Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Many BHA Fans Running The Brighton Marathon?

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Please do not run with an iPod. It Is considered the height of rudeness during a race & you will undoubtedly get pushed or shoved over as you will not hear other runners asking you to move. For one day only leave the ruddy thing at home

I understand that. I just find music incredibly helpful when I'm starting to struggle so just really going to miss that.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
My brother is running. He's in the red category. I understand he is hoping to be under 3.5 hours.
He runs quite a lot of marathons.

I may well be cheering him on near Shoreham Powerplant, in an Albion top, so if you see me, feel free to wave (or make some kind of movement towards me, I appreciate you'd have been running along time!), and I'll cheer you on.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That true? i shouldn't have a red then!!! OOps. Don't remember putting that time!

Would I lie to you? ???

This is what it says on the website:

Race Day Information

Each runner’s number is colour coded to show their predicted finish times and the corrals are arranged to match these.

The colours are as follows:
B&W: Elite
Red: 2 hours 45minutes to 3 hours 45 minutes
Blue: 3 hours 45 minutes to 4 hours
Pink: 4 hours to 4 hours 15 minutes
Green:4 hours 15 minutes to 4 hours 30 minutes
Yellow:4hours 30 minutes to 5 hours
Orange:5 hours to 6 hours

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Went for my last run this morning, 4/5 miles from the marina along to Rottingdean and back. I just thought it'd be a good idea to check out the biggest incline of the course and to be honest I'm quite happy although I'm grateful it's relatively early on.

My nerves are currently at ease due to overpowering excitement! Bring it on! Good luck everyone!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm not running as I'm not fit enough but had a jog from Palace Pier to Shoreham Power Station and back today and it was mirable. The last bit between Hove Lagoon is going to be a bit of a dampner, phewph.

D

Deleted User X18H

Chip on shoe , number on shirt, energy drink and carb gels chilling nicely. Good luck all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here