Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield after Murray

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is he the only player ever to get sent off for an off the ball incident that was spotted by either a ref or his assistant.

As regards those that say he doesnt want to be here have you ever watched his goal celebrations they really show he wants to leave, I dont think.

Unless Huddersfield offer a ridiculously high amount, like anything over £750k we should tell them to get lost and hope that he gets us promotion over them.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He has an attitude problem - get rid for whatever we can get - his last sending off was a disgrace.

Did Ferguson take that attitude with Cantona, when he got sent off twice in a week?

Even if Murray banged in 25 goals a season, there'd still be people on here criticising him because he doesn't play like a 1999 Gary Hart.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
My basic feelings on Murray...

Class Player when he wants to be
Utter bullshit of an attitude

I'm not saying he isn't a good player but unless Gus can sort out his discipline then it just isn't good enough, I'd be surprised if Huddersfield would trump what we paid for him so I would keep him just to see if he can sort it out. But then if he doesn't it may be to late to recoup any of the huge transfer fee.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Did Ferguson take that attitude with Cantona, when he got sent off twice in a week?

:laugh:oh god. I thought, just for a moment there, you were comparing world class wonderstriker ERIC CANTONA, with diving league one wantaway GLENN MURRAY.

How silly of me

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
:laugh:oh god. I thought, just for a moment there, you were comparing world class winderstriker ERIC CANTONA, with diving league one wantaway GLENN MURRAY.

How silly of me

Wantaway? Maybe formerly but not anymore if you look at his recent interviews. Will never understand the dislike of Murray on here, all for a silly little incident at Brentford.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The guy is class. I'd rather have a class player with attitude than a grafter without it. Seems we're gonna be left with the classless grafters if he goes..oh well that'll be 50% of the fans kept happy, especially if they come over and clap you after a 1-0 defeat.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
:laugh:oh god. I thought, just for a moment there, you were comparing world class wonderstriker ERIC CANTONA, with diving league one wantaway GLENN MURRAY.

How silly of me

yes, it was silly of you, as I was comparing the situations they've been in, not the players.:dunce:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
There really are some morons on here. Lets get rid of our best striker shall we :shootself

Do people really expect poyet to pull two or even three goalscorers out of thin air, it's hard enough finding a proven goal scorer at any time.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
get rid now. He wont sign a contract and although he is a good player his discipline is dreadful and he will never be top, top class unless he sorts that out, which i have seen no evidence of him doing in the time he has been here

That is SUCH a f***ing idiotic post that I could write a dissertation on it, and even then I would struggle to keep the word count under the specified limit.

Please never speak or type again for as long as you live.

entente cordiale

Nov 12, 2005
Glenn Murray oozes class at our level. Makes time for himself, holds he ball up, lovely touch, brings others into play and a very healthy goals to minutes on pitch ratio. I'd much rather see him up front than anyone else we've had since Bobby - including Leon and Nicky. Barnes looked useful, but is he available now he's shown his worth?

If he and girlfiend are absolutely determined to make home up north and money is right (at least 750 k), I guess he's got to go, but just watch him at the top of the goal charts helping Huddersfield to play offs at least...

Glenn Murray oozes class at our level. Makes time for himself, holds he ball up, lovely touch, brings others into play and a very healthy goals to minutes on pitch ratio. I'd much rather see him up front than anyone else we've had since Bobby - including Leon and Nicky. Barnes looked useful, but is he available now he's shown his worth?

If he and girlfiend are absolutely determined to make home up north and money is right (at least 750 k), I guess he's got to go, but just watch him at the top of the goal charts helping Huddersfield to play offs at least...

I thought that he had met a local girl and was quite happy and settled down here??

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
That is SUCH a f***ing idiotic post that I could write a dissertation on it, and even then I would struggle to keep the word count under the specified limit.

Please never speak or type again for as long as you live.

Explain what you disagree with and why.

Yes, let's get rid of Murray & keep Holroyd, Dickinson & Hart.
Other league 1 teams will be trembling in the thought of playing us next season!

***NO*** because Gus is going to sign a bearded, slightly tanned, spanish minister of flair who will take the league by storm and EASILY replace the core of our team...

Alas, that seems to be the popular consensus on here where as as you have rightly pointed out, Hart maybe the lone striker next season :love: What a cornucopia of goals he would spur.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Yes, let's get rid of Murray & keep Holroyd, Dickinson & Hart.
Other league 1 teams will be trembling in the thought of playing us next season!

You do realise Murray isn't the only striker in the world and that if we do sell him we are allowed to replace him and don't have to go with our current strikers.

Actually don't answer that, freak.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here