Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much is the Referendum Campaign influencing you?

Has the Campaign changed your mind?

• Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – still think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 85 31.0%
  • Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – now think ‘STAY’

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – now ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – still think ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – now think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 19 6.9%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – now think ‘STAY’

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – still think ‘STAY’

Votes: 119 43.4%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – now think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – now ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 8 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Considering Norway and Switzland are among the happiest places to live in the world i suspect they are happy to accept that is a price to pay..

Indeed but we currently get that for a lot less. Same rules but with a say on them which Norway and Switzerland dont have

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
So the poster has a different opinion to yours..... i daresay he can still "find the box on the form" however much you try to insult.

Sure it's an opinion

One with little basis in fact amd largely led by the kind of inaccurate scaremongering that brought us last night's referendum broadcast by the leave campaign

But an opinion none the less

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Nobody voted for Cameron as pm. They voted for MPs who then can change the leader.

Juncker is voted on by the MEPs that you voted for.

Also you know about subsidiarity? The rule thay says that power is held at the lowest level possible therefore reflecting that items that are not matters for Europe wide can and should be decided at the lowest level possible e.g council or region or national government. The idea that Brussels goes round throwing its weight on all and everything is clearly not factually correct.

I would disagree with your statement about 'no one voted for Cameron as pm'. That is not how people perceive a general election. Often (and it's not a view I would take) people say 'oh I'm voting for that nice Mr Cameron or whoever. The importance of a party's leader is paramount, hence why so many people don't consider labour electable under Corbyn.

As for subsidiarity, your explanation works except that Brussels DOES throw it's weight about when a government makes a decision it doesn't agree with.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
I would disagree with your statement about 'no one voted for Cameron as pm'. That is not how people perceive a general election. Often (and it's not a view I would take) people say 'oh I'm voting for that nice Mr Cameron or whoever. The importance of a party's leader is paramount, hence why so many people don't consider labour electable under Corbyn.

As for subsidiarity, your explanation works except that Brussels DOES throw it's weight about when a government makes a decision it doesn't agree with.

Juncker has less powers than a country prime minister. He doesn't set policy and he doesn't have a cabinet

Europe doesn't 'throw' its weight around. It has clear boundaries about what it doesn't and does get involved in. Of course there is human rights which the echr is separate to the EU and we will still be signed up to it

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
So why then do Norway and Switzerland pay for the privilege (more than we do by the way) to have all the same trade arrangements that EU members do?

And they have to agree to free movement too

But I'm.sure you knew that

And how are Norway and the Swiss economy doing seeing as they have to "pay for the privilege"........ seems they are doing pretty well with the "privileges" that they have negotiated, and indeed those that they do not have to agree/negotiate because they are NOT in the EU.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
And how are Norway and the Swiss economy doing seeing as they have to "pay for the privilege"........ seems they are doing pretty well with the "privileges" that they have negotiated, and indeed those that they do not have to agree/negotiate because they are NOT in the EU.

But the two main struts of the out campaign are that we pay £350m per week to the EU (we don't, we pay £150m per week) and that the movement of people causes immigration issues

Yet the very models of economy that Boris Johnson held as a model for us outside EU has the same free movement rules plus they pay £195m per week. And they don't get to influence (or vote or even veto) the rules they have to abide by. That's Stockholm syndrome of the highest order

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
But the two main struts of the out campaign are that we pay £350m per week to the EU (we don't, we pay £150m per week) and that the movement of people causes immigration issues

Yet the very models of economy that Boris Johnson held as a model for us outside EU has the same free movement rules plus they pay £195m per week. And they don't get to influence (or vote or even veto) the rules they have to abide by. That's Stockholm syndrome of the highest order

So why are Norway and the Swiss not in the EU..... why do their deals outside the EU make them the two richest nations in Europe. What part of when you are out of the EU you do NOT have to abide by EU rules do you not understand.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
So will you be wanting to negotiate all the trade deals that a large proportion of the rest of that world have with the EU that we will be outside of?

Believe it or not the world will still exist after a no vote and the EU will come to us as we are to valuable to them to be tossed aside. We will also be able to get agreements with whoever we like and not be dictated too by some tinpot ruling government in Brussels. Take a chill pill and stop abusing people like Cameron and his cronies because the going is getting tough

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011

Sounds like you aught to move to a communist country, or a totalitarian state. Try North Korea, oh wait you don't need to. You already subscribe to the EU ideology.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So why are Norway and the Swiss not in the EU..... why do their deals outside the EU make them the two richest nations in Europe. What part of when you are out of the EU you do NOT have to abide by EU rules do you not understand.

Firstly, they are not the two richest countries in Europe, assuming you are basing this on GDP per capita. Secondly, where is your evidence that it is their deals outside the EU that make them rich? With regard to Norway, i suspect oil is the only reason they are where they are in the list (that and the fact there are only 5m of them).

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
But isn't having more people supposed to be good?

Yes that's what remainers tell us.....think of the gdp and taxes....now i am confused.....

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Sure it's an opinion

One with little basis in fact amd largely led by the kind of inaccurate scaremongering that brought us last night's referendum broadcast by the leave campaign

But an opinion none the less

More insults. You really are a bell end. Not only did I not see the program you refer to, but I am actually capable of looking at information and coming up with a conclusion based on those facts on my own. I don't watch any of the cr@p on TV, don't watch the news and come up with what i consider would be best for me and my country. You obviously come up with a different conclusion and thats fine. But I dont call you a mindless moron for coming up with a different conclusin. I might think it, but i don't say it.

The thought of the UK being controlled by other nations who are NOT after our best interests at heart makes me vote Leave - we really have no power to veto anything the EU proposes as we are just one vote against all the others. Nothing to do with immigration, as I said I am the son of an immigrant, my wifes mother is an immigrant and my brothers wife over 25 years is Italian and we all are voting Leave for that reason.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
More insults. You really are a bell end. Not only did I not see the program you refer to, but I am actually capable of looking at information and coming up with a conclusion based on those facts on my own. I don't watch any of the cr@p on TV, don't watch the news and come up with what i consider would be best for me and my country. You obviously come up with a different conclusion and thats fine. But I dont call you a mindless moron for coming up with a different conclusin. I might think it, but i don't say it.

The thought of the UK being controlled by other nations who are NOT after our best interests at heart makes me vote Leave - we really have no power to veto anything the EU proposes as we are just one vote against all the others. Nothing to do with immigration, as I said I am the son of an immigrant, my wifes mother is an immigrant and my brothers wife over 25 years is Italian and we all are voting Leave for that reason.

I have immigrants in my family, admittedly over 125yrs ago but, immigration is a MASSIVE issue in this referendum. I vote Leave.

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I have immigrants in my family, admittedly over 125yrs ago but, immigration is a MASSIVE issue in this referendum. I vote Leave.

I couldnt agree more. Just not for me personally. Thats what makes us a democracy - the fact that we can vote how we want to and if we want to be a part of it or not and the rest of us needs to go along with the majority decision whether we agree with it or not. hate to say it - just like the EU isn't. Ask any Germans and French people how they feel about being in the EU - they didn't have a voice and we do.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Believe it or not the world will still exist after a no vote and the EU will come to us as we are to valuable to them to be tossed aside. We will also be able to get agreements with whoever we like and not be dictated too by some tinpot ruling government in Brussels. Take a chill pill and stop abusing people like Cameron and his cronies because the going is getting tough

The quickest trade deal with the EU has taken 7 years to finalise. So, in a way I hope out wins so I can keep coming back and reminding people just how this mess was so obvious to avoid but without any compelling reason people voted to leave.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005

I understand what you've written but it's just plain wrong. They have to abide with free movement of people as part of that trade deal.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Sounds like you aught to move to a communist country, or a totalitarian state. Try North Korea, oh wait you don't need to. You already subscribe to the EU ideology.

What part of what I posted is ideology? It's a factual answer based on publicly available data.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I've largely avoided the saturation media coverage, for me it's just an instinctive thing more than being swayed by any spin/hyperbole.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005

In what way are we 'controlled' by Europe?

Any more so than say Sussex is controlled by Westminster perhaps?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here