Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How long will YOU give Fab before calling for his head

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we go down - a big if, I agree - would we say we trust in FH to bounce us back up ............................ or would we say, nah, failure, get rid?

In those circumstances I would say yeh, let's get rid. But, if we were still in the PL for the 2025-26 season, I'd say let's go again (but sack at Christmas (2025) if still not getting anywhere). Can't say fairer than that.......................................

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can anyone remember another Albion first half with 6 goals in it ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I certainly won't be calling for his head, but I like many saw this game as a clear litmus test of Fab's tactics and adaptability.

We've looked horribly vulnerable to seemingly simple through balls, as a result of our high pressing defensive tactics.

I saw the way Chelsea play with pace to burn all across their front line as the ultimate test for us, especially as every team we've played so far, including Crawley were able to exploit our lack of pace and defensive organisation.

We could relatively easily have conceded 7 or 8 today and at times it looked horribly naive.

Here's hoping Hürzeler can sort it put, as he comes with a reputation of being able to adapt to situations, and we are definitely in a situation.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can an admin close this please? The guy has had 6 f***ing games. The OP is a ‘look at me’ bellend or Palace, either way get rid of this shit.
F*** off. This board is for discussion. Believe it or not, some NSCers won't agree with you - and that, my friend, is just your tough sh|t!

So, if you have an answer, how long would you give FH to get it right?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
F*** off. This board is for discussion. Believe it or not, some NSCers won't agree with you - and that, my friend, is just your tough sh|t!
You f*** off. It’s not discussion is it, it’s an agenda. It’s literally OUR new manager’s first defeat after 8 games. You want him sacked or even that to be discussed at his point?
Wanker.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Right. Stop with this shit here.

It’s late and frankly I can’t be arsed doing the thread bans but I will if I need to.

I asked politely so please give me a break and either take it to PMs if you must or preferably just move on.

Thanks

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
What confuses me is, Fabi built a reputation at St Pauli for being adaptable tactically, knowing when to play one way and when to play another way depending on the opposition. We’ve not really seen this yet at Brighton, and hopefully it comes through sooner rather than later — not because the performances so far have been shite but because it’s necessary if we’re to qualify for Europe again as the club hierarchy and many fans aim to do. My guess is he’s still bedding in his tactics, which has to happen before he can get the team alternating between approaches.
OK, I’ve now listened to Fabi’s post match interview, and he doesn’t think this was one to change his tactics for. Just that we should have executed the high line better. :shrug:

I’d like a bit more tactical flexibility but again it could just be that the team is not familiar enough with his favored approach to start switching it up based on the opposition.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Utter bullshit thread.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Our defending is. We've also had a lot of luck so far apart from the Everton opener. United had a goal disallowed correctly but it was unlucky for them. Ipswich had the best chance of the match hitting the woodwork albeit their only chance of the game. The Arsenal point was good but again we got lucky with Rice's stupidity. Crawley played us off the park at times in cup and wolves missed sitters with our defence all over the place. Its early and Fabian is learning but this Premier league is unforgiving compared to the German 2nd division.
Ridiculous comment. We were shit in defence under RDZ

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Ridiculous comment. We were shit in defence under RDZ
Even the two who got stabbed up the arse also remember Rome for our woeful defending and clueless tactics.

Somewhat ironic that this weekend we lost a man, a good man, who in 1988/89 had 8 straight defeats at the start of the season and kept his job, obviously times have changed but we are still very much in the ‘nappy pin’ stage for young Fabian.

It was always going to be a rocky ride but that’s half the fun 😂

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I won't be calling for his head.
I stood by Hyypia for fucks sake.

It's a worry that Chelsea were able to work out how to beat us after just 8 games this season.
But then again it's been pretty obvious for a while, that we don't have the defenders to play the way he wants us to.

It will be interesting to see how he adapts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here