Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Many BHA Fans Running The Brighton Marathon?

Alfie22

Mar 12, 2008
I will be doing a trial run (maybe 5 miles or so) tomorrow, to see if the shins hold up...don't want to be the only "maybe!"

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Foster you left me off the list!

Doing my last run this week, only a few miles as still got a few niggles I hope will clear up before sunday

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
I've got a feeling I'm going to be finishing some way down the list of BHA fans! In fact, probably last!!

Really nervous now but I managed to do my longest ever run of 19 miles on Tuesday and I'm feeling normal again already which is encouraging.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I've got a feeling I'm going to be finishing some way down the list of BHA fans! In fact, probably last!!

Really nervous now but I managed to do my longest ever run of 19 miles on Tuesday and I'm feeling normal again already which is encouraging.

I'm just hoping to get round. Same sort of predicted time as yourself. Longest training run has been 17 miles. My best half-marathon time is 1hr 56m.

*gulp*

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Getting excited now. Going for a ten mile run tomorrow morning. Been getting some good runs in this week without much knee pain.

What's everyone wearing? I can't bring myself to wear tights like most runners seem too. Shorts are okay aren't they?

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I have UnderArmour boxer shorts and a tight long sleeved undershirt that I wear regular shorts and running shirt on top of.

I appear to have picked up a stomach bug, had to abort my 1 hour run today 15 minutes in. Any more seasoned runners give me their opinion on the use of something like Immodium if it doesn't clear up by next week?

OH, and if anyone wants to SPONSOR me...

Neil Skinner is fundraising for St Catherine’s Hospice (Crawley) - JustGiving

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009

Doubt you'll be last, I haven't run more than 10 miles in training and just wanting to finish, preferably in under 5 hours.

The Updated List!

1/Steve Foster
2/it's Neil
3/Tony Bloom
4/Beardy Gull
5/Bob!
6/Super Gus!
7/Stoichkov
8/Hove born & bred
9/Simster
10/Fatboy
11/Kinky Gerbils
12/Gluteus Maximus
13/Brownstuff
14/Anchorman
15/HH Brighton
16/The Face
17/Matt Back Home
18/ Lord Bamber
19/ Mistahclarke
20/ Timbha
21/ 7:18
22/ Seagull 273
23/ Richy Seagull

Maybes:

Alfie22

Last long run this morning. 12 miles along the prom, then feet up, pasta & carb diet for a week & a few short runs

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm just hoping to get round. Same sort of predicted time as yourself. Longest training run has been 17 miles. My best half-marathon time is 1hr 56m.

*gulp*

I'm in exactly the same boat, and have been too ill the last couple of weeks to go out at all which has been a pain. Out this afternoon for another 13-15or so to see how I feel, and hopefully get some confidence back for the big one.

Getting excited now!

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
my football team want me to wear our strip since they are sponsoring me...is this going to be too heavy/too much?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
See that red thing hanging from the belt? Tell me, what is it? ???

I cannot remember what it is called but if inserted correctly at 22 miles you'll finish very strongly.

my football team want me to wear our strip since they are sponsoring me...is this going to be too heavy/too much?

Not recommended. Football strips are not designed for running in for 3, 4 or 5 hours!

The chaffing will not be nice.

A nice loose running t-shirt & vaseline those bits!
Then just concentrate on the job of completing the 26.2 miles

And the list continues to grow!

1/Steve Foster
2/it's Neil
3/Tony Bloom
4/Beardy Gull
5/Bob!
6/Super Gus!
7/Stoichkov
8/Hove born & bred
9/Simster
10/Fatboy
11/Kinky Gerbils
12/Gluteus Maximus
13/Brownstuff
14/Anchorman
15/HH Brighton
16/The Face
17/Matt Back Home
18/ Lord Bamber
19/ Mistahclarke
20/ Timbha
21/ 7:18
22/ Seagull 273
23/ Richy Seagull
24/ lucky007

Maybes:

Alfie22

lucky007

Apr 12, 2010
West Sussex
The best thing i ever got for running is some 'under layer' shorts that you wear under your normal running shorts...stops everything moving around and rubbing :glare:

Got em from ebay - Ronhill, £20 bargin...nobody wants bleedin balls

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here