Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield after Murray

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Anyone hoping we should sell him is quite clearly an ignorant TWAT of the highest order.

If Poyet goes out and signs a couple of quality strikers then yes, that's brilliant, maybe Glenn is surplus.

But all the while our options are Chris "2 shots for the Albion so far" Holroyd, Liam "only scores in West Street" Dickinson, and Craig "barndoor" Davies, selling Murray (goal every 2 games) would be absolutely spectacularly stupid.

This. Yes, he gets sent off stupidly. But he's also a touch of real class, without which we can easily look like a very pedestrian side up front. Unless we need to get rid - or he wants away again - we need to hang onto him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone hoping we should sell him is quite clearly an ignorant TWAT of the highest order.

If Poyet goes out and signs a couple of quality strikers then yes, that's brilliant, maybe Glenn is surplus.

But all the while our options are Chris "2 shots for the Albion so far" Holroyd, Liam "only scores in West Street" Dickinson, and Craig "barndoor" Davies, selling Murray (goal every 2 games) would be absolutely spectacularly stupid.

Absolutely agree, too many Albion fans think players of Murray's quality grow on trees. We may not be able to go out and replace him that easily.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009

I see what you are saying, but then you could also say Gus currently has (estimation) £1m to spend on a striker or two, if he sold Glenn before purchasing those two strikers, he'd have (estimation) £1.5m to spend on a striker or two. Obviously it's a bit of a risk, but not completely out of the question.

He'll have it in his head already whether he wants Glenn to be in the starting 11 or not, if he doesn't, then it wouldn't be that crazy for him to sell him to boost his transfer budget. But as above, a bit risky.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This. Yes, he gets sent off stupidly. But he's also a touch of real class, without which we can easily look like a very pedestrian side up front. Unless we need to get rid - or he wants away again - we need to hang onto him.
Agreed. But is he happy here?

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
How lomg untill our first match? I wouldn't even worry.

9 Weeks. I never understand why people panic it's the same every close season. It's like they think Gus doesn't realise that he is selling/releasing players and has not signed any bar Painter and Brezovan. Chill out peeps Gus will sort it.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I've been expecting him to go this summer to be honest. I'd like him to stay because I think he's a very good player but I've had a gut feeling he might move on. If we can get good money for him and get someone new in then fair enough. Didn't Theo Robinson want a move south in January, perhaps we could organise some sort of part exchange. They've also made that Simpson lad available who's looked handy in the past.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Agreed. But is he happy here?

Dunno but he's looked pretty rejuvenated since Gus started gracing us with his presence, compared to how hangdog/northern he always looked under Slade.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can i ask one question - a lot of people have said it's clear he's not settled here / hearts not in it etc...

A yr ago we knew this was true but he seems to get on well with Gus and his attitude has been better this yr for sure despite a few red cards / bookings... I think you're assuming a lot to say he's not happy?

Just cos he got sent off vs Brizzle poeple say he's not happy - he had previous history with the player he nutted - nothing to do with him not being settled...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well he doesn't wave to us much, so obviously not.
:lolol:

But seriously, is he? If he's genuinely happy and therefore committed, then we absolutely need to keep him. If not, then sell him (although obviously I'd rather he went to team not in our division).

As a player, I think he's a class act at this level, but very much a confidence player.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Can i ask one question - a lot of people have said it's clear he's not settled here / hearts not in it etc...

A yr ago we knew this was true but he seems to get on well with Gus and his attitude has been better this yr for sure despite a few red cards / bookings... I think you're assuming a lot to say he's not happy?

Just cos he got sent off vs Brizzle poeple say he's not happy - he had previous history with the player he nutted - nothing to do with him not being settled...
It's not just about his last sending off but his whole body language this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
9 Weeks. I never understand why people panic it's the same every close season. It's like they think Gus doesn't realise that he is selling/releasing players and has not signed any bar Painter and Brezovan. Chill out peeps Gus will sort it.

Simple for 8 out of the last 9 seasons we have been ill prepared at the start of the season because we were last minute Harry's. We may not be this season but selling off our best players whilst retaining players who have not proved to being up to the job is reason to worry imo. I haven't seen enough of Gus to stick my head in the sand and just assume he has it all under control. He hasn't managed a club before and Bloom hans't been the chairman before, let's not assume they are both Messiah's in their own fileds. They may be but I'm still gonna worry :lolol:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

I agree. Would not be a good start to the summer if we've already lost Crofts, Calderon & Murray. These three are /were good enough to feature in play off chasing team.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone who is suggesting we get rid of him even if he IS happy and settled here is a complete moron, that's the whole crux of the issue.

If he's not happy here, get a good amount for him. If he IS happy here (which he seemed to be for the last few months of the season) we'd be INSANE to sell him.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If he does get sold should use the money on either Benson or Adam Le Fondre depending on which team doesnt go up in play offs

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Agreed, Murray has said several times that he's happy here now. I have to say that in the main WW is correct. Of course if Hudders wanted to offer £750000 plus then maybe but I think they are looking to get him on the cheap.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Anyone who is suggesting we get rid of him even if he IS happy and settled here is a complete moron, that's the whole crux of the issue.

If he's not happy here, get a good amount for him. If he IS happy here (which he seemed to be for the last few months of the season) we'd be INSANE to sell him.

Yeah I agree with this.

I can't remember the exact quote but didnt Poyet say he had some sort of special relationship with Murray?

I thought at the time perhaps that meant he's agreed he can go in the summer if he gives us 110% till the end of the season.

Could be reading far to much into it though.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I see what you are saying, but then you could also say Gus currently has (estimation) £1m to spend on a striker or two, if he sold Glenn before purchasing those two strikers, he'd have (estimation) £1.5m to spend on a striker or two. Obviously it's a bit of a risk, but not completely out of the question.

He'll have it in his head already whether he wants Glenn to be in the starting 11 or not, if he doesn't, then it wouldn't be that crazy for him to sell him to boost his transfer budget. But as above, a bit risky.

Murray scored 14 this season.

It's hard enough finding this mythical "25 goal a season man" we keep talking about, without having to worry about signing another 15 goal a season man (who is creative as well) while we're at it.

Throw in the fact that we need to spend money (and time scouting/negotiating) in other areas (right back, centre midfield, left midfield, possibly a goalkeeper) then it would suggest that selling Murray just for a few extra quid would be totally uneccessary. Unless Poyet is extremely confident he will sign 2 20+ goal strikers, it's pointless. And when you consider how hard we've found it to sign strikers since Zamora left, that's not going to be easy.

There's sadly still an element of people on here who dislike him because he's not an Alex Revell/Gary Hart 110% sort of player, because they only watch him at home games (when his best appearances have been away), because of the silly cards, and because he rubbed people up the wrong way with his transfer request.

Facts are though, he's a GOOD striker at this level. Not a great one, but not a bad one. But you CANNOT argue with his 1 in 2 ratio. Anyone who would rather he was playing against us next season then for us, for one of our potential promotion rivals, is an idiot.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It's not just about his last sending off but his whole body language this season.

Yeah - his body language when he dived into the crowd after scoring his 4th goal at Wycombe was really shit wasn't it?

Or when he milked his goals at Southampton and Leeds?

Yeah, Murray - shit body language, get rid.

:wozza:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
We have already said that we can't match wages of proven players at this level yet some people think we should sell the only player we have left who can score goals regularly at this level.

I think some on here are looking for things that aren't there, Murray attitude and body language are much improved since Poyet arrived an quite often Murray seems happy and smiling.

We should be spending this summer improving the squad not spending money to replace players that are already up to the job and settled at the club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here