Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many loyalty points do you have?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And what proportion of those are suddenly this season going to be regularly travelling to away games ? Nothings stopped them going to away games before they got their Amex season ticket, so we're not overnight going to have demand for an extra 10,000 away tickets every other week off the back of them buying a season ticket for this year.

More WILL travel of course, but then we're visiting bigger stadiums with bigger capacities. I bet we can count on one hand the number of times demand outstrips supply over the next 2 seasons.

If Pompey away sells out to STH then no complaints from me. I fully support the privileges that their financial contribution brings. Same for people who had a ST at Withers last season. So anyone on 250-1280 points should rightly be at the front of the queue.

If tickets then go on sale to those with 50 points my bottom lip will be so far out you could stick your willy under it (and since you started using the Chartham Method (c) we both know that's a fair distance).

Crouch End Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
I'd be interested in hearing the specifics of how you'd structure an alternative to the proposed scheme when you get a chance.

I'll get a powerpoint ready for you Bozza but basics - away tickets go on sale, STHs and away club members can buy them, any left after 5 days anyone else can buy them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If Pompey away sells out to STH then no complaints from me. I fully support the privileges that their financial contribution brings. Same for people who had a ST at Withers last season. So anyone on 250-1280 points should rightly be at the front of the queue.

If tickets then go on sale to those with 50 points my bottom lip will be so far out you could stick your willy under it (and since you started using the Chartham Method (c) we both know that's a fair distance).

But then a young seagull 50-pointer would probably only get to go if their parent was a 250-1280 pointer and taking them along with them, its not like you'll have busfulls of 50 point schoolkids taking up rafts of tickets. There might just be a small handful going with dad.

And I've stopped using the Chartham Method now. Its started putting a bend in it and turned it a funny colour.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Take for example the Pompey away game , last season there may have been some tickets left over after the STH's got their hands on them , the next priority (Blue Members) would have snaffled up the remainder. This season Pompey is the first away game and the tickets will sellout as STH's who can't go will still buy a ticket for a mate , even if a few tickets were left over the next priority (Young Seagulls Members) will able to buy because they already have 50 points. So basically the only benefit of being a Blue Member is an Albion dvd collection.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
But then a young seagull 50-pointer would probably only get to go if their parent was a 250-1280 pointer and taking them along with them, its not like you'll have busfulls of 50 point schoolkids taking up rafts of tickets. There might just be a small handful going with dad.

And I've stopped using the Chartham Method now. Its started putting a bend in it and turned it a funny colour.

It only needs the club to organise a coach (or more) for the Juniors to travel on and then they'll all be going :lol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It only needs the club to organise a coach (or more) for the Juniors to travel on and then they'll all be going :lol:

I wouldn't have thought they'd organise such a coach for a game like this, when tickets will be in shorter supply than normal. If they did, THEN let the binfest commence.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I know I'm being emotive (sp) but in the eyes of Brighton and Hove Albion those young seagulls are more 'loyal' than those of us who have been wasting money for each of the last few years on the away scheme.

It's water under the bridge but being a member of the scheme was partly on the nudge-nudge wink-wink we've had from the club that this would be taken into account and give us a small advantage over others who have never been to a match.

I'll be at Cardiff on the Wednesday night............unless those 18,500 STH and their offspring snap up the tickets first of course....

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
so will they take a chunk of points away everytime you buy a ticket that requires loyalty points or will they just reset it every year

so say for a top priority portsmouth ticket 1250 points
by the new year a top priority southampton ticket could be 2000 points?

will it just keep building up? i think i explained that badly..

gully is my god

Apr 13, 2011
Hove
Personally, i'm unable to afford a ST but goes to nearly all away games and any home games I can when I go home. I have been a blue member since I can remember.

I feel like loyalty and wealth are taken as coming hand in hand. JCL's who have brought season tickets (and there must be lots, as i have been to many games with only 5000 or less fans at withers, or way less at aways like oldham), I feel are no more loyal than me, but can just afford it.

Think about an exec in a business, it wont make a dent in their salary. So its a no brainer, you would just buy one even if you dont plan on going to all games. (which also makes me worry about the atmosphere)

That all said, I see no way of making it fair as this is really the only thing they have to judge it all on. Would have been nice to see something for blue members - even if it were just 50 per year or something.

Its just a shame.
Ramble over.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
As a long time Withdean STH and PLatinum member I think this idea is poorly thought through and doesn't cater for those fans that regularly support us away for whatever reason. If someone is sharing thei season ticket with another or because they live further afield go to most of the aways but less of the home games how has this scheme recognised this. I understand the value of those of us that have put our money up front year on year but what about those in a less fortunate position. I think that individual games especially those that are away should have a far higher value especially as the club has intimated that the away trips of previous seasons would be recognised in this scheme. It seems to favour the JCL too much for my liking.

DanielT

season tickets started at what? £33 a month...

a lot of people claiming to be unable to afford a season ticket, but swear they still go to most home and away games. I agree there are some who are rightly put out, as would always be the case. but are some perhaps behaving like spoiled kids?

maybe the club should give everyone in the city 1000 points just for living in a BN postcode, or because they drove past withdean once or twice. or, how about this... anyone who has bought a season ticket should start off with a minus total, just for having the cheek to buy one. the disloyalty shown when one buys a season ticket is disgraceful!

gully is my god

Apr 13, 2011
Hove
season tickets started at what? £33 a month...

a lot of people claiming to be unable to afford a season ticket, but swear they still go to most home and away games. I agree there are some who are rightly put out, as would always be the case. but are some perhaps behaving like spoiled kids?

maybe the club should give everyone in the city 1000 points just for living in a BN postcode, or because they drove past withdean once or twice. or, how about this... anyone who has bought a season ticket should start off with a minus total, just for having the cheek to buy one. the disloyalty shown when one buys a season ticket is disgraceful!

Yes tickets at £33 a month, but as I used to be an under 21s supporter now going up to full adult, and on lower wages now, yes, yes it is hard to get. I have gone from call centre wonder, to small office secretary so yes, now adjustments have had to be made.

Dont be so quick to judge people.

Also most people are just venting that they feel hard done by, no-one has said that the points actually allocated aren't fairly given. Just that the lesser fans would like to see something from the club as a way of thanks for the long term following.

DanielT

Yes tickets at £33 a month, but as I used to be an under 21s supporter now going up to full adult, and on lower wages now, yes, yes it is hard to get. I have gone from call centre wonder, to small office secretary so yes, now adjustments have had to be made.

Dont be so quick to judge people.

Also most people are just venting that they feel hard done by, no-one has said that the points actually allocated aren't fairly given. Just that the lesser fans would like to see something from the club as a way of thanks for the long term following.

I commented after your post but wasn't meaning for you to feel the sole target of them.. I was actually venting more at Crouch End Seagull. I'd calmed down a bit by the time I got to the end of the thread but reading yours reminded me of aforementioned cock's whingy ramblings. I did acknowledge that there are some who are rightly put out - please include yourself in that.

However, having to pay adult costs now are something everyone has to face in the real world, it's part of growing up, along with higher taxes, the hugely increased costs of not living with mum anymore, and, as a bonus, lower car insurance premiums. Throughout their adult life, some feel that they should continue being breast-fed, not just by their mum, but by the government, councils, and by everyone and everything in society. The perpetually hand-held-out sort.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think the idea is a sound one, however the nuts and bolts of this have been badly thought through. I've got no points, but I do go to about a dozen games a season (I live in South Wales), I'm a blue member (or was I'm not sure if that scheme is still running) with lots of ticket purchase history going back years.

Anyway I'm moaning again, seems to be a recurring theme these days, I think I'll reserve final judgement until we get up and running. Zero points might be alright for the games I want to attend. We'll see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here