Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many loyalty points do you have?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
season tickets started at what? £33 a month...

a lot of people claiming to be unable to afford a season ticket, but swear they still go to most home and away games.

That's what I don't understand. A ticket at Withean was £28, even if you plan to go to only one game a month then it's only £3 a month extra (although you do have the 3 months in the Summer where there is no football).

If people cant afford to or don't want to commit to £32 a month because they only go to a few games a season then fair enough, but then why should you be at the front of the queue if you only go to a few games a season anyway? If they want to go to most of the games then just buy a season ticket, it works out cheaper anyway.

That said, I don't think this scheme is fair, I think 1000 points is way too many for STH to start with, I think 500 would have been fairer. And the fact that someone could have been to say 15 games a season for the last 14 years now has 0 loyalty points is completely wrong. They may not have been the most commited supporter of the club, but they should deserve something. Had I not bought a season ticket this year I would have been in that category and would be throughly pissed off.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That said, I don't think this scheme is fair, I think 1000 points is way too many for STH to start with, I think 500 would have been fairer. And the fact that someone could have been to say 15 games a season for the last 14 years now has 0 loyalty points is completely wrong. They may not have been the most commited supporter of the club, but they should deserve something. Had I not bought a season ticket this year I would have been in that category and would be throughly pissed off.

Why would 500 points make any difference? A non-season ticket holder would have to go to every league game (46 games at 10 points a game) home and away AND go to cup games in order to get to the level of a season ticket holder who'd not gone to any games other than his home league games. In all likelihood, the non season ticket holder, who'd gone to every game, would only get any increased priority for the last game or two of the season.

The 1000 points is neither here nor there - they could have set it at 1,000,000 points. The intention is clear: season ticket holders come above non-season ticket holders, nomatter how many games the non-season ticket holder goes to.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The 1000 points is neither here nor there - they could have set it at 1,000,000 points. The intention is clear: season ticket holders come above non-season ticket holders, nomatter how many games the non-season ticket holder goes to.

As has always been the case.
Yet some people seem mortally offended by this concept, as though its only just been introduced by this scheme.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Why would 500 points make any difference? .

It would make all the non-season ticket holders who haven't thought this through properly and are panicking about nothing feel less hard done by.

But yeah, I suppose you are right.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
What happens if let's say, HULL becomes POTD. Do us people who would rather pay on the day miss out on points?!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Why would 500 points make any difference? A non-season ticket holder would have to go to every league game (46 games at 10 points a game) home and away AND go to cup games in order to get to the level of a season ticket holder who'd not gone to any games other than his home league games. In all likelihood, the non season ticket holder, who'd gone to every game, would only get any increased priority for the last game or two of the season.

Do we know if the points are scrubbed at the end of the season or do any points accumulated carry over?

Only ask as if the points continue to be carried over then setting it at 1000 is relevant as you could get a season ticket for one season and it would take someone with match by match sales a very long time to catch up with you!!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It would make all the non-season ticket holders who haven't thought this through properly and are panicking about nothing feel less hard done by.

But yeah, I suppose you are right.
At the moment I've got the same chance of getting my hands on a ticket as a non-Brighton fan, you could argue that that is how its always been, but isn't that the point of a loyalty scheme?

Perhaps I'll buy a season ticket next year (if available) and use it only the 4 times I'm able to get to a home game, at least then I'll be guaranteed the ten away tickets I want. (is this the underlying reason for the scheme I wonder?)

Here's to happyness.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
At the moment I've got the same chance of getting my hands on a ticket as a non-Brighton fan, you could argue that that is how its always been, but isn't that the point of a loyalty scheme?

Perhaps I'll buy a season ticket next year (if available) and use it only the 4 times I'm able to get to a home game, at least then I'll be guaranteed the ten away tickets I want. (is this the underlying reason for the scheme I wonder?)

Here's to happyness.

So you're working under the assumption that we are going to completely sell out our entire away allocation at every Championship club this season ?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What happens if let's say, HULL becomes POTD. Do us people who would rather pay on the day miss out on points?!

No, what will happen is the club will somehow guess that you attended the game and allocate your points accordingly.

I mean, what do you think will happen?

Here's to happyness.

Yes you could.

There is no way on God's earth that this loyalty scheme is going to stop anyone with 0 loyalty points get away tickets 10 times this season. There is zero chance of us selling out our away allocation ten times. Not a hope in hell.

You may struggle to get Pompey / Palace tickets, but even then you'll probably be OK. People need to stop panicking, we haven't suddenly picked up 10,000 fans who want to go away every week, we'd be the best supported club in the country if that were the case.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Do we know if the points are scrubbed at the end of the season or do any points accumulated carry over?

I'm guessing no-one knows the answer to this yet. In my mind it would make sense if, say, the points from January onward were caried over to the next season so that any high demand games at the beginning of the next season could be allocated accordingly.

There is no way on God's earth that this loyalty scheme is going to stop anyone with 0 loyalty points get away tickets 10 times this season. There is zero chance of us selling out our away allocation ten times. Not a hope in hell.
This.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
being the terrible fan I am, for financial and child care reasons I will only make 6 or 7 away games this season, so if you want an away ticket you can always PM me. I will happily apply for you.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here