For Sussex by the Sea

Up in the morning early,
Start at the break of day;
March till the evening shadows
Tell us it's time to stay.
We're always moving on my boys,
So take the time from me,
And sing this song as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea.

For we are the men from Sussex, Sussex by the Sea.
And useful men are we;
Whoever you may be,
For Sussex by the Sea !

For Sussex by the Sea

Sometimes your feet are weary,
Sometimes the way is long,
Sometimes the day is dreary,
Sometimes the world goes wrong;
But if you let your voices ring,
Your care will fly away,
So we'll sing a song as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea.

And useful men are we;
Whoever you may be,
For Sussex by the Sea !

For Sussex by the Sea

Light is the love of a soldier,
That's what the ladies say,
Lightly he goes a wooing,
Lightly he rides away.
In love and war we always are
As fair as fair can be,
And a soldier boy is a lady's joy
In Sussex by the Sea.

And useful men are we;
Whoever you may be,
For Sussex by the Sea !

For Sussex by the Sea

Far o'er the seas we wander,
Wide thro' the world we roam;
Far from the kind hearts yonder,
Far from our dear old home;
But ne'er shall we forget my boys,
And true we'll ever be
To the girls so kind that we left behind
In Sussex by the Sea

We're the men from Sussex, Sussex by the Sea.
And useful men are we;
Whoever you may be,
For Sussex by the Sea !

For Sussex by the Sea

Please Harty don't use this as your theme for the next phone in. IE "Long term fans deserting the Albion . What should be done?" Might i suggest. "Is not it great that on a cold New Years Day nearly 6000 went to a crap stadium to watch the albion grasp a last minute equaliser in an entertaining Division 3 match"

Seconded. (except it was a last minute winner )

Telling the people of Brighton that they are missing something is the spirit of live football, not spotlighting the malcontents who want everything to be like the highlight reels on MOTD, all the time, and as cozy as their favourite armchair.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Please Harty don't use this as your theme for the next phone in. IE "Long term fans deserting the Albion . What should be done?" Might i suggest. "Is not it great that on a cold New Years Day nearly 6000 went to a crap stadium to watch the albion grasp a last minute equaliser in an entertaining Division 3 match"

I thought we won. ???

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...I have therefore reached the only possible conclusion one can make in the circumstances – please stick your idiotic comments up your arse. Sideways.

PS your son wasn't even in out of nappies when people like me were fighting to save the clubs existence. So a little more respect chum.

Respect :bowdown:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Keep the faith, we'll move into Falmer in two years time. Then hopefully we'll see more investment into the club.

With a £70m + mortgage to service, I think you should expect minimal investment in playing staff for many years to come.

Its a Catch 22. Stay at Withdean (although that's not an option), and go bust slowly; build Falmer and go bust quickly* :shrug:

*well, Administration.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Its a Catch 22. Stay at Withdean (although that's not an option), and go bust slowly; build Falmer and go bust quickly* :shrug:

*well, Administration.

That's really depressing.

:down::down:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Perhaps some pressure could be put on B&H Council to get them to waive the rent, or at least reduce it vastly, to allow the board, and the club, to make the most of the next 2 years we are there. I know it's fanciful, but I thought the Council were 100% behind the Albion, seems to me they are, but with their bank account details, not their support for the Club.

Good point Phil, one I've written to the club about (no reply, surprise, surprise!) before; we really ought to be able to sell tickets at the stadium now. The council / club should revisit the terms of playing at Withdean given they were written 9 years ago based on utterly different circumstances and a few prejudices back then.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If Storer wants to hang up his spurs...let him. Sorry chap, but either you want to go to the game or you don't. Your choice.

Harty, good for you sticking up for him...but if I said what he said you would have gone in to one about tradition etc...

Anyroad, who's up for Cheltenham?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The problem with the attitude of three of the replies (and others on this site) is that we have a dwindling band of supporters and you are hostile and dismissive of anyone who isnt 100% loyal to whatever crap is dished up by the club.

I am not often to moved to write but you are idiots. Some people - and I know many - used to go every match as recently as last season and cannot now be motivated to go. This is a serious problem. In the past these people would have been angry - now they have lost interest. This suggests something is wrong with the football and /or the way the club is run. Ask why people are turning away?

Ignore it and dismiss it at your peril - or you few who dismiss anyone with a different view will be sitting on your own watching conference football in a crowd of 1500. I, for one, do not want that and will still speak up (for now - soon maybe I will give up too.)

Totally agree.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I, too, feel extremely sorry for Portlock because he has had a raw deal from the club. But I think he has been extremely unlucky, and I don't think it's typical.

Twice, I've realised on the train down from London that I've left my ticket at home and have had a duplicate waiting for me at Withdean, and on both occasions I've been fortunate enough to be reimbursed when sending in the original ticket.

Unlike Storer68, I have received my free mid-season DVD through the post. I sent it to my 11-year-old nephew up in York as a Christmas present, as he's fast becoming a Seagull supporter (he's been to four northern away games and one match at Withdean). I called the club, explained the situation and asked whether I could purchase a replacement for myself, and they sent me one free-of-charge instead. Great customer service.

Never mind free DVDs (which I still haven't received as a STH). I'm not even getting the goods I bought from the club shop as pressies pre-xmas in mid-Dec! Though that is probably due to the post office and I'm sure the club will sort it out if it doesn't arrive.....

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I like this:

"One big step forward is that we have begun the process of selecting the contractor who will build the stadium. We advertised the opportunity in the construction press and as a result received a large number of expressions of interest from companies.

"We shortlisted firms based on their experience of stadium building and have now advised three companies that they have been selected to tender for the work."

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

Thank you. And I'm sorry for my aggressive reply originally. Check the time I posted it; it was end of the day, first day back and first time I'd been back online for a few hours after a crappy day in an office full of Sky TV supporters (I don't give them the dignity of calling them Chelsea, United etc fans which they insist they are until we get to the subject of just how often they've been in past 20 years) taking the piss. I guess I'll never learn to walk round the car park and calm down before replying. But you were basically right about calling me grumpy if I'm honest. My new year's resolution was to be less so, but I guessed I failed on day 2. That said, there's always soooo much to be grumpy about with the Albion / on NSC.....

So a Happy New Year to you Titanic, my anger has passed and I'm far more chilled now I've had my Ovaltine.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Happy New Year to you to Portlock Seagull.

Up the Albion.

SEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLSSSSSS! Roll on Saturday :ascarf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here