Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many loyalty points do you have?

Crouch End Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
This scheme is a big pile of cocks. It doesn't reward loyalty it rewards season ticket holders - not the same thing.

It would make no difference if a non season ticket holder went to every game home and away for two seasons, they'd still have less points than a season ticket holder who has been to no away games at all. Wrong wrong wrong and yet another indicator that the club no longer cares about anyone who cannot afford a season ticket.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This scheme is a big pile of cocks. It doesn't reward loyalty it rewards season ticket holders - not the same thing.

It would make no difference if a non season ticket holder went to every game home and away for two seasons, they'd still have less points than a season ticket holder who has been to no away games at all. Wrong wrong wrong and yet another indicator that the club no longer cares about anyone who cannot afford a season ticket.

The club have attracted and now need to keep approx 18000 STH. It seems pretty sensible to me.

Rewarding the few thousand Withdean faithful is a small, and short-term gesture of thanks.

There will be plenty of tickets available for most away games - regular away fans will soon be able to rack up some loyalty points.

Jan 30, 2008
The club have attracted and now need to keep approx 18000 STH. It seems pretty sensible to me.

Rewarding the few thousand Withdean faithful is a small, and short-term gesture of thanks.

There will be plenty of tickets available for most away games - regular away fans will soon be able to rack up some loyalty points.
don't think that old chestnut washes anymore ,lets waite and see

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

That's fair enough in relation to STH, but the club HAS misrepresented the ticket buying policy over the last few seasons by stating that buying tickets through the online system and the blue membership scheme would give you some credit going forwards.

I still fail to see how a 10 year old who has never been away in his life is ahead in the queue of someone who has been supporting the club away from home for the last 35 years, and has paid extra when buying tickets direct from the Albion because of comments from the club on the website.

It's a crock of poo.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
That's fair enough in relation to STH, but the club HAS misrepresented the ticket buying policy over the last few seasons by stating that buying tickets through the online system and the blue membership scheme would give you some credit going forwards.

I still fail to see how a 10 year old who has never been away in his life is ahead in the queue of someone who has been supporting the club away from home for the last 35 years, and has paid extra when buying tickets direct from the Albion because of comments from the club on the website.

It's a crock of poo.

and just how likely is that 10 year old to be going to Cardiff away ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
you do realise none of the ticket fee goes to Brighton for an away game?

I think you will find that the club gets an agency fee for each ticket sold.

My beef isn't that STH should come first, but that the club has lied in relation to trying to sign up people for membership schemes in the past.

Jan 30, 2008

It's a crock of poo.
yep, but at least you can ban people on NSC, you can't have it all :whistle:

Last edited:

Crouch End Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Yes I'm sure there will be tickets for away games. What annoys me is the huge difference between points awarded to season ticket holders (1000) and to the rest (0), what it means is that non season ticket holders will NEVER get near to being on an equal footing with season ticket holders and actually it makes the loyalty scheme utterly pointless for most non season ticket holders as the only route for us getting tickets to the big games is through season ticket holders who can't go.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I still fail to see how a 10 year old who has never been away in his life is ahead in the queue of someone who has been supporting the club away from home for the last 35 years.

The last 35 years do not count though. The only 'previous' is whether you had a season ticket at Withdean. Fresh start and all that. I think it's reasonably fair. And those that go week in week out will soon pull clear of those that do not.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes I'm sure there will be tickets for away games. What annoys me is the huge difference between points awarded to season ticket holders (1000) and to the rest (0), what it means is that non season ticket holders will NEVER get near to being on an equal footing with season ticket holders and actually it makes the loyalty scheme utterly pointless for most non season ticket holders as the only route for us getting tickets to the big games is through season ticket holders who can't go.

I don't have an issue with that to be honest, if the STH want to cherry pick away games then they have put up £400 for a ST and that brings some privileges.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The last 35 years do not count though. The only 'previous' is whether you had a season ticket at Withdean. Fresh start and all that. I think it's reasonably fair. And those that go week in week out will soon pull clear of those that do not.

Then why did the club say different when trying to flog the blue scheme for £30 and also via encouraging us last season to buy tickets direct from themselves?

If they had been honest UP FRONT then I have no complaints, they didn't though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It's a crock of poo.

The Junior Seagull 50 points thing is largely a gesture on behalf of the club. The season won't be very old before any frequent attendee has more points than your 'never attending 10 year old'. If someone misses out to a 'never attending 10 year old' for a Southampton ticket, for example, then they haven't made much of an effort to get to games.

They might be going to Millwall away, which puts them ahead of any other non STH.

Which brings us back to the fact that this scheme won't dis-allow many people from many games: we never sell out Millwall, do we?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Junior Seagull 50 points thing is largely a gesture on behalf of the club. The season won't be very old before any frequent attendee has more points than your 'never attending 10 year old'. If someone misses out to a 'never attending 10 year old' for a Southampton ticket, for example, then they haven't made much of an effort to get to games.

Which brings us back to the fact that this scheme won't dis-allow many people from many games: we never sell out Millwall, do we?

Fair comment, but it ignores the misrepresentation from the club last season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

We're in a different world now. One where direct financial support of the club is key. And that has to be the right thing to do. A perfect scheme that recognises and addresses every single unique weird and wonderful case does not exist.

Actually, it's not a different world at all - this has always been the case through both formal and informal, publicised and 'under the counter' mechanisms.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here