Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How long will YOU give Fab before calling for his head

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Our defending is. We've also had a lot of luck so far apart from the Everton opener. United had a goal disallowed correctly but it was unlucky for them. Ipswich had the best chance of the match hitting the woodwork albeit their only chance of the game. The Arsenal point was good but again we got lucky with Rice's stupidity. Crawley played us off the park at times in cup and wolves missed sitters with our defence all over the place. Its early and Fabian is learning but this Premier league is unforgiving compared to the German 2nd division.
We conceded at at rate of two goals a game including 4 v Luton and Man City, and 3 against Arsenal, Plucky and Fulham.

Our defending for the second half of last season was abysmal, and we didn't have the excuse of a new manager and a new style.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Our defending is. We've also had a lot of luck so far apart from the Everton opener. United had a goal disallowed correctly but it was unlucky for them. Ipswich had the best chance of the match hitting the woodwork albeit their only chance of the game. The Arsenal point was good but again we got lucky with Rice's stupidity. Crawley played us off the park at times in cup and wolves missed sitters with our defence all over the place. Its early and Fabian is learning but this Premier league is unforgiving compared to the German 2nd division.
A year ago this weekend we lost 6-1 to Villa. In the previous 5 league matches under FH we kept two clean sheets. It’s not much worse, not by any subjective or objective measurement.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes. Full of the usual bedwetting bile after a loss.
I agree and I might be doing a little of that too. However, it wasn’t the defeat (I already had this down for a loss) but the manner of it. It’s no exaggeration to say we’d lost the game by half time and we could have conceded seven or even eight.

No one really came for De Zerbi until Luton. Objectively this was defensively worse.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We conceded at at rate of two goals a game including 4 v Luton and Man City, and 3 against Arsenal, Plucky and Fulham.

Our defending for the second half of last season was abysmal, and we didn't have the excuse of a new manager and a new style.
RDZ had a vision for the club that didn’t align he will be back at a top PL club after he wins the French league.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree and I might be doing a little of that too. However, it was t the defeat (I already had this down for a loss) but the manner of it. It’s no exaggeration to say we’d lost the game by half time and we could have conceded seven or even eight.

No one really came for De Zerbi until Luton. Objectively this was defensively worse.

Aspinall/Cantor said the same, 8 or 7-2 wouldn’t have been an unfair scoreline.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
At half time I went for a piss and stood in an annoying vortex queue between the urinals. @jackalbion was there and the conversation with a few of us was how many times the ball went in the Brighton net.

Was it 6, 7 or even 8 as someone said? Then someone reminded us of the one off the post. The fact that they could have had near enough double figures in the net - irrespective of the bullshit offside rule - is mad. I'm in no way #fabout but that was too open by a country mile.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I wanted him out before he started. I want the next manager out now.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
At half time I went for a piss and stood in an annoying vortex queue between the urinals. @jackalbion was there and the conversation with a few of us was how many times the ball went in the Brighton net.

Was it 6, 7 or even 8 as someone said? Then someone reminded us of the one off the post. The fact that they could have had near enough double figures in the net - irrespective of the bullshit offside rule - is mad. I'm in no way #fabout but that was too open by a country mile.
Offside is offside though and although most of them were close, they were offside. Isn’t that the point of a high line? High stress stuff though

f***ing exhilarating stuff that we were on the wrong end of today due to a world class performance from Palmer

Most exciting 4-2 first half I have ever seen, even though we were on the wrong end off it :shrug:

Did I mention I go to/watch football to be entertained…and I was.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
We can take defeats but no-one wants their team to be a laughing stock. As a fanbase we're patient but if we continue getting beaten by suicidal tactics then pressure will mount from media and some fans will follow.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
We can take defeats but no-one wants their team to be a laughing stock. As a fanbase we're patient but if we continue getting beaten by suicidal tactics then pressure will mount from media and some fans will follow.
Are we a laughing stock after that game?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Offside is offside though and although most of them were close, they were offside. Isn’t that the point of a high line. High stress stuff though

f***ing exhilarating stuff that we were on the wrong end of today due to a world class performance from Palmer

It's too easy to get a chance against us. It cost us last week. It cost us this week. We were lucky it didn't against Man U.

I agree that Palmer was brilliant though. Fair play. What a player. Sometimes we will come up against that.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Erm...that's our first loss.
What's with the 'continue getting beaten' shite? :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here