Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much is Bloom worth.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Rich enough to have a full time team of 50+ people gambling his own money (we are talking 7 figures a day) and bringing in healthy returns, allegedly....

You worry about not embarrasing yourselves for the 3rd time by going into administration (the shame) and we'll worry about ourselves. As you are aware, we are more than cautious...

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I along with everybody else on here, have no clue about the Bloom family wealth. But one thing we can probably all say, is that after what happened to us over the last fifteen years, most things are a lot more transparent. But as you have learned, the family are firm supporters, something that you lot bang on about on your forum. They/Tony will have enough to sustain things until we become self financing. You do not know how much CMS is worth, but let me tell you that West Ham offered £4.1 million for him, and we got him for far less. As for you finishing three places above us, I don't think so.

Last edited:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
If the Bloom family are wealthy and life long Brighton fans, why has it taken so long for them to invest in their beloved club?

Missed our 15 year battle for a stadium, did you? What would have been the point in spending millions on players without having a base to build on? And, for your information, Bloom had been investing heavily in the club for several years before he took over as chairman.

Palace4ever

Apr 13, 2011
How much are the new Palace owners said to be worth just out of curiosity.?

Not too sure of an exact figure. I think the owner's combined personal wealth is a little shy of £1bn. Parish's wealth has been estimated in the £100m + and Martin Long founded Churchill and sold it for over a £1.2 billion, I think he pocketed several hundred million from the deal.

Thankfully, the board have indicated this week that the club are not running at a loss at the moment, and any imbalance that they will 'absorb' is likely to reach a couple hundred thousand rather than towards the million mark. But they are continuously looking to keep the club running at its own cost. On that basis we are not too worried about their personal wealth as we hope they won't have to dip into it much.

FWIW I have no real concern how loaded Bloom is, and having read the BBS and this site I am finding the constant digging around his finances a little embarassing as it shoudln't really concern us. I think the reason that it has happened though is the constant gloating we get from you guys for spanking £xm left, right and centre whilst inferring we are 'cash-strapped'. Then all of a sudden when we bring up some proud records we have (such as our long stint in the top two divisions) you guys bring up the admin shit and the fact we lived beyond our means.

This is a two-way street and it appears that you are now doing the same. If you dish it, expext to take it. I do, however, concede that the constant questioning on this subject is getting tedious.

Interestingly, there is a thread on the BBS that is worth reading where some of our more diplomatic and 'reasonable' posters did a little digging around Tony Bloom and found that there is considerable 'evidence' from various reputable, non-biased websites claiming that Bloom's actual wealth is in the £10's of millions rather than 100's of millions. If so, the ground is effectively mortgaged to him, and if he doesn't reach his ambition of Prem footie, the money bubble could burst.

As it happens, I don't want to see any club go through what we went through in the last 10 years (even you lot).

Wow - I have been respectful to Brighton fans....I need to take a shower!

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Straight question. Answers with back up please, no guestimates.

A question like this from a club that hadn't been into administration - TWICE - might be considered acceptable.

Coming from a follower of CP - who have royally f***ed over their creditors - TWICE - it is unbelievable.

My answer - mind your own f***ing business.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If the Bloom family are wealthy and life long Brighton fans, why has it taken so long for them to invest in their beloved club?

There are some unbelievably gormless Palace fans out there

larus

The thing which a lot of people seem to forget is Tony Bloom has funded the ground/straining facilities from his own wealth.

With ANY other club in the country where some rich benefactor has come in, they have 'invested' with the aim of making money, and the added bonus of having the 'basic' building blocks in place, i.e. a ground. They often aim for the premier league to get the big bucks, make their profit and then maybe sell-on or take their wedge. If it goes tits-up, the creditors are left with the debts.

TB has put a shit-load of his OWN money in, looking to build for the future because he is a fan. He's not a chancer (he may like a play poker, but this is akin to me playing the lottery). The money is lent to the club, interest free until 2023 (if I remember correctly), and if the club can't afford to reply, then it gets converted to shares.

There's no way TB can be compared to any of the chancers like Tangoman, Gold/Sullivan, Ridsdale, Glaziers, etc.

To ask how much he's worth is also a really stupid question and shows ignorance. Unless his money is sitting in cash (yeah, right), it's cgoing to be invested in property, shares, investments. When you have this amount of wealth, it's value ois going to be changing every day/week/month. For example, lets say he has £1bn invested in UK shars and then share prices drop over 6 months by 10%, he's lost £100m. Therefore, due to the complexities of valuing 'wealth' the question is pointless.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Seriously, are you not worried that it's the lower end of the scale? You could have your very own Simon Jordan on your hands. He is splashing far too much cash for it's worth. CMS is nowhere near the value you have paid, and £92m for that tiny stadium is frankly stupid.
How do you know what cms is worth?actually he is worth it as in a poor side in the championship he scored 10 goals and with us it will be 15+,with players like maynard valued at 5 million and billy sharp valued at 4 million then i think we have done well as those two are sick notes and get around 15 goals a season.

Much more to CMS's game than just banging in the goals that i can assure you:)

Bloom is worth around 500-600k at least i reckon:)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I along with everybody else on here, have no clue about the Bloom family wealth. But one thing we can probably all say, is that after what happened to us over the last fifteen years, most things are a lot more transparent. But as you have learned, the family are firm supporters, something that you lot bang on about on your forum. They/Tony will have enough to sustain things until we become self financing. You do not know how much CMS is worth, but let me tell you that West Ham offered £4.1 billion for him, and we got him for far less. As for you finishing three places above us, I don't think so.

:lol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How exactly are we leaving beyond our means? Season ticket sales alone are estimated to bring in £600,000 a MONTH of revenue for the next 9 months at least (as well as the £1.8m already come in), which is money going straight into the clubs pocket rather than Blooms or anyone elses. The AMEX deal would have been hefty, as well as any other sponsorships, promotion prize money etc etc. We sold Bennett, lost some other high earners off the books, it is only CMS that has actually meant we 'spent' anything in terms of wages and transfer fees.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
LIke nearly all Palace fans, he doesn't WANT to grasp it, far easier to stay in denial and ramp up the homophobic comments, which litter that sad thread.

This is the point of my first post on this thread.

It doesn't matter how many times they get told and told and told and told, it hurts them - REALLY f***ing HURTS THEM - to acknowledge that a lifelong Brighotn fan has put his money where his mouth is and come up with the goods out of his own pocket.

Let them indulge in their tiresome infantile rantings from La La Land. The truth is something they're just not interested in.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Harry Bloom was investing in the club in the 80's until he died. Ray Bloom was one of those helping us to survive when we lost the Goldstone. That is the family money but Tony has made his own fortune without any inheritance being taken into account.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
How do you know what cms is worth?actually he is worth it as in a poor side in the championship he scored 10 goals and with us it will be 15+,with players like maynard valued at 5 million and billy sharp valued at 4 million then i think we have done well as those two are sick notes and get around 15 goals a season.

Much more to CMS's game than just banging in the goals that i can assure you:)

Bloom is worth around 500-600k at least i reckon:)

Billy Sharp is no sick note, he gets twenty goals a season, and would have been worth every penny.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The stadium is going to be self financing (aside from the playing budget) as it has a restaurant which is going to be open 7 days a week, conference facilities and Christmas parties which have sold out completely already. There was a wedding there last Saturday and many more booked.
When you have a ground that resembles a council rubbish tip or supermarket car park, that notion may be a little hard to grasp.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting

you hung around so long outside mcdonalds, why did it take you so long to go in and ask for a happy meal???

who knows?? but they have now and its looooooking good

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Why does the wealth of our chairman bother a Palace fan? Do any Albion fans really give a shit who owns Palce and how much he/they are worth? Is that all they have to knock us with at the moment.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Then all of a sudden when we bring up some proud records we have (such as our long stint in the top two divisions) you guys bring up the admin shit and the fact we lived beyond our means.

Not really "shit" though is it. It is facts really. Not nice to have to live with I suppose. And makes the "proud record" look well, a little shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here