Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will YOU celebrate the death of Margaret Thatcher?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Where do I say that I think its brilliant that Thatcher finished off certain industries, or that the north bore the brunt of the negative effects of Thatcherism.

I am British mate, I take no pleasure in seeing cities in our own country semi derelict, and people living blighted lives due to unemployment, or communities destroyed.

I am not saying that Thatcherism was right, if you can find a post where I do I will take my hat off to you.

I am just saying some of the pointless posturing about Dancing on Maggies Grave, That Witch, and all the other predictable meaningless guff, is very silly.

People down south were affected too, it wasnt as simple as all people south of Watford gap were wiping their arses on fifty pound notes while the northerners were living like the survivors in 'Threads'.

But deep down some people know that long term they did very well, no matter what they say publicly.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
And deregulating the banking industry and creating a greed is good culture within the city thereby directly leading to the complete disaster we are currently witnessing in the baking industry.

And closing down the UK manufacturing sector so now we are a service economy whoring ourselves out to the lowest bidder.

Me, I will quietly open a beer or 4 and toast those miners I know who lost their jobs, their homes and their families and wish them long life and what happiness they have been able to salvage from the witches actions.
What a wonderful romantic you are, I bet there are colonies of these poor souls living on landfill sites, back alleys and drop in cetres coming to life at midnight almost zombie like banging there begging bowls chanting "Thatcher dead" lol of course those that got compo from white knucle syndrome and breathing disorders wont bee seen anywhere, btw it's all very well saying on here that some will celibrate her death with a party or a few jars down the local, in reality we know that aint gonna happen!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I worked for an insolvency practice in the 1980's, we LOVED what she did for our business.
I used to be an accountant in the 1980's, I left the country in disgust for what woman and her slavering bunch of toadies did.

And then we got Tony Blair who should have corrected it all, after all Fat-Boy Hull promised they were going to renationalise the railways, and the neo-Tory lizard just sold off even more.:angry:

I thought the best joke on this subject was made by Hugh Boyle, he said on MTW that all the Scots ex-miners would personally assemble to dig a mine-shaft in memory of her, so deep that they could make sure she met the devil in person!:angel:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
What a wonderful romantic you are, I bet there are colonies of these poor souls living on landfill sites, back alleys and drop in cetres coming to life at midnight almost zombie like banging there begging bowls chanting "Thatcher dead" lol of course those that got compo from white knucle syndrome and breathing disorders wont bee seen anywhere, btw it's all very well saying on here that some will celibrate her death with a party or a few jars down the local, in reality we know that aint gonna happen!

All those incompetent teachers that educated you for speling certainly did well...I bet they're not in drop-in centres right now.

What a well argued response as usual from yourself.

You really do your side proud with your erudition don't you.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
At least she got to be PM the proper way - not like the current fuckwit ( although I wouldn't celebrate his death either ).

I think you will find that both Thatcher and Brown became PM via identical routes, being the elected leaders of their respective parties.

Unless I am missing something, or we have finally become the 51st state of the USA that we are but all in name, people vote for individual MP's in the UK, not a Prime Minister.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I used to be an accountant in the 1980's, I left the country in disgust for what woman and her slavering bunch of toadies did.

And then we got Tony Blair who should have corrected it all, after all Fat-Boy Hull promised they were going to renationalise the railways, and the neo-Tory lizard just sold off even more.:angry:

I thought the best joke on this subject was made by Hugh Boyle, he said on MTW that all the Scots ex-miners would personally assemble to dig a mine-shaft in memory of her, so deep that they could make sure she met the devil in person!:angel:

Is that Frankie's brother?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think you will find that both Thatcher and Brown became PM via identical routes, being the elected leaders of their respective parties.

Unless I am missing something, or we have finally become the 51st state of the USA that we are but all in name, people vote for individual MP's in the UK, not a Prime Minister.
and of course , you were parroting that bollox when major was pm.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
All those incompetent teachers that educated you for speling certainly did well...I bet they're not in drop-in centres right now.
Know your right, my english teacher drove off beachy head in our final year, I kid you not ! anyway dont pull the spelling card on me when I posted my genuine view of so called Thatcher haters who have adopted miners as their pets in arguments, my dads late brother was a miner in Kent and I dont remember him looking to lynch Thatcher, in fact the one thing I do remember was how quickly he got another job and got on with life!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I saw a newspaper picture from the political campaign
A woman was kissing a child, who was obviously in pain
She spills with compassion, as that young childs
Face in her hands she grips
Can you imagine all that greed and avarice
Coming down on that childs lips

Well I hope I dont die too soon
I pray the lord my soul to save
Oh Ill be a good boy, Im trying so hard to behave
Because theres one thing I know, Id like to live
Long enough to savour
Thats when they finally put you in the ground
Ill stand on your grave and tramp the dirt down

When england was the whore of the world
Margeret was her madam
And the future looked as bright and as clear as
The black tarmacadam
Well I hope that she sleeps well at night, isnt
Haunted by every tiny detail
cos when she held that lovely face in her hands
All she thought of was betrayal

And now the cynical ones say that it all ends the same in the long run
Try telling that to the desperate father who just squeezed the life from his only son
And how its only voices in your head and dreams you never dreamt
Try telling him the subtle difference between justice and contempt
Try telling me she isnt angry with this pitiful discontent
When they flaunt it in your face as you line up for punishment
And then expect you to say thank you straighten up, look proud and pleased
Because youve only got the symptoms, you havent got the whole disease
Just like a schoolboy, whose heads like a tin-can
Filled up with dreams then poured down the drain
Try telling that to the boys on both sides, being blown to bits or beaten and maimed
Who takes all the glory and none of the shame

Well I hope you live long now, I pray the lord your soul to keep
I think Ill be going before we fold our arms and start to weep
I never thought for a moment that human life could be so cheap
cos when they finally put you in the ground
Theyll stand there laughing and tramp the dirt down

For many many years this song summed up everything I felt about Maggie. However, today mortality has taught me never to wish for someone else's death.

It should be a quite funeral as she deserves no plaudits for what she has done or did but I will take no pleasure in her death nor do I wish for her quick passing.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Maybe.....

Just a bit embarrassed for him in that every time you post something he pops up 3 minutes later giving you a reach-around.
where have i done that mate ? pointed out some innacuracies in a statement maybe , whats your problem ? you've basically failed to present any real argument , so your trying to wind me up with pseudo trendy phrases like "reach around".......cock

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here