Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much is Bloom worth.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not too sure of an exact figure. I think the owner's combined personal wealth is a little shy of £1bn. Parish's wealth has been estimated in the £100m + and Martin Long founded Churchill and sold it for over a £1.2 billion, I think he pocketed several hundred million from the deal.

Thankfully, the board have indicated this week that the club are not running at a loss at the moment, and any imbalance that they will 'absorb' is likely to reach a couple hundred thousand rather than towards the million mark. But they are continuously looking to keep the club running at its own cost. On that basis we are not too worried about their personal wealth as we hope they won't have to dip into it much.

FWIW I have no real concern how loaded Bloom is, and having read the BBS and this site I am finding the constant digging around his finances a little embarassing as it shoudln't really concern us. I think the reason that it has happened though is the constant gloating we get from you guys for spanking £xm left, right and centre whilst inferring we are 'cash-strapped'. Then all of a sudden when we bring up some proud records we have (such as our long stint in the top two divisions) you guys bring up the admin shit and the fact we lived beyond our means.

This is a two-way street and it appears that you are now doing the same. If you dish it, expext to take it. I do, however, concede that the constant questioning on this subject is getting tedious.

Interestingly, there is a thread on the BBS that is worth reading where some of our more diplomatic and 'reasonable' posters did a little digging around Tony Bloom and found that there is considerable 'evidence' from various reputable, non-biased websites claiming that Bloom's actual wealth is in the £10's of millions rather than 100's of millions. If so, the ground is effectively mortgaged to him, and if he doesn't reach his ambition of Prem footie, the money bubble could burst.

As it happens, I don't want to see any club go through what we went through in the last 10 years (even you lot).

Wow - I have been respectful to Brighton fans....I need to take a shower!
All this blabbler about wealthy chairmans is hilarious it really is,i recall a certain pair called archer and bellottie who sold our ground and ruined us.Now im pretty sure those two back in the 90's were worth around 600 million yet sold our ground for 10 million?

Its all tosh unless the chairman actually spends:)

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
There are some fans around who have spare cash to spend on their "it runs in the family" football club. Tony Bloom is following in the footsteps of Jack Walker (Blackburn), Jack Hayward (Wolves), David Whelan (Wigan), Doug Ellis (Villa), Steve Gibson (Middlesborough), etc

Simon Jordan was no more than an insurance salesman. What did he do to build up the infrastucture of Palace to put it on a sound financial footing. No better than Bill Kenwright really - they both have their own clubs at heart but lack the funds to make a real difference.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
CMS is nowhere near the value you have paid, and £92m for that tiny stadium is frankly stupid.

Have we travelled in time and have i lost 4 years? That is how long his contract is. If he helps us up into the top flight or helps establish us as a championship club and keeps the fans coming (with the help of other players, obviously) then he shall prove his worth - more so if we do get promoted with his assistance.

Roll out the barrel...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Billy Sharp is no sick note, he gets twenty goals a season, and would have been worth every penny.

O really
2007–2010 Sheffield United played 51 scored (8)
2009–2010 → Doncaster Rovers (loan) played 33 scored (15)
2010–2011 Doncaster Rovers played 29 scored (15)

Case closed

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am finding the constant digging around his finances a little embarassing as it shoudln't really concern us. I think the reason that it has happened though is the constant gloating we get from you guys for spanking £xm left, right and centre whilst inferring we are 'cash-strapped'.
You estimate your owners are worth £1.2 billion or so. So why would you worry if some Brighton fans say you are cash strapped? Don't blame them for a Palace fan starting this thread, it's obvious no one here would know the answer anyway.

Interestingly, there is a thread on the BBS that is worth reading where some of our more diplomatic and 'reasonable' posters did a little digging around Tony Bloom and found that there is considerable 'evidence' from various reputable, non-biased websites claiming that Bloom's actual wealth is in the £10's of millions rather than 100's of millions. If so, the ground is effectively mortgaged to him
I have no knowledge of TB's wealth, but to think that it's in the 10s rather than 100s of millions is extremely naive. As if anyone would have leant him £100 million to build a stadium on land he doesn't own.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
£92m for our stadium is stupid? The quality of the ground convinced hoards to buy 1901 packages, we even had to extend the offer.

I am curious. Do you know what sort of income we are set to receive?

As said earlier in the thread, Palace fans would seem to be bricking it. The balance has been readdressed.

As for comparing Bloom to Jordan. We have a wealthy and cultured man in charge. He is lightyears ahead of a city spiv that got lucky with a mobile phone shop.

Roll out the barrel...

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
its a good question , i have often wondered exactly how much Mr Bloom has in the kitty , but on reflection he could be the richest guy on the planet or down to his last 2 bob , the difference between Mr Bloom and many (not all ) chairman owners ect is that he is a Brighton supporter and this plain and simple fact endears him even greater to Brighton fans and if there was a vote right now i would imagine if the choice was given we could have any other owner ect they wouldn't get a look in .

If you finish above Brighton this season well done have a cigar

The current edition of Sussex Life has an article on the 50 richest people in Sussex. Tony Bloom comes in at 23rd, with an estimated wealth of £50 million. The author (who I think is the same guy that compiles the Sunday Times Rich List) is aware of the size of the funding that TB has put into the stadium, but says that Bloom's largest pot is the income from Blue Lizard Consulting, estimated to be under £8 million in the last year that accounts are available. He also says that the £50 million is a "conservative estimate".

I haven't got the exact figures to hand, btw - this is what I remember from browsing through Sussex Life in Waitrose, this afternoon.

Feb 14, 2010
Palace fans seem to miss the point, this spending seems to be within season ticket and other revenue the club generates. Tony Bloom spent his £100 Million on the new ground. As such how much Tony Bloom is worth misses the point. Its also none of our business that he plays £Million hands of poker.

May 26, 2004
Hassocks
The current edition of Sussex Life has an article on the 50 richest people in Sussex. Tony Bloom comes in at 23rd, with an estimated wealth of £50 million. The author (who I think is the same guy that compiles the Sunday Times Rich List) is aware of the size of the funding that TB has put into the stadium, but says that Bloom's largest pot is the income from Blue Lizard Consulting, estimated to be under £8 million in the last year that accounts are available. He also says that the £50 million is a "conservative estimate".

I haven't got the exact figures to hand, btw - this is what I remember from browsing through Sussex Life in Waitrose, this afternoon.

I also saw the Sussex Life issue; not well researched, I'm afraid.... where was Chris Kidger of Friday Ad fame - he was in the top 50 last year but has mysteriously dropped away, dispite his business being worth many millions (and he being the only shareholder).

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yes i think these palace fans need to realise we have made 16-20 million already and the new merchandise hasn't even kicked off yet:)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Palace fans? Lifelong supporters?

Or is it 'investing in the club to expect a healthy return and walking out leaving the club in a bigger heap of shit than the one they walked in on'?

Or selling Selhurst for redevelopment on the pretence of building a new stadium but at the last moment announcing a groundshare at The Valley ?

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
How much Tony Bloom has or hasn't got is beside the point, except that he has found in excess of £100m and put it in the club. IMO the issue is in the how has he invested in the club, and what the club are doing with the money.

The how, well as i understand it is in the form of an interest free loan, which at the end of its term can be converted into shares. This is important, because the club is not commited to huge repayments of interest or debt. Thats money that stays for the playing budget.He could have loaded the club with debt or short term loans, but he hasn't.

Second , he's mostly invested in income generation, as that is basically what the stadium is. The money is being made to work. No stadium, no 1901 club, no huge season ticket sales, no corporate events. And what else is he spending on, well a new training ground and players, or investing in success on the pitch to keep all those lovely punters coming back, next year and the year after and on into the future.

Is there a risk? Well of course. There is in any football club, any business. Success can't be guranteed , but the foundations for long term financial stability are in place.
What do we need to watch out for? Well we need to see what money is paid out to directors and in dividends to shareholders. We also need to watch out for the Glazer manoeuvre of loading personal debt into the company.

On the whole though, i dont think i'd want to swap our owner with any other in the football league.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I think it is legitimate to ask where the money has come from and Tony has not really helped in respect of this by being vague about the nature and size of his fortune (which he has the absolute right to do so). I think fans of the club also have the right to ask (especially given our history).

The latest guess is in this months Sussex Life where they again estimate £50 million. They mention the poker playing (he has made no real money from this IMHO) and Premierbet (again no real money made here IMHO). Also mentioned are property (no details), Blue Lizard (5.4million) and four "other companies" (10 million). This info is pretty consistent with what has been mentioned for the last couple of years now and I have no idea how accurate it is.

What can not be denied is that the stadium is built, players are being bought and a new training ground is planned. Another fact is that Tony owns most of the shares in the club. However, strictly speaking it is NOT correct to say that we definately know that this has all been paid for by Tony. It may well be that Tony paid for all this - or Tony could have put some of the money in and is a front for money from other individuals - or Tony has put in some of the money and borrowed against other assets.

I personally hope it is all his own money - but I think no one can deny that he has been particularly good at concealing the source of his wealth thus far.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
How you can compare the business skills of Simon Jordan to Tony Bloom is beyond me. I was working for T Mobile when they bought Jordans business for about the same money Bloom paid for the Amex. People were staggered by what they found when the got inside the business and saw how it had been run......and not in a good way!
That says more about the idiots that paid up without checking.
As for jordan being orange have you seen your chairman.A two foot tall smeagol
theskinnyjeanprojectdotblogspotdotcom.jpg

Oh my precious stadium.:clap:

Feb 14, 2010
If they keep spending within season ticket, corporate, naming rights and other revenue, which so far they clearly are well within that, then there is no issue. This simple concept seems beyond a few palace fans because their spending has been through other people's money, and then failing to pay them back. Brighton are light years away from this because they can afford it because they are selling twice as many season tickets than palace sell, have a corporate revenue stream, naming rights and a waiting list for new season tickets. Its speanding what Brighton has, its hard to swallow for the Nigel's but they need to move on for their own good

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Not too sure of an exact figure. I think the owner's combined personal wealth is a little shy of £1bn. Parish's wealth has been estimated in the £100m + and Martin Long founded Churchill and sold it for over a £1.2 billion, I think he pocketed several hundred million from the deal.

Thankfully, the board have indicated this week that the club are not running at a loss at the moment, and any imbalance that they will 'absorb' is likely to reach a couple hundred thousand rather than towards the million mark. But they are continuously looking to keep the club running at its own cost. On that basis we are not too worried about their personal wealth as we hope they won't have to dip into it much.
You have to wonder why this group of extremely wealthy individuals decided to pay only 1% of what Crystal Palace owed when they took over.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
That says more about the idiots that paid up without checking.
As for jordan being orange have you seen your chairman.A two foot tall smeagol
theskinnyjeanprojectdotblogspotdotcom.jpg

Oh my precious stadium.:clap:
As resemblances go it's about as good as Colchester's stadium and the Amex.

keep trying though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here