Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Many BHA Fans Running The Brighton Marathon?

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Not recommended. Football strips are not designed for running in for 3, 4 or 5 hours!

The chaffing will not be nice.

A nice loose running t-shirt & vaseline those bits!
Then just concentrate on the job of completing the 26.2 miles

I've been training in the same type of running top the whole time, but worried that it's gonna be too hot on the day....but on the other hand don't wanna change and find halfway through on sunday it's causing me issues.

Sep 8, 2007
I'm running Brighton too. Arnica cream and ice baths for the feet for the next couple of nights though , as may have some inflammation around ankles/achilles . This course of action has been prescribed by the very helpful Jog Shop staff ! I'll be fine on the day - he says trying to convince himself !

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I'm running Brighton too. Arnica cream and ice baths for the feet for the next couple of nights though , as may have some inflammation around ankles/achilles . This course of action has been prescribed by the very helpful Jog Shop staff ! I'll be fine on the day - he says trying to convince himself !

Good man. Get some Ibuprofen down your neck too.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Have seen a fair number of signs on the streets advising of road closures on the 18th.

The traffic information signs on M23 south tonight were warning delays Brighton 18th. They could have explained it a bit on subsequent signs for those who don't know it's the marathon. Good luck to all those running hope the weather is kind.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
I'm not a great lover of pasta but I have now discovered fresh egg fusilli.
Had heaps of it today with pasta sauce, parmesan and bacon and was steaming round the streets afters.
Looking forward to the race finally after many weeks of ups and downs, it also helps that I have now raised my sponsorship money for the charity Guide Dogs for the Blind.
Best of luck to everyone and enjoy the day (my 1st London Marathon was one of the best days of my life)
To the first-timers; it is better to run the race in a steady pace especially at the start when everyone seems to be whizzing past. Although it is nice to finish in a good time, the biggest achievement is to finish irrespective of the time, I certainly will be plodding round and it won't be the end of the world if I don't better my previous marathon efforts of about 4 and a half hours.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Im in the blue starters

Is it frowned upon to go faster than your colour coding?
If it's anything like London, then you're best off ignoring it and just going wherever it looks sensible to be. Don't panic if you're held back though - a few seconds delay at the start makes bugger all difference to be honest.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What are people's thoughts on the course? You can see a video of it on the official site here.

I'm pleased that the only climb is around the 7 to 10 mile mark because I normally feel quite strong at this point. I can see mile 15-16 being a bit of an issue as you'll see loads of people coming the other way who have already done that bit. The same goes for 18-21, and it can be a bit demoralising.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What are people's thoughts on the course? You can see a video of it on the official site here.

I'm pleased that the only climb is around the 7 to 10 mile mark because I normally feel quite strong at this point. I can see mile 15-16 being a bit of an issue as you'll see loads of people coming the other way who have already done that bit. The same goes for 18-21, and it can be a bit demoralising.

I had a few on it last night, Im glad its flat after the first 10.

I dont like the idea of U turns, as you say it makes you feel down, However it will keep ypu motivated to enflict the same pain on others on your way back

Our latest merry band of soon to be, sore legs, aching bones, but full of wide cheshire grins................

1/Steve Foster
2/it's Neil
3/Tony Bloom
4/Beardy Gull
5/Bob!
6/Super Gus!
7/Stoichkov
8/Hove born & bred
9/Simster
10/Fatboy
11/Kinky Gerbils
12/Gluteus Maximus
13/Brownstuff
14/Anchorman
15/HH Brighton
16/The Face
17/Matt Back Home
18/ Lord Bamber
19/ Mistahclarke
20/ Timbha
21/ 7:18
22/ Seagull 273
23/ Richy Seagull
24/ lucky007
25/ Its Forster not Foster!
26/ Homer

Maybes:

Alfie22

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Nice one Argus. This'll be popular with the organisers......

"Will you be running with an iPod? If so we want to hear your ultimate running song. Tell us below."

:facepalm:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nice one Argus. This'll be popular with the organisers......

"Will you be running with an iPod? If so we want to hear your ultimate running song. Tell us below."

:facepalm:
Twats. :wozza:

I went for my final run today. Feeling quite strong after 7 days rest, but my glutes/groin muscles are still bothering me. I'm praying that 4 more days of rest will sort me out.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Simster

The best tip I was ever given when I did the London Marathon
is to stay in the middle of the road if at all possible. Not only
do you avoid all the rubbish/bottles etc that are thrown there
- but the road camber can cause imbalances in your weight
distribution, which might aggravate injuries (that's the theory
anyway)

all the best for it.

And the list continues to grow..........

1/Steve Foster
2/it's Neil
3/Tony Bloom
4/Beardy Gull
5/Bob!
6/Super Gus!
7/Stoichkov
8/Hove born & bred
9/Simster
10/Fatboy
11/Kinky Gerbils
12/Gluteus Maximus
13/Brownstuff
14/Anchorman
15/HH Brighton
16/The Face
17/Matt Back Home
18/ Lord Bamber
19/ Mistahclarke
20/ Timbha
21/ 7:18
22/ Seagull 273
23/ Richy Seagull
24/ lucky007
25/ Its Forster not Foster!
26/ Homer
27/ DC gull

Maybes:

Alfie22

rocketman

Jul 26, 2004
One here too, my third and final marathon! Running for the Rockinghorse Appeal like our great chairman, only wish I was somewhere close raising as much as him, but it all helps. Good luck to everyone on the day and here's to plenty of support along the route.

One here too, my third and final marathon! Running for the Rockinghorse Appeal like our great chairman, only wish I was somewhere close raising as much as him, but it all helps. Good luck to everyone on the day and here's to plenty of support along the route.

As this will be your 3rd you can't give up - you are now in the experience club!
I no longer run for charities (been there done it) so just run for myself.
Much more liberating - hence why I run a marathon every month!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here