Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much is the Referendum Campaign influencing you?

Has the Campaign changed your mind?

• Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – still think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 85 31.0%
  • Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – now think ‘STAY’

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – now ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – still think ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – now think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 19 6.9%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – now think ‘STAY’

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – still think ‘STAY’

Votes: 119 43.4%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – now think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – now ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 8 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is the swing to Brexit in the polls an engineering from the establishment to scare remain supporters into turning out at the ballot box ? ???

This is finally getting interesting.

D

Deleted member 22389

I am fed up with being lied to on a daily basis
I started off wanting to leave . . . and I still do
Both sides are coming up with rubbish though which, if it isn't actually an outright lie, is at best a distortion of the truth stretched to fit their own case
The funniest things I have seen though are people who cannot stand the sight of each other - like Cameron and Khan - sharing a platform

Honestly forget both campaigns. If you are wanting to Leave just look online, youtube for Videos of Europe, Brussels. There is loads of information about. I think it highlights more what a real mess the EU is in. Your getting the truth here.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
If this is true, then surely they'll engineer a remain vote ?

And Cameron will soon be dangling from a bridge or enjoying polonium in his tea for even offering a refendum ? ???

Cameron wouldn't have offered a vote unless he was sure he was going to win. Those that really matter and influence have given him the nod that its going to be ok. It may be a little loser than they first thought and that is why he and Osborne are ramping up the scare-mongering. Just to make sure that the undecided are pushed in the right direction.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Cameron wouldn't have offered a vote unless he was sure he was going to win. Those that really matter and influence have given him the nod that its going to be ok. It may be a little loser than they first thought and that is why he and Osborne are ramping up the scare-mongering. Just to make sure that the undecided are pushed in the right direction.

Edit.....replace the word ' loser ' with ' closer '.....slight difference!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Honestly forget both campaigns. If you are wanting to Leave just look online, youtube for Videos of Europe, Brussels. There is loads of information about. I think it highlights more what a real mess the EU is in. Your getting the truth here.

And of course you can rely on Gove, ids and Boris Johnson to deliver open and honest, non corrupt government

And in other news, elvis has just married shergar

Edit - and of course, youtube is clearly going to be 100% reliable.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Most of those who are keen to remain in the EU are either part of the Establishment or have no idea or interest in how the Establishment works. It is the unseen powerbase behind all the major countries in the world. Their sole purpose is to protect and strengthen self-interest. The financial markets/banking systems, political structures, judiciary and bureaucracy of the world are controlled by them. When there is a threat of major instability such as the rise of the Nazi party, drastic measures have to be taken. Pacifists such as Chamberlain and Halifax were cast aside in favour of a war-monger. The Establishment know the importance of the Jewish contribution to world affairs and Germany was threatening to destabilise and eradicate. They had to be stopped. When Kennedy was starting to make the status quo in the USA uncomfortable with his proposed changes, drastic action had to be taken and likewise with his brother. Martin Luther King was pushing the civil rights movement forward too quickly for some in the Establishment. Result...drastic action. They couldn't stop certain things happening but they could sure as hell slow them down.
The European Union is in place to protect the Establishment and their self-interest. Germany vowed in 1945 that if they couldn't control Europe politically then they would control it economically and fair play to them, they have succeeded. They are the puppet-master, pulling the strings and calling the shots. You will never rid Germany of its inbred arrogance and its desire to suppress and control. The French, never renown for loyalty, quickly sided with their former oppressors and took great delight in sticking two fingers up to its previous allies across the water. The Conservative government crawled sickeningly up the backsides of the French and Germans to join this elite group and maintain the Establishment status quo. All against the wishes of its own people. No referendum. Nothing.
And now we have people walking around in this country declaring that they feel more European than British!!! The brainwashing has worked. The slow and steady erosion of identity of this proud island race. The Establishment lean back in their leather chairs, in their clubs and smile a smug, self-satisfied smile that all is well in the world. You can't beat them and they know they are on safe ground. The government will win the vote. The majority of the undecided ( and there are many of those ) have not formulated any views, through lack of interest or intelligence and will, like lemmings, follow the wishes of their leaders. Change is bad, they hear and they panic. Lost jobs, lost prosperity, lost power. They will swallow it all and vote to remain in the EU, subservient to Germany and betraying the efforts of their forebears in fighting to preserve our independence and our right to self-govern.

Does it not occur to you that the so called 'establishment' would have more control of the country if we left the EU?

As for Chamberlin, he led the war for 8 months in which the BEF were on retreat heading for the beaches of Dunkirk. Do you think, with Hitler advancing to the French channel coast, the fate of Britain should have been left in his care?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Obviously it's close, the polls are swinging one way then the next, but, like the Scottish referendum.... there is a general trend towards Brexit at the business end of this saga... not a mighty swing .. no.. but enough to give comfort to other wavering Leave voters in the pool of those currently undecided.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If that's the truth and we leave, I need to seriously get my sh together and look to sell, sell, sell.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Most of those who are keen to remain in the EU are either part of the Establishment or have no idea or interest in how the Establishment works. It is the unseen powerbase behind all the major countries in the world. Their sole purpose is to protect and strengthen self-interest. The financial markets/banking systems, political structures, judiciary and bureaucracy of the world are controlled by them. When there is a threat of major instability such as the rise of the Nazi party, drastic measures have to be taken. Pacifists such as Chamberlain and Halifax were cast aside in favour of a war-monger. The Establishment know the importance of the Jewish contribution to world affairs and Germany was threatening to destabilise and eradicate. They had to be stopped. When Kennedy was starting to make the status quo in the USA uncomfortable with his proposed changes, drastic action had to be taken and likewise with his brother. Martin Luther King was pushing the civil rights movement forward too quickly for some in the Establishment. Result...drastic action. They couldn't stop certain things happening but they could sure as hell slow them down.
The European Union is in place to protect the Establishment and their self-interest. Germany vowed in 1945 that if they couldn't control Europe politically then they would control it economically and fair play to them, they have succeeded. They are the puppet-master, pulling the strings and calling the shots. You will never rid Germany of its inbred arrogance and its desire to suppress and control. The French, never renown for loyalty, quickly sided with their former oppressors and took great delight in sticking two fingers up to its previous allies across the water. The Conservative government crawled sickeningly up the backsides of the French and Germans to join this elite group and maintain the Establishment status quo. All against the wishes of its own people. No referendum. Nothing.
And now we have people walking around in this country declaring that they feel more European than British!!! The brainwashing has worked. The slow and steady erosion of identity of this proud island race. The Establishment lean back in their leather chairs, in their clubs and smile a smug, self-satisfied smile that all is well in the world. You can't beat them and they know they are on safe ground. The government will win the vote. The majority of the undecided ( and there are many of those ) have not formulated any views, through lack of interest or intelligence and will, like lemmings, follow the wishes of their leaders. Change is bad, they hear and they panic. Lost jobs, lost prosperity, lost power. They will swallow it all and vote to remain in the EU, subservient to Germany and betraying the efforts of their forebears in fighting to preserve our independence and our right to self-govern.

Amazingly, Churchill's speeches during that war, and after, point to his wanting closer union with Europe. Look it up.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Amazingly, Churchill's speeches during that war, and after, point to his wanting closer union with Europe. Look it up.
Kind of right. After the war he said:

'We must build a kind of United States of Europe. In this way only will hundreds of millions of toilers be able to regain the simple joys and hopes which make life worth living.'

Seems like a great argument for remainers until you read what else he said:

'We see nothing but good and hope in a richer, freer, more contented European commonality. But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked but not compromised. We are interested and associated but not absorbed.'

This keeps being misquoted all over the place.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Kind of right. After the war he said:

'We must build a kind of United States of Europe. In this way only will hundreds of millions of toilers be able to regain the simple joys and hopes which make life worth living.'

Seems like a great argument for remainers until you read what else he said:

'We see nothing but good and hope in a richer, freer, more contented European commonality. But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked but not compromised. We are interested and associated but not absorbed.'

This keeps being misquoted all over the place.

His grandson says Churchill would have been for remain. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36253224

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can tell you what my dear old grandad would have wanted for just about anything since he's also been dead a long time.

My Dad died in 1998, and said we should have carried on to defeat Russia even though we had been allies against the Nazis.
A strong Europe is still a force against Putin.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Don't want my grandson to be stuck with bailing out every lame duck economy those un-elected idiots in the EU want to saddle us with-Leave.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Don't want my grandson to be stuck with bailing out every lame duck economy those un-elected idiots in the EU want to saddle us with-Leave.

How old is your grandson? And I'm assuming you want is to leave the imf too

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My Dad died in 1998, and said we should have carried on to defeat Russia even though we had been allies against the Nazis.
A strong Europe is still a force against Putin.
A strong NATO is a force against Putin.

Europe will never amount to anything militarily.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A strong NATO is a force against Putin.

Europe will never amount to anything militarily.

Funnily enough I was in the company of Dr Julian Lewis recently, (who is a Brexiter) who warned that Europe is aiming to have a European army which would devalue NATO. He is on the Defence Select Committee.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Funnily enough I was in the company of Dr Julian Lewis recently, (who is a Brexiter) who warned that Europe is aiming to have a European army which would devalue NATO. He is on the Defence Select Committee.
I agree that a European army would devalue NATO. I think Putin will like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here