Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield after Murray

J-Scott

Mar 9, 2009
Didn't Huddersfield make a move for Murray last year when he handed in his transfer request? I agree with what you are all saying. But, i am slightly concerned by the fact a lot of our key players seem to be linked with a move away. I think Murray is class, but there are a lot of other quality strikers out there. All will be forgotten if we sign a Uruguayan striker with a bag full of FLAIR.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Only if he then went on to fail, Zamora is another example of this

Yeh from his move from Brizzle to us it is - but i don't quite think he failed. There's a reason he was approached for the WCup and that's cos he's played at the top level - with the ALBION :clap2:

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Murrays value now, and the value he will still command in the 2011 January window will not be a million worlds apart. I say keep him and hope he scores a hatfull between September and January. If he does this he will;

A. Not decrease his valuation if its clear he wont be signing a new deal
B. Love it here, sign a new deal, Play offs or even promotion
C. If he is shit between september and January then he is no loss next June when his contract expires....

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
That's ridiculous - you're jumping to conclusions cos of his body language?! There's a reason we call him the lg 1 Berbatov - he's always been that way. He's finally come out and said he's happy this season - just cos of a few red cards people assume he's not. Murray is one of / the most gifted players we have. A shoe in to start if I were manager

League one Berbatov, pmsl. Fergie would get rid of that lazy twat in a heartbeat if he could recoup half of what he paid but he cant so he is stuck with the lazy overated twat. Give me the league one Zamora any day!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I have to admit, I wouldn't be sorry to see him go. He is undoubtedly talented, but his petulance annoys me, his diving makes me irate and I still don't think he is settled and wants to be here. It would be a gamble to let him go, but if we can sign someone as talented who wants to fight for the cause it would be worth it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
League one Berbatov, pmsl. Fergie would get rid of that lazy twat in a heartbeat if he could recoup half of what he paid but he cant so he is stuck with the lazy overated twat. Give me the league one Zamora any day!

Blame Richie Morris - He used the phrase first. Though it was when Berba was good and with that North London club - Brentford I think...

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
its very simple offer him a new deal and if he accepts it brilliant, if not not get rid instead of losing him for nothing next year. Also with Liam Dickinson on his way out and Davies a nice proposition for a lower league 1 or top league 2 club and Forster gone we are gonna need 3/4 strikers at least for next season

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Do hope this comes to nothing the bloke is class.
Well documented that he was unhappy under Slade but since Poyet has come in every interview he has done he has been saying he is settled down here and likes working under Poyet. Granted he gets stupid cards but a bit of South American discipline over the summer will knock that out of him and I firmly believe he is the man to lead our line to promotion and would do a good job in the championship if/when we get there.
Not fussed about length of time on contract either if it came to it would much rather Murray for the season and risk losing him at the end of it for free than take a small fee from one of our promotion rivals for a very good player

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
It's a difficult one to call, I like Murray, but if the price is right we should sell. I don't like the idea of selling to a club in the same division as us though.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It's pretty hard to get too worked up in his favour after he's just had probably the most idiotic season of any player this side of South America. Every 5 to 10 games he did something astonishingly stupid.

Yeah, he's a good player, though I don't think he's been consistently as good as he was in his first 5 months at any time since then.

The problem is if he does go then Poyet will need to sign at least two quality strikers, which means serious money.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
I don't think we should sell him for less than a million and I don't think anyone would offer that, therefore we should keep him as next season I am confident he is going to be a GOAL MACHINE...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I can't see this. Clarke would not put up with him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here