Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much is the Referendum Campaign influencing you?

Has the Campaign changed your mind?

• Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – still think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 85 31.0%
  • Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – now think ‘STAY’

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – now ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – still think ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – now think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 19 6.9%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – now think ‘STAY’

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – still think ‘STAY’

Votes: 119 43.4%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – now think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – now ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 8 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
When the Iron Curtain finally toppled in 1989, it was because of economics, not military power.
Yes, I totally agree. That was the denouement. However, let's suppose that NATO hadn't been there. Remember tanks ruling into Prague, Warsaw and Hungary? We could well have added London to that list without NATO.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, I totally agree. That was the denouement. However, let's suppose that NATO hadn't been there. Remember tanks ruling into Prague, Warsaw and Hungary? We could well have added London to that list without NATO.

NATO was unable to prevent Prague, Warsaw and Hungary being downtrodden even when they had uprisings.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I agree that a European army would devalue NATO. I think Putin will like that.

Putin would like a few things.

He'd like the EU to fragment so the sanctions against him fall apart.

He'd like Donald J Trump to win the US Presidency and pull out of NATO.

He seems to have a fair chance of getting some of his wishes, and there could be dancing in the corridors of the Kremlin later this year.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
NATO was unable to prevent Prague, Warsaw and Hungary being downtrodden even when they had uprisings.
Yes it was. But those countries were not at any point part of it. So I wouldn't have expected any different. Had Russian tanks rolled into Germany I suspect NATO would have acted.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Putin would like a few things.

He'd like the EU to fragment so the sanctions against him fall apart.

He'd like Donald J Trump to win the US Presidency and pull out of NATO.

He seems to have a fair chance of getting some of his wishes, and there could be dancing in the corridors of the Kremlin later this year.
Yes, off topic to the EU vote it may be, but it's interesting that Putin and that North Korean guy both want Trump to win.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
What I'm really annoyed about is the way that both camps are portraying the other in such terrible stereotypes - with the "brexiters" being portrayed as racist, swivel eyed loons, and the "remainer's" being portrayed as terrorist hugging, weak willed Judases. It's ridiculous.

I'm voting out, on the basis that there are models that we can follow that are available if we do leave, i.e. Australia and some of the Nordic countries. I'm not 100% clued up on the individual details, but I'm hopeful that as a country we COULD go it alone. If someone could, without bias or prejudice, explain otherwise, then great.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes it was. But those countries were not at any point part of it. So I wouldn't have expected any different. Had Russian tanks rolled into Germany I suspect NATO would have acted.

Germany was split in two!!!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Out for me. No question whatsoever. And I don't care it there's a cost in terms of a temporary downturn in the economy, families temporarily less well-off (and all the other scaremongering from the government) ... it would be well worth a small blip in order to rid ourselves of this EU lunacy. Mid to long term I am convinced Britain will be far better off outside of the EU.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Out for me. No question whatsoever. And I don't care it there's a cost in terms of a temporary downturn in the economy, families temporarily less well-off (and all the other scaremongering from the government) ... it would be well worth a small blip in order to rid ourselves of this EU lunacy. Mid to long term I am convinced Britain will be far better off outside of the EU.

Seconded. I also think if we leave then other countries will have the vote and follow.
Let's face it. There are 28 countries in the EU.
There are 50 countries in Europe.
There are 195 countries in the World.

Vote LEAVE and let's go Global !

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

This with ding dong bells on.

No-one mentions the 'deal' that Dodgy Dave got us - what deal??. Or that our money defintily won't be used to bail out Greece - it was. Greece is still a basket case, as is Spain and Italy. They will drag us all down. No matter how good out economy is, we wont be able to save Greece, Spain and Italy. Cut and run and let the Froggies and Krauts sort it out as they made the mess in the first place. Its just not going to work this Euro thing and we'll get sucked into the vortex on its way down if we are part of it. The Eu is in a very very bad way and DESPERATLY needs our cash, thats why they are going mad for us to stay in.

I can't stand Dodgy Dave. I am a manual labourer but the thought of putting myself in a position where i cannot vote out the leaders of my country in 4 years time if i dont like them would give my nightmares. Thats dictatorship.

I am a son of an immigrant, my wifes mother is an immigrant - from outside the EU (we can't get her family to visit even becuse of the tightening of the non-EU immigrants to 'keep the numbers down'). My brothers wife is from Italy. And we are all going to vote Leave....

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Seconded. I also think if we leave then other countries will have the vote and follow.
Let's face it. There are 28 countries in the EU.
There are 50 countries in Europe.
There are 195 countries in the World.

Vote LEAVE and let's go Global !

So will you be wanting to negotiate all the trade deals that a large proportion of the rest of that world have with the EU that we will be outside of?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
This with ding dong bells on.

No-one mentions the 'deal' that Dodgy Dave got us - what deal??. Or that our money defintily won't be used to bail out Greece - it was. Greece is still a basket case, as is Spain and Italy. They will drag us all down. No matter how good out economy is, we wont be able to save Greece, Spain and Italy. Cut and run and let the Froggies and Krauts sort it out as they made the mess in the first place. Its just not going to work this Euro thing and we'll get sucked into the vortex on its way down if we are part of it. The Eu is in a very very bad way and DESPERATLY needs our cash, thats why they are going mad for us to stay in.

I can't stand Dodgy Dave. I am a manual labourer but the thought of putting myself in a position where i cannot vote out the leaders of my country in 4 years time if i dont like them would give my nightmares. Thats dictatorship.

I am a son of an immigrant, my wifes mother is an immigrant - from outside the EU (we can't get her family to visit even becuse of the tightening of the non-EU immigrants to 'keep the numbers down'). My brothers wife is from Italy. And we are all going to vote Leave....

And you seriously believe what you just wrote?

Yep go ahead and vote out, if you can find the box on the form

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
So will you be wanting to negotiate all the trade deals that a large proportion of the rest of that world have with the EU that we will be outside of?

Not quite sure what you mean.
The UK can trade with the remaining EU countries the same as the other 160 odd do...... i take it that the other countries in Europe (tho not in the EU) and all the other countries worldwide have/can "negotiate" their own deals.
Do you think that the EU will pull the plug on us, it's service industries it owns in the UK, AND the amount it exports to us, considering we export rather less to them.
Man up, we shall do just fine, especially when the other prosperous nations leave the EU......leaving it with the high in debt countries.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
And you seriously believe what you just wrote?

Yep go ahead and vote out, if you can find the box on the form

Yes I seriously believe in what I wrote. Thats called 'being in a democracy' - we get to vote on what we like and dont Like. UNLIKE being part of the EU. Do you know how many citizens of European Countries voted for Jean-Claude Juncker as the leader of the EU ?? As you don't seem so bright and result to insults when someone challanges your ideas, I'll give you a nice big clue: its a single figure, nice and round one.

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Not quite sure what you mean.
The UK can trade with the remaining EU countries the same as the other 160 odd do...... i take it that the other countries in Europe (tho not in the EU) and all the other countries worldwide have/can "negotiate" their own deals.
Do you think that the EU will pull the plug on us, it's service industries it owns in the UK, AND the amount it exports to us, considering we export rather less to them.
Man up, we shall do just fine, especially when the other prosperous nations leave the EU......leaving it with the high in debt countries.

So why then do Norway and Switzerland pay for the privilege (more than we do by the way) to have all the same trade arrangements that EU members do?

And they have to agree to free movement too

But I'm.sure you knew that

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So why then do Norway and Switzerland pay for the privilege (more than we do by the way) to have all the same trade arrangements that EU members do?

And they have to agree to free movement too

But I'm.sure you knew that

Considering Norway and Switzland are among the happiest places to live in the world i suspect they are happy to accept that is a price to pay..

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Yes I seriously believe in what I wrote. Thats called 'being in a democracy' - we get to vote on what we like and dont Like. UNLIKE being part of the EU. Do you know how many citizens of European Countries voted for Jean-Claude Juncker as the leader of the EU ?? As you don't seem so bright and result to insults when someone challanges your ideas, I'll give you a nice big clue: its a single figure, nice and round one.

Nobody voted for Cameron as pm. They voted for MPs who then can change the leader.

Juncker is voted on by the MEPs that you voted for.

Also you know about subsidiarity? The rule thay says that power is held at the lowest level possible therefore reflecting that items that are not matters for Europe wide can and should be decided at the lowest level possible e.g council or region or national government. The idea that Brussels goes round throwing its weight on all and everything is clearly not factually correct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here