Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will YOU celebrate the death of Margaret Thatcher?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The coal industry didn't die, it was murdered by political will. Also, a handful of brokers in a community suffering a bit of hardship is hardly the same as a whole community suddenly losing their livelihood!!!

Also, I am not saying you personally created the sub prime market but it was your industry that got us in this mess through mismanagement and greed.

The ignorance is staggering. If you call a 40% dessimation of the industry in 1year " a handful ". 12000 and that many fold people affected is more than " a handful " in my book. The whole industry will be destroyed by the end of 2010. Now I know as I am only " a suit " no one gives a shit but I do and am very f***ed off and angry.

The mortgage brokering industry did not create the sub prime situation. The LENDERS did. Also the FSA sat in their air conditioned offices in Canary Wharf and did the square root of f*** ALL to keep the lenders in check and did NOTHING to reign in or question Northern Rock. So bark up a different tree when your ignorance is corrected.

Bankruptcies and insolvencies this year will make the Thatcher years look very small fry. Personally I will celebrate when Brown and this Labour party f*** off and never darken our tv screens again.

They are New Labour only in name, they are really a quasi Tory party, even the right wingers on here must be able to see that.

I will spend the day wondering why posing middle class Southerners act and talk like they are Yorkshire miners or something, instead of the main beneficiaries of Thatcherism.

It's probably not altruism, as time and time again the most vociferious left wingers on here show they do not really care about changes in peoples communities due to the importation of cheap labour by 'capitalist fat cats', if they are not directly affected themselves.

Good point about the "capitalist fat cats", but since 1979 we haven't had a government in this country that has done anything to prevent the income of cheap foreign labour, so companies can make huge profits.
If we actually had a true left wing or slightly left wing government in power I personally think some of this migration for cheap labour would have been lessened.
The cheap labour imported labour is a classic example of "market forces" at work, and all it does is exploit the workers coming over here and the workers already over here, but remember it's good for business!

The ignorance is staggering. If you call a 40% dessimation of the industry in 1year " a handful ". 12000 and that many fold people affected is more than " a handful " in my book. The whole industry will be destroyed by the end of 2010. Now I know as I am only " a suit " no one gives a shit but I do and am very f***ed off and angry.

The mortgage brokering industry did not create the sub prime situation. The LENDERS did. Also the FSA sat in their air conditioned offices in Canary Wharf and did the square root of f*** ALL to keep the lenders in check and did NOTHING to reign in or question Northern Rock. So bark up a different tree when your ignorance is corrected.

And the current government sat back and let the poorly regulated financial industry just do what it liked, the trouble is that people of a right wing disposition on this message board cannot see that Thatcher started all the deregulation off.
It was continued under Major and then Blair and Brown, some writers on here have said the Brown and Blair rode on the back of Kenneth Clarke's policies.
So what I can't understand is when people on here can't wait for the Tories to get in when they are so similar to New Labour, and probably would have done f*** all about regulating the financial sector in a proper manner too.
I really honestly don't think the Tories would have done anything much different in the handling of the out of control financial industry this country has had in the past few years.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Good point about the "capitalist fat cats", but since 1979 we haven't had a government in this country that has done anything to prevent the income of cheap foreign labour, so companies can make huge profits.
If we actually had a true left wing or slightly left wing government in power I personally think some of this migration for cheap labour would have been lessened.
The cheap labour imported labour is a classic example of "market forces" at work, and all it does is exploit the workers coming over here and the workers already over here, but remember it's good for business!

Thats my point mate. Funny how market forces are bad for the Groovy Gang when shipbuilding dries up on the Clyde or Tyne for romantically working class Northerners or jocks, but people in London can go hang, as they are nasty working class tories who earn far too much anyway plumbing, and moaning about immigration in an embarassingly unenlightened way. And going to Dubai on holiday.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Thats my point mate. Funny how market forces are bad for the Groovy Gang when shipbuilding dries up on the Clyde or Tyne for romantically working class Northerners or jocks, but people in London can go hang, as they are nasty working class tories who earn far too much anyway plumbing, and moaning about immigration in an embarassingly unenlightened way. And going to Dubai on holiday.

I think that is hugely hypocritical of you. You're as guilty as your opponents on that count.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Bunch of Nazis

Such a well reasoned arguement :glare:

So we should celebrate someone dying who was democratically elected against the policies she declared that clearly persuaded enough people to agree with her to get her into Government three times !!!!

At least she got to be PM the proper way - not like the current fuckwit ( although I wouldn't celebrate his death either ).

If not celebrating a fellow human beings death makes me a Nazi then I'll go and dust off my jackboots. At least I'll be a Nazi with a dash more humanity than a leftie fuckwit who thinks death is to be celebrated !

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
how exactly ?

Just flip his argument round,

Funny how market forces are great when Thatcher unleashed them upon the Northern working class, but now i'm on the receiving end it's a national disgrace.

left,right you're as bad as each other

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Funny how market forces are great when Thatcher unleashed them upon the Northern working class, but now i'm on the receiving end it's a national disgrace.

but he's not saying that at all, he is highlighting hypocrisy.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

haha you are barking up the wrong tree so massively mate you wouldnt believe it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here