League away tkt 10
Cup home tkt 20
Cup away tkt 10

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
109 grounds watching the Albion, 37 seasons following the club, blue member since the scheme was set up, been buying away tickets from the club to build up ticket history.................... loyalty points 0.

In the words of Johnny Rotten, Ever feel that you've been cheated.

Last edited:

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
0 points. Did a number of home and away games using my fan number last season - guessing that we only start getting points for those that we go to this coming season? So Purchase History means nothing?

NOT a rant, just a genuine question!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
On club site it says loyalty points are being loaded with completion by this Thursday. Could it be they have only loaded the season ticket points so far? I only say as Ken Brown mentions awarding the loyal away following so perhaps the match by match tickets are being added as the week progresses?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
1901 members 1030
Season tkt purchase 1000
Withdean season tkt 10/11 250
Young Seagull member 50

League home tkt 10
League away tkt 10
Cup home tkt 20
Cup away tkt 10

That means that a person who buys individual tickets for all 23 league games has less than a quarter of the points of a STH. I fully support giving STH priority but it does seem unduly skewed against those who are not.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
0 points. Did a number of home and away games using my fan number last season - guessing that we only start getting points for those that we go to this coming season? So Purchase History means nothing?

Perhaps in the eyes of Ken Brown the club did not exist before 2012?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
On club site it says loyalty points are being loaded with completion by this Thursday. Could it be they have only loaded the season ticket points so far? I only say as Ken Brown mentions awarding the loyal away following so perhaps the match by match tickets are being added as the week progresses?

There's nothing in the announcement to suggest any loyalty for past activity beyond having a Withdean season ticket.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
There's nothing in the announcement to suggest any loyalty for past activity beyond having a Withdean season ticket.

Not even this bit?

"It also gives us the opportunity to reward those fans who were with us at Withdean, particularly those who regularly travel away from home

How would they award the latter if they do not load the history.

You may be right but given the history is there on the system it would seem an odd move not to account for those transactions

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill

Which seems fair to me as last season it wasn't announced we would get points other than something was in the pipeline and the club wanted fans to get used to purchasing away tickets via the club. It's a clean slate for all. I guess the points for Withdean season tickets from last year is to help with the sale of the Spurs and Eastbourne games.

What will happen at the end of each season? Will the slate be wiped clean?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That means that a person who buys individual tickets for all 23 league games has less than a quarter of the points of a STH. I fully support giving STH priority but it does seem unduly skewed against those who are not.

Yes, but given your assertion of "priority to season ticket holders" is it really going to make any difference?

Go to one game and you'll be ahead of all those who have not been to any.

Looking at the fixture list, once Pompey is out of the way EVERYONE is likely to be able to get to Cardiff, Brizz City, Leicester, Ipswich, Millwall and maybe Birmingham before the next high-demand game at Southampton.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not even this bit?

"It also gives us the opportunity to reward those fans who were with us at Withdean, particularly those who regularly travel away from home

How would they award the latter if they do not load the history.

You may be right but given the history is there on the system it would seem an odd move not to account for those transactions

There's nothing on the official flyer that mentions past away travel counting - http://www.seagulls.co.uk/staticFiles/63/7c/0,,10433~162915,00.pdf

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes, but given your assertion of "priority to season ticket holders" is it really going to make any difference?

Go to one game and you'll be ahead of all those who have not been to any.

Looking at the fixture list, once Pompey is out of the way EVERYONE is likely to be able to get to Cardiff, Brizz City, Leicester, Ipswich, Millwall and maybe Birmingham before the next high-demand game at Southampton.

Fair comment, the thing that pisses me off is the vague talk in the past encouraging people to sign up for the blue membership scheme, on the grounds that it would give you a slight advantage over someone who has never been to a match before.

I do feel the club has misrepresented this in order to sell more membership tickets in the past.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

more fool them if they did that though. Would be crazy not to of got a ST in that instance especially as the club offered it over several payments.

Whilst I appreciate the frustrations I fail to see how anyone can be suprised. It was obvious that if you didn't have a ST for the final season at Withdean the implications would more than not getting first dibs on Amex ST's.

Since Withdean the club have always always rewarded their ST holders and have stated many times they are the ones putting money into the club.

THe pompey game is bad timing and many will miss out. I'm sure there will be plenty of tickets by those just wanting to keep ahead in the loyalty table though.

Mar 9, 2011
Burgess Hill

This!

Got 4 1901 tickets and no points! Cant even get a ticket for SSC final.

To be fair, I'll wait and see what happens by Thursday if it will take till then to load points.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Which seems fair to me as last season it wasn't announced we would get points other than something was in the pipeline and the club wanted fans to get used to purchasing away tickets via the club. It's a clean slate for all. I guess the points for Withdean season tickets from last year is to help with the sale of the Spurs and Eastbourne games.

What will happen at the end of each season? Will the slate be wiped clean?

100% sure it was on the website mid/late last season, that it was recommended to buy tix through official channels, with reference to some priority for games next season.

In fact, insider confirms this - http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?198592-re-Priority-away-tickets-criteria&daysprune=100

Did this question ever get answered..?
http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?196976-New-loyalty-scheme&daysprune=365

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I got PUNCHED right on the kisser outside the Vetch Field and got SPAT on as I walked away from Filbert Street. But do I get any extra points? Do I f...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here