Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much is the Referendum Campaign influencing you?

Has the Campaign changed your mind?

• Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – still think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 85 31.0%
  • Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – now think ‘STAY’

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – now ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – still think ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – now think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 19 6.9%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – now think ‘STAY’

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – still think ‘STAY’

Votes: 119 43.4%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – now think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – now ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 8 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If we didn't have border controls, there wouldn't be migrant camps in Calais & Dunkirk.

precisely
with zero border controls they would all have arrived here many moons ago, along with all their mates followed by a constant tide of economic migrants either claiming asylum or disappearing into the black economy.
Thank heaven most people think complete open borders is madness.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The trouble is you put one little cross next to the name of a representative of a party and that is seen as a massive endorsement of every single policy they have (and, in respect of a top down reorganisation of the NHS, a policy they didn't even have in their manifesto!).

Very true but we can vote em out at the next General election. The EU could bring in a directive or regulation which no UK political party supports or had in their manifesto, that our government then opposes but is defeated via Qualified majority voting, who do we vote out?

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
Just watched the vote leave broadcast and thought Joseph Goebbels couldn't have produced such blatant lies, falsehoods, misrepresentation and propaganda. I shall therefore be voting to remain!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Just watched the vote leave broadcast and thought Joseph Goebbels couldn't have produced such blatant lies, falsehoods, misrepresentation and propaganda. I shall therefore be voting to remain!

What was it as bad as the remain broadcast with all their falsehoods and scaremongering

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Ha ha you din ,shall we have total war as well???
regards
DR

The trouble with all TV documentaries on this subject is that they have to be neutral and finish up anodyne. Remain might be slightly happier with this one than Leave - it doesn't happen all the time but on this occasion the Remain talking heads (except GO, as always) seemed more sympathetic than the Leavers. None of the business people was impressive but the hovercraft woman and, particularly, Mr Weatherspoon were a bit weird. If I got an overall message it was that it would definitely be tough after a Brexit but it might get better in two or three years. I thought the £4,300 claim got an easier ride than the £350m one. I'm trying to be even-handed but those of a Leave disposition will probably disagree with all of this. I'd like to hear their views.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Has it come to this that the leave are now saying 'vote leave and you can always come back if it doesn't work out'

Some very expensive experiment that with no evidence to support it but lots to go against it

The Leave standpoint - and always has been - is that if you vote Remain the politicians will make damn sure there is never another referendum, never another chance to get out, even though the EU drive towards the United States of Europe will go into overdrive after Britain votes to remain. Frankly, staying is the very expensive experiment, but it looks as if greed and the self-serving of financial interests - the economic argument - will fool enough of the people enough of the time to sacrifice their country to The Greater Europe.

Tragic.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

The broadcast was inept; no blatant lies, falsehoods, misrepresentation and propaganda, just a very poor broadcast. Joseph Goebbels could doubtless have provided blatant lies, falsehoods, misrepresentation and propaganda by the bucket load, had they been required. Of course, though, Goebbels was a German who tried to conquer Europe and place it all under German dominance, so he would doubtless have offered his full support to the remain campaign.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
The broadcast was inept; no blatant lies, falsehoods, misrepresentation and propaganda, just a very poor broadcast. Joseph Goebbels could doubtless have provided blatant lies, falsehoods, misrepresentation and propaganda by the bucket load, had they been required. Of course, though, Goebbels was a German who tried to conquer Europe and place it all under German dominance, so he would doubtless have offered his full support to the remain campaign.

Think I have to disagree - the film postulated that if we leave the EU A&E departments will be empty - you really cannot be serious! I know what it was designed to do and aimed at our less thoughtful brethren. If that's not disgraceful propaganda I don't know what is. I doubt to if he would have offered full support to the remain campaign as he wouldn't have wanted Great Britain at the table so he would have supported the leave campaign. In my view what I have seen so far the leave campaign have have provided blatant lies, falsehoods and misrepresentation by the bucket load!

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Think I have to disagree - the film postulated that if we leave the EU A&E departments will be empty - you really cannot be serious! I know what it was designed to do and aimed at our less thoughtful brethren. If that's not disgraceful propaganda I don't know what is. I doubt to if he would have offered full support to the remain campaign as he wouldn't have wanted Great Britain at the table so he would have supported the leave campaign. In my view what I have seen so far the leave campaign have have provided blatant lies, falsehoods and misrepresentation by the bucket load!

My god you don't know your second world war history do you! Goebbles was a master at propaganda, misinformation, deceit and manipulation. At the beginning Goebbles encouraged anti-Semitism and a totalitarian state alongside the other manic politicians of Nazi ideaology. Many times Goebbels shifted in his hedgemony to help gain a German dominated Europe. Fool. :mad:

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
My god you don't know your second world war history do you? Goebbles was a master at propaganda, misinformation, deceit and manipulation. At the beginning Goebbles encouraged anti-Semitism and a totalitarian state alongside the other manic politicians of Nazi ideaology. Many times Goebbels shifted in his hedgemony to help gain a German dominated Europe. Fool.

My point exactly - Britain in acts a counter balance to German or any other country wanting to dominate Europe. So that's why we should vote to remain and that's apart from the lies and untruths put forward by the leave campaign. Idiot!

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
My god you don't know your second world war history do you! Goebbles was a master at propaganda, misinformation, deceit and manipulation. At the beginning Goebbles encouraged anti-Semitism and a totalitarian state alongside the other manic politicians of Nazi ideaology. Many times Goebbels shifted in his hedgemony to help gain a German dominated Europe. Fool. :mad:

One of the funnier typos I have seen. Wondering what that would look like.. (I'm neither creative or clever enough to come up with a good shrubbery/philosophy pun)

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The Leave standpoint - and always has been - is that if you vote Remain the politicians will make damn sure there is never another referendum, never another chance to get out, even though the EU drive towards the United States of Europe will go into overdrive after Britain votes to remain. Frankly, staying is the very expensive experiment, but it looks as if greed and the self-serving of financial interests - the economic argument - will fool enough of the people enough of the time to sacrifice their country to The Greater Europe.

Tragic.

If this really is the leave standpoint then it shows the paucity of their argument.

It's like saying jump off a cliff now as you may never have another chance.

Rather they should be spending time persuading why we should jump off a cliff and what will happen when we hit the ground. They haven't done that....

And as for big business. How many of the leave campaigners are from merchant banks, hedge funds, landed or inherited wealth? I'd say a similar proportion.

Let's be honest, the leave campaign main thrust and main point is let's keep those foreigners out. The broadcast last night was clear on that. There are people out there who are daft enough to believe that all those darkies and pakis will go home when we leave Europe. That's the base argument and mentality of many of the leave morons

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Most of those who are keen to remain in the EU are either part of the Establishment or have no idea or interest in how the Establishment works. It is the unseen powerbase behind all the major countries in the world. Their sole purpose is to protect and strengthen self-interest. The financial markets/banking systems, political structures, judiciary and bureaucracy of the world are controlled by them. When there is a threat of major instability such as the rise of the Nazi party, drastic measures have to be taken. Pacifists such as Chamberlain and Halifax were cast aside in favour of a war-monger. The Establishment know the importance of the Jewish contribution to world affairs and Germany was threatening to destabilise and eradicate. They had to be stopped. When Kennedy was starting to make the status quo in the USA uncomfortable with his proposed changes, drastic action had to be taken and likewise with his brother. Martin Luther King was pushing the civil rights movement forward too quickly for some in the Establishment. Result...drastic action. They couldn't stop certain things happening but they could sure as hell slow them down.
The European Union is in place to protect the Establishment and their self-interest. Germany vowed in 1945 that if they couldn't control Europe politically then they would control it economically and fair play to them, they have succeeded. They are the puppet-master, pulling the strings and calling the shots. You will never rid Germany of its inbred arrogance and its desire to suppress and control. The French, never renown for loyalty, quickly sided with their former oppressors and took great delight in sticking two fingers up to its previous allies across the water. The Conservative government crawled sickeningly up the backsides of the French and Germans to join this elite group and maintain the Establishment status quo. All against the wishes of its own people. No referendum. Nothing.
And now we have people walking around in this country declaring that they feel more European than British!!! The brainwashing has worked. The slow and steady erosion of identity of this proud island race. The Establishment lean back in their leather chairs, in their clubs and smile a smug, self-satisfied smile that all is well in the world. You can't beat them and they know they are on safe ground. The government will win the vote. The majority of the undecided ( and there are many of those ) have not formulated any views, through lack of interest or intelligence and will, like lemmings, follow the wishes of their leaders. Change is bad, they hear and they panic. Lost jobs, lost prosperity, lost power. They will swallow it all and vote to remain in the EU, subservient to Germany and betraying the efforts of their forebears in fighting to preserve our independence and our right to self-govern.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Most of those who are keen to remain in the EU are either part of the Establishment or have no idea or interest in how the Establishment works. It is the unseen powerbase behind all the major countries in the world. Their sole purpose is to protect and strengthen self-interest. The financial markets/banking systems, political structures, judiciary and bureaucracy of the world are controlled by them. When there is a threat of major instability such as the rise of the Nazi party, drastic measures have to be taken. Pacifists such as Chamberlain and Halifax were cast aside in favour of a war-monger. The Establishment know the importance of the Jewish contribution to world affairs and Germany was threatening to destabilise and eradicate. They had to be stopped. When Kennedy was starting to make the status quo in the USA uncomfortable with his proposed changes, drastic action had to be taken and likewise with his brother. Martin Luther King was pushing the civil rights movement forward too quickly for some in the Establishment. Result...drastic action. They couldn't stop certain things happening but they could sure as hell slow them down.
The European Union is in place to protect the Establishment and their self-interest. Germany vowed in 1945 that if they couldn't control Europe politically then they would control it economically and fair play to them, they have succeeded. They are the puppet-master, pulling the strings and calling the shots. You will never rid Germany of its inbred arrogance and its desire to suppress and control. The French, never renown for loyalty, quickly sided with their former oppressors and took great delight in sticking two fingers up to its previous allies across the water. The Conservative government crawled sickeningly up the backsides of the French and Germans to join this elite group and maintain the Establishment status quo. All against the wishes of its own people. No referendum. Nothing.
And now we have people walking around in this country declaring that they feel more European than British!!! The brainwashing has worked. The slow and steady erosion of identity of this proud island race. The Establishment lean back in their leather chairs, in their clubs and smile a smug, self-satisfied smile that all is well in the world. You can't beat them and they know they are on safe ground. The government will win the vote. The majority of the undecided ( and there are many of those ) have not formulated any views, through lack of interest or intelligence and will, like lemmings, follow the wishes of their leaders. Change is bad, they hear and they panic. Lost jobs, lost prosperity, lost power. They will swallow it all and vote to remain in the EU, subservient to Germany and betraying the efforts of their forebears in fighting to preserve our independence and our right to self-govern.
If this is true, then surely they'll engineer a remain vote ?

And Cameron will soon be dangling from a bridge or enjoying polonium in his tea for even offering a refendum ? ???

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I am fed up with being lied to on a daily basis
I started off wanting to leave . . . and I still do
Both sides are coming up with rubbish though which, if it isn't actually an outright lie, is at best a distortion of the truth stretched to fit their own case
The funniest things I have seen though are people who cannot stand the sight of each other - like Cameron and Khan - sharing a platform

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Obviously it's close, the polls are swinging one way then the next, but, like the Scottish referendum.... there is a general trend towards Brexit at the business end of this saga... not a mighty swing .. no.. but enough to give comfort to other wavering Leave voters in the pool of those currently undecided.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here