Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much is Bloom worth.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You mean other than him spending about £100 Million from his own pocket on the Amex?
And covering loses while at Withers and paying for a new training ground.

Hope you are alright in yourself Fruity.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
How you can compare the business skills of Simon Jordan to Tony Bloom is beyond me. I was working for T Mobile when they bought Jordans business for about the same money Bloom paid for the Amex. People were staggered by what they found when the got inside the business and saw how it had been run......and not in a good way!

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Love this post on their forum:

"Bloom is on the financial gamble of his life....Premiership or bust!
Every search you can conduct only puts his personal wealth at £50M...
My guess is that he has agreed to service a number of loans until the pay back date.....with the hope they make it to the Premiership....
Because in true financial terms that £90m debt will be £180m in 10 years time..... and the ground that cost a reported £93m is worth???
£2/5m land value.....
There are no details of any of this wheeler dealing and the BHA account ....well are just short of a joke...
Huge debts and losses of £5m last year.....
This sad lot are in denial.....bless em!"

Hahahahahahahahaha

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He has to be richer than the whole of the CPFC consortium put together though , £105m on the stadium plus £15M on the academy training complex all as an interest free loan which he may not want back as the stadium is a nest egg to hand over to his son when he retires. A reliable poster suggested that a property deal in the last year or so netted Tony a £500M profit but if you're that wealthy you don't boast about personal worth because the taxmen are interested.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
The fact is he has invested his own money without saddling the club with debt so even if he had overstretched himself we as a football club have very little to fear.

It really is clutching at straws to speculate that we may go bust simply based on the fact that Bloom's finances are not public knowledge. And it's also worth noting that our new stadium has opened up multiple new revenue streams so even without our wealthy chairman we'd have far more money to spend this season thanks to the Falmer factor.

Brighton has long been a popular destination for conferences and events and the stadium allows us to enjoy a share of the pie.

With no debts and over twice as many season tickets sold as Palace we're a far wealthier outfit, even without considering big Tone's personal wealth.

It all ads up. Best to just get used to it

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
baldeagull68 can't even grasp the fact that the stadium was paid for in cash and is an interest free loan.

LIke nearly all Palace fans, he doesn't WANT to grasp it, far easier to stay in denial and ramp up the homophobic comments, which litter that sad thread.

CPFC1985

Jul 11, 2011
If the Bloom family are wealthy and life long Brighton fans, why has it taken so long for them to invest in their beloved club?

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I haven't assumed anything, I have asked a question to those better in the know. Seems you don't know the answer. I'd be worried.

Tick tock.

I've always thought you were one of the more reasonable Palace posters, but on this thread you're coming across as a bit on an idiot. We're not worried, as the Albion is in Bloom's blood and we know (better than you, as we had to overcome it the correct way), what crippling debt and poor ownership can do to a club.

Despite what you say, your posts smack of worry that we are clearly aiming to be successful. As others have said, apart from spending large on the ground/training facilities, our playing budget is held at a sustainable level meaning we will remain financially secure. How much, exactly, are the Palace owners worth?

Oh, and as for your post stating it was stupid paying £100m on a new stadium - that is one of the funniest things I have read in a while, do you think we should have stayed at Withdean?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here