Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How long will YOU give Fab before calling for his head

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ha! Next you’ll be telling me that Albert Einstein never said “put a big lad on the back stick and sling it in the mixer.”

Did you actually read the OP? I am fully behind FH and was very entertained by yesterday’s first half! It was some of the comments on the match day thread that made me wonder how patient some on here are!

That’s it, I am not in any way expecting to be wanting him binned!
Yeah, I know that, but even just asking the question I think is a little far fetched! It's arseholes/opinions though, we all have one.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Friend of order: Albert Einstein said nothing like that. Its just people doing the same mistake over and over when they misattribute the quote to him.

The high line worked great until our players started to question their competence. There was naiveness but the high line wasn't it - the naiveness was to look for complicated solutions short after making a mistake. When you make a mistake like Webster did and the opponents score, you need to calm down and simplify to restore control and survive their bloodlust. We made it very easy for them to keep their adrenaline up.
It took 20 minutes for Chelsea to work out our glaring weakness , that’s all. Not so much an issue of broken confidence.

Defensive High line with slow defenders against fast attackers is suicide in Sunday games I play in, and doesn’t work at premier league level either.
Fast beats slow in a race .

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'm not calling for Hurzeler out, I'm not saying I think he's crap or writing him off, but I do have concerns. Not because of results, because of performances.

As far as I see it, there's not much point changing managers again this season even if the results aren't where we want them to be, as long as we don't end up in a relegation scrap.

However, I will say I haven't been hugely impressed by our performances under him so far and there was definitely an element of naivety about our tactics yesterday, which was really disappointing. No complaints about the result, they're better than us, but the fact we struggled in the exact way we all thought we would in the score predictions thread is a worry. It was obvious we would get caught out playing the high line against them and we could've conceded 10 on another day. Stubbornly sticking with the same tactics and formation with no regard to the opposition was ultimately RDZ's downfall.

This on the back of two very frustrating home games, where we were getting torn apart by a single long diagonal on a regular basis. Teams have already worked out our weakness and we haven't adapted. We have looked pretty good going forward and some players are stepping up to the plate, but there are a few key players underperforming and a few new signings looking lost. Whether that's on them, the manager, the coaching staff, I don't know.

It's going to take time to get right, but I am really hoping he's going to have at least taken something from that game (and Ipswich/Forest) and will make changes accordingly to the tactics for Sunday. Fully expecting a loss going into it as they have more quality than we do, but I at least want to see some tweaks to counter their threats and to limit the exposure of our weaknesses.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It took 20 minutes for Chelsea to work out our glaring weakness , that’s all. Not so much an issue of broken confidence.

Defensive High line with slow defenders against fast attackers is suicide in Sunday games I play in, and doesn’t work at premier league level either.
Fast beats slow in a race .
It was worked out before the teams even took the pitch. Listen to the Cole Palmer post-match interview on MOTD

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
:LOL: And I am not going to apologize for derailing the thread.

View attachment 189557

1727610672505.png

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm not calling for Hurzeler out, I'm not saying I think he's crap or writing him off, but I do have concerns. Not because of results, because of performances.

As far as I see it, there's not much point changing managers again this season even if the results aren't where we want them to be, as long as we don't end up in a relegation scrap.

However, I will say I haven't been hugely impressed by our performances under him so far and there was definitely an element of naivety about our tactics yesterday, which was really disappointing. No complaints about the result, they're better than us, but the fact we struggled in the exact way we all thought we would in the score predictions thread is a worry. It was obvious we would get caught out playing the high line against them and we could've conceded 10 on another day. Stubbornly sticking with the same tactics and formation with no regard to the opposition was ultimately RDZ's downfall.

This on the back of two very frustrating home games, where we were getting torn apart by a single long diagonal on a regular basis. Teams have already worked out our weakness and we haven't adapted. We have looked pretty good going forward and some players are stepping up to the plate, but there are a few key players underperforming and a few new signings looking lost. Whether that's on them, the manager, the coaching staff, I don't know.

It's going to take time to get right, but I am really hoping he's going to have at least taken something from that game (and Ipswich/Forest) and will make changes accordingly to the tactics for Sunday. Fully expecting a loss going into it as they have more quality than we do, but I at least want to see some tweaks to counter their threats and to limit the exposure of our weaknesses.
It's a bit worrying now that we are all kind of writing off games against 4-7th placed teams now when the last 3 seasons we would have fully expected to get a result . .... .

Says a lot.

Also so disappointing after our incredible start to the season.

Jul 2, 2024
The club has just had one of the best and plenty of activity transfer windows ever. With lots of new players arriving. It is going to take time for these players to adapt and gel. Not only as a team together but with the new style of play that the new coaches are trying to implement, it's not only the new players who have to adapt and gel it's the old aswell. It's going to take time and we will get good results along the way and bad results too. It's all part of it and all part of the learning process.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It was worked out before the teams even took the pitch. Listen to the Cole Palmer post-match interview on MOTD
I still don’t think a collective loss of confidence (if that happened) after the Webster mistake was the downfall of our defensive strategy. It was the positioning of the defenders in a high line which was the problem, from start to finish.

Last edited:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Large summer overhaul and new manager means it’s going to take at least half the season for everyone to settle in and understand their roles. Clearly a lot of players getting to grips with a new league and team, This season was always going to be a slow burner for that reason and have been pleasantly surprised by our decent start.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Large summer overhaul and new manager means it’s going to take at least half the season for everyone to settle in and understand their roles. Clearly a lot of players getting to grips with a new league and team, This season was always going to be a slow burner for that reason and have been pleasantly surprised by our decent start.
I think Bournemouth had a worse problem early last season, new manager and players but finished very well, once everyone was up to speed.

We are a work in progress and will have more setbacks I’m sure.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The club has just had one of the best and plenty of activity transfer windows ever. With lots of new players arriving. It is going to take time for these players to adapt and gel. Not only as a team together but with the new style of play that the new coaches are trying to implement, it's not only the new players who have to adapt and gel it's the old aswell. It's going to take time and we will get good results along the way and bad results too. It's all part of it and all part of the learning process.
Yet to be proved. Just the most expensive ever, so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here