Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield after Murray

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
If he does get sold should use the money on either Benson or Adam Le Fondre depending on which team doesnt go up in play offs

No...Wouldn't have either of them. Untried at this level and IF Murray was to leave then we would need to spend the money on a proven striker at this level not some lad who's had a half decent season in league 2!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We should be spending this summer improving the squad not spending money to replace players that are already up to the job and settled at the club

That, in a nutshell, is why it might be worth worrying, not mocking those that don't worship Gus's unproven ability to build a team having dismantled it. Somebody else f***ed up doing that not so long ago. He was also a Messiah pre season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's not just about his last sending off but his whole body language this season.

That's ridiculous - you're jumping to conclusions cos of his body language?! There's a reason we call him the lg 1 Berbatov - he's always been that way. He's finally come out and said he's happy this season - just cos of a few red cards people assume he's not. Murray is one of / the most gifted players we have. A shoe in to start if I were manager

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I like Murray and I'd be gutted if he was sold to one of our promotion rivals. But, and it's a big but, I do think Poyet and Bloom will have some ace cards up their sleeves.

I don't know who and I've heard nought. I still believe we will sign "big" names in the summer.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Maybe a swap could be on the table. They still got Theo Robinson/Robbie Simpson?

Yup and I'm pretty sure Robinson wants a move South. Simpson has been made available for transfer too. I'd take them both although I'd like us to get another striker in addition to them if Murray goes.

I am getting a tad sick of this attitude that Gus is some sort of messiah that can replace anyone who is anyone in the squad. He may have made a right coup with Calderon but he will not always be able to find some lower league Spanish player with long hair that will take the league by storm and make everyone slobber over him for 4 or 5 months like a raving homosexual.

I trust Gus, but the idea he will just be able to replace ANYONE is ridiculous. So what he has been on a scouting mission in South America? It doesn't mean he is going to bring back fat Ronaldo with him alongside Adriano and Robinho and it certainly doesn't mean we can just go about selling the core of the squad to other teams, especially a team who we need to aspire to this season or even better what they have done. We have already lost Crofts and Calderon, to lose Murray, a player of superior quality, would be catastrophic to our promotion bid.

I would have said the core of the squad was Brezovan,Calderon,Elphick,Crofts,Bennett and Murray. We have already lost two, let's not lose another. If Murray goes what is to say someone like Bennett, who could let's be honest do better than us, will think "all the other guy's are getting more money elsewhere, why don't I?

Anyway enough of my rambling aside Murray is a top player. If he is playing for this club and we are inevitably higher up the table then we will have a happy Murray and a happy Murray scores 2 at saint Mary's and destroys Wycombe with 4 goals.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
If we sell Murray it's a farce. I can't understand why we would want to. If the Dickinson rumours are also true then that leaves us witht the mighty Holroyd up front.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Because his dad's a rapist?

But if he were to go we'd have to hold out for a BIG club to come buy him like Norwich - Then he'd be even more like Berba - moving to a big club like :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
One of the few classy players we have. Made playing one up-front look easy.

That is a very very true comment. He does make it look easy and it aint!

His natural touch / finishing is a class above most in the lg

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Agree with WithdeanWanderer on this one, finding the 25 goal striker is hard enough, let alone a 15 goal striker too.
However, saying that, if we could swap Murray for any of their strikers, Rhodes (and we throw a bit of cash in), Novak (we get player + cash), or Robinson then i'd be fairly happy.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
get rid now. He wont sign a contract and although he is a good player his discipline is dreadful and he will never be top, top class unless he sorts that out, which i have seen no evidence of him doing in the time he has been here

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
get rid now. He wont sign a contract and although he is a good player his discipline is dreadful and he will never be top, top class unless he sorts that out, which i have seen no evidence of him doing in the time he has been here

How do you or anyone else know he wont sign a contract?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
:dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here