Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Many BHA Fans Running The Brighton Marathon?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm doing the run this Sunday too. Runner number 5053 - orange.

Marathon virgin, but I've surprised myself (and a few others) with my dedication to the training. Still not expecting a time and faster than 5½ hours, but just planning to finish, to be honest.

Was planning to fund-raise for the charity that I'm a trustee of, but our bank account wasn't acceptable to Just Giving and there have been too many delays along the way to trying to get another sorted out such that I'm now resigned to the fact that we won't be set up in time.

I've also been having concerns over what to wear on the day, as I've had no issues whilst training, but think my top might be too hot for the day itself. I've been running in one of these, though I don't look as good as Michel in mine!
undershirt1.jpg

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One here too, my third and final marathon! Running for the Rockinghorse Appeal like our great chairman, only wish I was somewhere close raising as much as him, but it all helps. Good luck to everyone on the day and here's to plenty of support along the route.

I bet you do another, they are strangely and perversely addictive.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Just sent an email to the site asking that I can refer to 2011 as I had a hernia op in December so could not train. I am gutted. Never run before but so badly just wanted to do the first one.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
I'm doing the run this Sunday too. Runner number 5053 - orange.

Was planning to fund-raise for the charity that I'm a trustee of, but our bank account wasn't acceptable to Just Giving and there have been too many delays along the way to trying to get another sorted out such that I'm now resigned to the fact that we won't be set up in time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
is it, by any chance, on any form of tv on the day? would quite like to see all the LANDMARKS
Surely it'll be on regional tellybox? Unless of course there is a coachload running a one mile fun-run in Bournemouth or Southampton, in which case they'll cover that instead.

As for the run around God's city, I'm getting proper excited now (and praying that my glutes & groin problem doesn't get any worse).

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Surely it'll be on regional tellybox? Unless of course there is a coachload running a one mile fun-run in Bournemouth or Southampton, in which case they'll cover that instead.

As for the run around God's city, I'm getting proper excited now (and praying that my glutes & groin problem doesn't get any worse).

I think with last nights result and sunday my heart may actually explode.

**Newsflash**................

Brighton & Hove supermarkets running low on pasta as thousands of local residents running the marathon!

1/Steve Foster
2/it's Neil
3/Tony Bloom
4/Beardy Gull
5/Bob!
6/Super Gus!
7/Stoichkov
8/Hove born & bred
9/Simster
10/Fatboy
11/Kinky Gerbils
12/Gluteus Maximus
13/Brownstuff
14/Anchorman
15/HH Brighton
16/The Face
17/Matt Back Home
18/ Lord Bamber
19/ Mistahclarke
20/ Timbha
21/ 7:18
22/ Seagull 273
23/ Richy Seagull
24/ lucky007
25/ Its Forster not Foster!
26/ Homer
27/ DC gull
28/ Rocketman
29/ Sully
30/ John Byrnes mullet
31/ Fourteenth Eye

Maybes:

Alfie22
Mr hairy

Oct 25, 2003

just czeched and apparently "due to budget limitations" it will NOT be on tv

which is a shame

good luck and big respect to all those running

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
**Newsflash**................

Brighton & Hove supermarkets running low on pasta as thousands of local residents running the marathon!

31/ Fourteenth Eye

I don't think the Eye is running, but his big brother is. He was doing a thumbs up to my fund-raising plans.

Alfie22

Mar 12, 2008
I'm in, although I haven't run now for 7 weeks. I guess I'll see how it goes on the day. The wife is running so might just run along with her...

Gluteus Maximus

Jul 10, 2003
Trumpton
Stuck in Copenhagen, flight tonight cancelled. One less I'm afraid. Would be gutted if I didn't have a stinking cold and a dose of shin splints after a jog yesterday.
With all the bloody pasta I've eaten I'll be like a duracell bunny this weekend...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here